Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 645 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 626 reviews
on August 9, 2013
I can't believe Amazon would allow one of their trusted sellers to sell fakes. I received mine today and it took about 5 seconds to realize that it was fake. I could not register it on the ghd website, and I came across the information below to help identify fakes. This straightener did not have a reset button on the plug, and had many more of the 'give-aways' that it was a fake! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.

After being burned TWICE on ebay on fake GHD stylers, I decided to tell you everything I know about how to spot a fake.

1. Real GHD stylers have plugs with reset buttons, like you would find on a hairdryer.

2. Real GHD stylers have one hole on the cord where it meets the body of the iron. (Some of the newer models after the Pure and Dark have two holes.)

* One of the fakes I bought had three holes and one didn't have any... so make sure to look!

3. Real GHD stylers (applies to Hot Pink only) have a solid pink cord, the cord does NOT have a black ring where it meets the back of the styler.

4. When I contacted GHD of North America, I was told that North American GHD's do NOT have holograms at all! (The models available in the U.S. after the Pure and Dark models came out include holograms. Older models do not.).

5. Real GHD stylers say "Made in P.R.C." on them or Korea. They never say "Made in China".

6. Real GHD stylers will NOT have a hook on the cord to hang up your styler.

7. Real GHD stylers have domed screws, not flat headed screws.

8. The GHD styler DVD should have a number code and barcode on the back (compare it to the back of a DVD movie you own, they should look the same on the back). The fake GHD DVD's say DVD R really small on the back of the DVD towards the center, sometimes it is very hard to spot.

9. The booklets that come with the GHD styler should have colored pictures. Some fake GHD stylers have black and white pictures.

10. FOR THE HOT PINK GHD STYLER: The female snap on the bag should have little stars, the fake ones DO NOT. The fake ones have a Chinese company name.

11. If you open up your styler (if all else fails!), a real GHD styler will have two microchips, one on each side by each flat iron plate. The fake ones only have one (if it even works!).

12. Real GHD stylers have very strong, thick boxes. Fake GHD stylers boxes often come beat up, dirty, and are slightly smaller.

13. Fake GHD stylers often come with black scuffs on the body of the styler. They are not taken care of very well like a genuine GHD styler.

14. Real GHD stylers come with two booklets, some fake stylers only have one.

15. CHECK THE BOX AND TAGS! One of the fake GHD stylers that I received had misspellings on the tag! Apparently they don't use spell check.

16. Real GHD stylers have a date code on the inside of the body of the styler. It should have the year, month, then day.

17. LOOK AT THE BOX: One of the fake GHD stylers that I received (a hot pink one) had two different shades of hot pink on the top of the box.

18. HOT PINK GHD STYLERS should come with a card inside of the wrap and roll bag that says "Thou shalt surrender to pink". A fake GHD won't come with that.

19. Fake GHD stylers often come with the seal loose on the inside of the box. A real GHD should be sealed from the outside. (Does not apply to Dark or Pure since they have not been released in the US yet).

20. For the classic GHD stylers, the box should be matte, not shiny.

21. Hot pink GHD's should have black writing, not white writing.

22. Real GHD's sensor lights are clear but will flash red when ready to use and make a funny beep. Fake GHD's sometimes do not flash red or are solid red, not clear.

BEWARE of sellers with LOW FEEDBACK! Ask sellers questions about the 22 things I have pointed out above. If they do not answer, don't buy! If they make excuses, don't buy! Also, some buyers who have been ripped off are trying to resell their GHD's to cut their losses. Watch for things like "I got it as a gift" or "I recently cut my hair". One of the seller's I purchased from was supposed to be shipping out of Georgia but he really shipped from China. Don't believe everything you read about a seller's information. They can lie.

One of the sellers I purchased from actually bought her GHD's from a salon, and they were still fake! If in doubt, only buy from an approved stockist. You can find a list of approved stockists from GHD's website.

Always pay through PayPal if you still have doubts so you are protected and don't be afraid to ask for pictures from the seller to verify the plug, the DVD, or anything else you have questions on. Always ask questions before buying and remember, if it looks too good to be true, IT PROBABLY IS!

***UPDATE***

The GHD Dark and Pure stylers are now available in the US and there are a ton of fakes on ebay now. Always always ask about the plug. One way you can always tell a fake is it will have a plug like a lamp. If it is REAL it will ALWAYS have a plug with a reset button, like a hair dryer.

GOOD LUCK! I hope this keeps someone else from getting burned like I did!
77 comments| 403 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2011
Ghd 00217 Professional Original Styler, 1 Inch I purchased this product in January of this year, Three months later I started having problems with the styler. It would heat up, and when I started using it, it began clicking and the heating element would go off and on. I was not happy of course since I had paid 170.00 for the product. I called the company as it has a two year warrenty. I was informed the company would not honor the warrenty since I had purchased this product through Amazon.com, that I would have to go through Amazon.com for any conpensation. I talked to Amazon.com and they told me they would only compensate me half of the purchase price, and when I asked for the product to be replaced, they said NO they would not replace it, that they could only give me half of the purchase price. They said they would send me an email with a link for me to print a return label and that return postage was free. But When I recieved the email with the return label At the very end it says if it is not their fault, I would be charged 34.00 for the return postage!!! I feel like I am getting the run around here! I can send it back, but they will only refund me half and then they are going to take half of that for return shipping??? It is just wrong wrong wrong!!!
1212 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2016
This is my second iron with the first one lasting more than 5 years. I specially chose this brand because of the plug/circuit breaker since the model I had before this one burned my bangs. I've never had a problem with this model and absolutely feel the price is equivalent to it's quality. Also if you take care of your iron your iron will not disappoint you.
on April 21, 2015
Just bought a new GHD straightener. I have an old one (12 years old) and GHD is not available in my country so I decided to buy a new one if the older one would "die". I have used the old one everyday (sometimes 2x a day) for 12 years and I absolutely love it. I have been trying the new one and it is a litle bit different, seems to weigh a litle bit less and has a sound effect when it is turned on. I feel like the new one is to smooth, but that could be because the old one is very old and has a different feel and the plates are more used. But both of them give me very straight hair. I was very skeptical when reading the reviews on amazon....is it fake or not. My conclusion is that this is not fake and the best hair straightener ever. I have long curly frizzy hair and it takes me under 5 minutes to straighten my hair. I have tried many brands over the years and I have to say that GHD is the best of the best.
on October 26, 2016
I am very disappointed. I have ordered this twice with the dame malfunctions in both flat irons. The first iron came and was malfunctioning--sleep mode doesn't work among other things. I returned it for a replacement and the second iron is malfunctioning as well. The auto shut-off does not wok. I will have to return again and will select a different manufacturer now. I have no idea how this iron could be packaged and sole when it doesn't work. Clearly that have no inspection process.
on May 1, 2017
My Chi flat iron stopped working after many years. I was happy with the CHI but asked a hair stylist friend who recommended the ghd. She may have a different series than this one, but I found it to be less effective than the CHI and took more time to straighten. The ghd flat iron didnt close completely- there was a gap between part of the plates- which may have been part of the problem. Some of the other reviews I wrote said that the ghd only took one or two times through each section of hair- that wasn't the case for me. I have coarse, curly but frizzy hair.
I have returned the ghd and ordered the CHI
on May 19, 2017
I have biracial (black and white) hair and this does not get my hair straight. I have to go over it MANY times and it's damaging my hair. The beeps also don't make sense to me...they seem to go off randomly whether it's hot or just turned on. The only thing I enjoyed about it was the lavender color.
on May 5, 2017
I've always wanted GHD's but never really had the budget for it, so decided this birthday (24) after moving to the states and throwing my £30 pair in the bin I would treat myself. Best decision ever, great irons and using them so much more than my old ones as they are so quick and easy. My hair is very thick so it used to take ages to style with my old irons. So much easier now!
on February 15, 2017
I received my Styler on time and was able to register it, so it's the real deal. Very easy process. This Iron leaves my hair soft, shiny and straight, I love it more than my Paul Brown which I have used for years. I highly recommend it to anyone.
on December 29, 2015
Item seems legit. It is boxed with current ghd packing materials, contains a ghd hologram, and I was able to register the item with ghd independently. However, when I went to plug in my new flatiron, it barely got hot enough to do anything. It was like I kept waiting for it to get hotter and it just didn't. So I tried it. It didn't curl my hair, didn't tame frizz, and didn't flatten anything. It was barely even hot to the touch. I mean, I've used a LOT of flatirons in my day, but I've had Vidal Sassoon flatirons from CVS that got hotter than this thing. It is going back in a hot second and I will continue the search for a truly great flatiron.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.