Getting Away With Murder Single, Enhanced, Import
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
They have completely dropped the rap-rock with this album (it was apparent that they would be doing so since it was hardly on "LoveHateTragedy), and I think they're better for it. While I liked their rap-rock, I think the lead singer has a great singing voice and he gets his point across more clearer in the songs this way. The album is heavy, but not extremely heavy. It's heavy when it needs to be. I really love the guitars and drumming on every single song. They're even more present than ever before. I also can't help but notice the strength of the lyrics in all of these songs, as well. There really are lines and sections of songs that will stay in your head. I'm sure some people will be upset with the sad tone of some of the songs, but if you can't deal with your demons through music, then what else is there left to do?
This is another one of those albums that you do not have to worry about skipping tracks. I loved every single song, but I do have my favorites. The best songs, in my opinion, are "blood (empty promises)," "not listening," "getting away with murder," "be free," "take me," "stop looking start seeing," and "do or die." It's really hard to list favorites, but those are the best tracks. It really is a great album in a whole.Read more ›
1. Blood (Empty Promises)- An awsome song- 5/5
2. Not Listening- Just keeps getting better- 5/5
3. Stop Looking, Start Seeing- Doesnt compare to the first 2 but a good song- 4/5
4. Take Me- Another awsome song- 5/5
5. Getting Away With Murder- The first single off the album, represents what this album is all about-5/5
6. Be Free- A pretty good song, nothing special- 4/5
7. Done With You- Not one of the best songs on the album but its still a good song- 3/5
8. Scars- The second single off the album, a good song- 5/5
9. Sometimes- I love the way how it starts out slow, then turns into another great pap roach song, Another one of my favorites- 5/5
I have to say im pretty disappointed with songs 10 and 11 they dont compare anywhere as near as the first 9 but they arent terrible songs
10. Blanket Of Fear- Eh. -3/5
11. Tyranny Of Normality- Definatley the worst song on the album- 2/5
12. Do Or Die- Another good song, not a big fan of the chorus but its still a pretty good song- 3/5
"Getting away with Murder" is almost on par with "Last Resot" as far as the debut single goes. The fancy thing about this album, is that it is more diverse, and shows the maturity that "Infest" did not have.
I took away 1 star from the overall rating, for the somewhat simplistic, often semi-corny lyrics on some of the songs. Jacoby, while his singing voice has improved markably since the beginning, hasn't fully matured in a lyrical sense. Most, if not all of the songs are about being depressed, out of it, and having fights with his mate. It doesn't take away from the musical experience with me, but when I sit down and actually pay attention to the lyrics, I'm not blown away.
All in all, very good album, and I'm glad to see the boys back.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This album is highly overrated. Very pop-ish. Only a few choice tracks here. They got rich and lazy.Published 4 months ago by Big JT
Great Power. Lots of Rock. One of my favorites. Love the composition, the perfomance and Chris Lord-Algee's mixesPublished 8 months ago by Diego Portillo
Just right for when you want to explore those lower emotionsPublished 12 months ago by Marc S. Mcclain