Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
on September 17, 2016
A very well put together album by the group. I really like it and I think it is the best one they had made together. I never owned this one when it was originally released back in 1981 and the 2003 Digipak remasters are wonderful. The sound has never been better, to me anyway on CD. I am really happy to see many of these groups rerelease their albums this way. The whole package is great, liner notes, photos, the CD itself.
If you are a fan of THE POLICE, I would recommend getting all their albums this way. They are not expensive, either. You can get a really good deal on here if you look hard enough.
1) SPIRITS IN THE MATERIAL WORLD
10) SECRET JOURNEY
11) DARKNESS
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2016
Excellent mastering and the quality is obvious right from the start of "Spirits In The Material World".
on December 3, 2015
Classic Police! Every song will send you back in time. Many of us have had the immense pleasure of seeing The Police live in our past so, if you are a Police fan, or a Sting fan, you have to own Ghost in The Machine. Those of you that are new to The Police, this will be quit enjoyable.
on March 30, 2017
One of my fav Police albums. Nice sounding remaster. Price is great.
on April 17, 2017
Arrived in great condition for a used record. Plays very nicely 😊
on January 3, 2006
This classic album was my introduction to the 80's

megalith which was simply The Police!

I was in the military at that time and one of my roommates

turned me on to them as well as Bob Marley, for which I am eternally greatful!--(Thanks JG!)

Anywayz, just put it on from start to finish and there's no garbage tracks like so many albums of today!

I still listen to this and the other Police masterpiece

"Synchronicity" as if it were the early 80's all over again!
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2013
This album greatly expands the sound of the earlier Police recordings with the addition of Keyboards and Horns. It is also the beginning of the rising tensions within the band as Sting basically starts pushing the other members contributions to the back, which understandably causes some resentment and probably led to the breakup of the band. That being said, this is still a strong recording by the group, with a nice bit of pop with "every little thing" and the exploration of a more thematic approach to music with most of the rest of the tracks. The band plays strongly and in fine form here, and the music holds up well, even after thirty years, making this a recording still worth listening to.
on January 7, 2008
This album saw The Police move in a distinctly different direction from their earlier stuff. The reggae influence was pretty much gone here and the overall sound is slicker in general. Many fans sight this as the band's weakest effort and at the least it is definitely a transitional album. It is one of the bands most somber efforts with politics taking the lead over relationships in the lyrics. Keyboards are also introduced on this album to varying degrees of success. More huge hits came from this one, "Spirits In The Material World", "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", "Too Much Information" and several more tracks got significant AOR airplay. I almost have the opposite reaction to this album as I have the 3 that preceded it. It does not seem to have aged as well to me. While the first 3 have grown on me over the years, this one I seemed to like more when it first came out. Oh well, either way this is another essential Police album if you are a fan of the band.
on June 11, 2016
Love it!
on June 22, 2013
Synchronicity gets all The press but for my Money Ghost in the Machine is the Best Police album. Coming after Their top 10 Breakthru Zenyatta Mondatta The Band chose not to coast and added New wave Textures, Saxaphones and everything else to the songs. The Results are amazing. Every Little Thing..,and Spirits in the Material World are Classics and for me Secret Journey and Darkness are just as good. Great Music, Powerful Production and Great Playing = A Classic Album.