- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Getting Through College without Going Broke: A crash course on finding money for college and making it last (Students Helping Students)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
...offer[s] practical, easy-to-absorb bits of advice that can immediately be put into practice. -- Booklist
A quick and easy read that covers some basic money-management issues all college students face. -- Washington Post
These are the kinds of guides a guidance counselor might love, with a mentor's nurturing tone. -- New York Times
Top customer reviews
1. Planning Ahead - talking with your parents, summer jobs, talking with counselor, college applications, thinking about the college debt ahead of time (with some statistics on average debt amount, tuition, etc.)
2. Hunting for Money - finding financial assistance, junior/senior year checklist, looking for loans and scholarships, nailing the FAFSA, writing a successful scholarship essay, avoiding scholarship scams
3. Making the Most of What You've Got - making sure you have all the money you need, planning a college-based budget, comparing schools based on the assistance you found/have, asking for more money from the school,
4. Working for Money - advice on finding decent jobs, quick cash ideas, balancing school and work, work-study programs
5. Spending Wisely - budgeting, working with your dorm partner to save money and furniture expenses, free activity ideas, saving money ideas
6. Saving Moola - bank/ATM expenses and their pros/cons, banking, checking, saving
7. Staying Out of Debt Trouble - credit card advice, pros/cons of having plastic, credit card jargon, keeping the debt low on the card, other useful tips on managing cards
8. The Daily Grind - parting words and advice