- Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOKS18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Getting Your First Job For Dummies (For Dummies (Business & Personal Finance)) Paperback – December 26, 2017
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
From the Back Cover
- Determine what kind of job you want and are suited for
- Write a compelling cover letter and résumé to land an interview
- Prepare for interviews and evaluate job offers
Findand getthe job you want!
Your first job is a milestone in life. You're probably excitedand maybe a little nervous. Well, relax, because you've got this! Here's your guide to the process, from figuring out what type of job you want to negotiating a rewarding offer. You'll see how to identify and evaluate your strengths, craft the ideal résumé, cultivate and use your network, prepare for interviews, research companies, and determine if a job offer is just okay or really terrific. Since you're new to job seeking, this book will be your mentor!
- Discover what you enjoy doing
- Explore career aptitude tests
- Investigate online search sites
- Customize your résumé
- Research different companies
- Use social media effectively
- Follow up after an interview
- Negotiate the best offer
About the Author
Roberto Angulo cofounded AfterCollege, the largest online marketplace in the U.S. where college students and employers can connect. He collaborated with the Obama Administration on the launch of Summer Jobs+, which successfully created more summer opportunities for youth ages 1624. He is also cofounder of US2020.org, a STEM mentorship program.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It provides a way to get your student organized and helps him find places to begin his search. The advice is good solid basics on the subject and will help he or she organize their thoughts and begin the process.
I recommend. Four Stars
But that’s JustMe.