Praise for Ghost Marshal
- "This is what the Weird West is all about!"
- "Five big, beautiful tin stars!"
- "A massive showdown worthy of the Weird West genre."
- "As if the story wasn't fabulous enough, Hamilton uses all the old Western tropes like a master."
- "Hamilton manages to take the ol' standby, the shootout finale, and put it on paranormal steroids."
- "Fast-paced and fun to read, this is a smart story, too."
- "This was an interesting twist on the Wild West with a very dishy Wild Bill turning up to help a young lady who is not to be messed with!"
- "Jessie Parker is a gal with grit."
- "This book was a delight."
- "I flat out loved Ghost Marshal."
From the Author
Howdy, Weird West fans!
When I set out to write Ghost Marshal, I had in mind a cross between The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and True Grit, with a dash of Once Upon a Time in the West thrown in for good measure. (You can't go wrong with a dash of spaghetti Western.) I wanted to write a Western that I would want to read, historically detailed yet filled with all the tropes I loved as a kid, plus ideas borrowed from horror and suspense stories, and all mixed up in a fantastical Weird West blender.
Along the way, I created two characters I've come to love, Jessie Parker and the ghost of Wild Bill Hickok. My readers sure seem to love them, too. Jessie reminds me of my own daughters, a little naive at first, but headstrong and confident, never backing down in the face of a challenge. Bill has a past he needs to atone for, even if it takes him all eternity. When those two put their heads together, anything can happen.
I hope you enjoy Ghost Marshal. It's always a delight to meet my readers. Please find me at johnchamilton.com.