- Series: Pocket Study Skills
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave; 2nd ed. 2014 edition (May 23, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1137402512
- ISBN-13: 978-1137402516
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.3 x 4.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #731,305 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Getting Critical (Pocket Study Skills) 2nd ed. 2014 Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From the Back Cover
'Be more critical!' 'Too descriptive'
Tutors often say this, but what does it mean? And how do you achieve that 'critical' approach you need for the higher grades? This practical guide shows you how. It:
- explains what 'getting critical' means and why you need a critical approach to your work
- gives practical advice on getting critical in your research and reading
- shows you what critical writing looks like and how to write critically
This new edition has more on developing argument in essays, on reading strategies and detailed examples of student writing.
Kate Williams manages the Upgrade Study Advice Service at Oxford Brookes University, UK. She is Series Editor of the Pocket Study Skills.
About the Author
Kate Williams manages Upgrade, the Study Advice Service at Oxford Brookes University, UK. She has worked with students from Foundation to PhD and has written a range of books and materials on study skills and is also the Series Editor for Pocket Study Skills.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|