- File Size: 320 KB
- Print Length: 63 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Center for Church Communication (February 13, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 13, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IGH5JAA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#944,881 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #431 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- #997 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- #2146 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > General
Getting Started in Church Communication: Web Basics Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Writing about digital communication is tricky. First of all, platforms and best practices change constantly. This book freely admits that and finds a nice mix of "go to this website and try this thing" with "step back and look at the big, unchanging picture." Secondly, every congregation has different needs and resources. This book is not advocating you go out and build the biggest and flashiest website. Rather it gives you ways and ideas to find out what you and your people (both present and potential) need and what you can afford -- both in time and money.
For me, this book was light on how-to and heavy on "how to think about." If you are looking for design or coding help, you'll have to go elsewhere. If you want to be able to lead thoughtful, prayerful discussions on your church's online presence, this is the place to start.
Part of this value lies in placing an emphasis strategic vision. A successful website serves the needs of its audience and it cannot be successful unless we identify our audience and what they need. Neither of these questions have easy answers, but it's worth the time to give them full consideration.
The book then works towards practical advice for how to create a practical website and keep it relevant to your church. It manages this by relying on the voices of industry professionals who do just that for a living. This gives a variety of voices and perspectives on a complex topic.
`Web Basics' is just what it claims to be -- basic. It's straight forward, easy to understand, organized into bite-sized articles. The book provides a resounding overview for what it means to design a impactful ministry web presence.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > General