Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Getaway [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on September 19, 2015
This movie wasn't good. The plot line was really cliche and lazily done. I didn't enjoy Selena's acting in this movie either. It wasn't very enjoyable watching the car scenes because I felt like I was getting to see what was going on, then a zoom in of Selena's face and a one-liner that was usually "S***" or "Oh my God" etc. I think the car scenes would have been better if they took out a lot of the one-liners and zoomed-in shots and just showed the viewer what was going on outside the vehicle. You know, the actual car chase. The car chases felt really similar to me as well. Police cars and the other car. Police cars crash. Chase scene over. The motorcycle chase wasn't very realistic to me. I can't imagine it's easy to shoot at someone while trying to drive a motorcycle at high speeds. Never having to reload your weapon must help. I found the movie to be predictable and the characters felt really plain and unoriginal. I didn't even sense the chemistry between the main character and his wife. It was just one of "those" movies that are easily forgettable but pass the time nonetheless.
3 people found this helpful
on October 22, 2015
This must be where all those fake reviews are going!

I love Ethan Hawke, but his movie was outright ridiculous. No plot, no story, just horrible anyway you look at it. Gomez hacking on an iPad?? Please. It really doesn't deserve one star.
7 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2017
The action is very good and the city of Sofia Bulgaria at Christmastime helps put on a show. The plot may not be one hundred percent beleivable but who cares Selena Gomez and Ethan Hawke are in Knight Riders Back-up car ( Tom Petty and Christina Onassis Not Exactly--) TRYING to stop a multi- billion Euro bank heist done electronically by satellite hacking by Jon Voight.... HOT action Idea.
on October 22, 2015
Thin (read: No) story. Endless string of car chases lose their thrill when so overdone. Empty characters with no compelling reason to care about them. So many movies, so little time. Don't waste your valuable non-renewable resource of time on this movie.
5 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2015
There are two things there is waaay too much of in this film, vehicle mayhem and Selena Gomez. Now I like car chases/crashes as much as the next guy but this becomes tedious fast. Add to that Selena Gomez acting a fool throughout and the annoying factor goes way up. Still, there is some entertainment to be had..
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 27, 2017
I really like this movie due to the fact that the whole goal of this entire phone is to do with a stranger wants that you don't even know in order to save the woman that you love. Basically the main character throughout this movie got into the situation because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and someone knows his past history. The car chases and the dangers involved make this movie fun and entertaining to watch if you like action intense movies.
on June 15, 2015
I was mostly disappointed. At first I was looking forward to seeing two actresses I really like (Rebecca Budig and Selena Gomez), but was let down in that 1. Miss Budig had less than a minute of screen time and dialogue, whereas Selena had plenty of screen time, but was limited to portraying an angry girl who swore a great deal. An unrealistic chase scenario with a poor story line. One error, police cars in Bulgaria do not have „police” written on their cars, rather Полицията.
2 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2014
As long as you watch this movie just for the action then you will probably be ok. Near the end of the movie there are some holes in the plot/story line so big that you could drive a Mustang Shelby Cobra through it, but like I said, its just an action fodder movie so don't expect any awards or something.
on November 17, 2015
It was just o.k., nothing too original, but can't say I expected much. Watch it, you might like it. Don't expect non stop action and you won't be disappointed.
on November 8, 2015
I read earlier reviews and thought I'd give it a chance. After all, the cast is good and have done good work previously. I was very disappointed. The film makers couldn't be bothered with continuity. Car damage miraculously appearing and disappearing. In fairness, this review is based on the first two acts, I could not make it to the third, and who knows if the 3rd act redeems it.
The Mustang deserved better.