Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 232 reviews
on December 18, 2009
When I heard "Scars" on the radio I wondered who it was. "Scars" is such a good song. In a way, we all feel that way with the one person we can't save. It really touched me. So I looked it up, and realized it was Papa Roach. I remember the first time I rocked out to "Last Resort" and instantly listened to all the previews of the songs on Getting Away With Murder. I loved it. Jacoby's voice is one of my favs. M. Shadows (of A7X), James (of Metallica), Jacoby (of Papa Roach), and Adam (of 3DG). Over all the Cd (to me) captures that feeling of being beaten, somehow rising above it, and becoming better. It also makes a good album for driving to...LOL! :) Two thumbs up dudes! Kick butt Cd.
on July 7, 2017
Another Masterpiece from Papa Roach! Straight fire from start to end! One of my favourite albums that I definetely recommend. Do you like Hard Rock? then this is a must-have for your collection!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 2, 2004
With such a tremendously successful debut cd, many bands collapse on the sophomore effort. We've all heard about the sophomore jinx. Papa Roach experienced it big time. With no record deal to speak of, they went into the studio and cut some great songs, got a deal, and brought back the buzz that defined them as a band from the beginning.

"Getting away with Murder" is almost on par with "Last Resot" as far as the debut single goes. The fancy thing about this album, is that it is more diverse, and shows the maturity that "Infest" did not have.

I took away 1 star from the overall rating, for the somewhat simplistic, often semi-corny lyrics on some of the songs. Jacoby, while his singing voice has improved markably since the beginning, hasn't fully matured in a lyrical sense. Most, if not all of the songs are about being depressed, out of it, and having fights with his mate. It doesn't take away from the musical experience with me, but when I sit down and actually pay attention to the lyrics, I'm not blown away.

All in all, very good album, and I'm glad to see the boys back.
on November 17, 2013
My absolute favorite Papa Roach cd. They were recommended to me in 2008 and I have been a fan ever since. Even though I do not have one single person in my life who concurs with me about how great they are - I have found they mirror every human emotion I have ever had to deal with and as such I am very devoted to this band ( sadness, rejection, lonlieness, isolation, messing up, starting over, etc )
on September 10, 2016
By far their best album! scars still remains their greatest song ever!
on March 13, 2016
This album is highly overrated. Very pop-ish. Only a few choice tracks here. They got rich and lazy.
on November 20, 2015
Great Power. Lots of Rock. One of my favorites. Love the composition, the perfomance and Chris Lord-Algee's mixes
on May 2, 2016
one of their better albums
on June 23, 2016