Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 80 reviews
on January 4, 2016
I discovered this set when I was obsessed by the memory of one of these episodes (At The Cradle Foot) I remembered viewing as a tween. I couldn't remember the name of the series, though pretty sure it was a TV episode and not a full-length movie I was remembering. I was determined to find out what the heck I was remembering. Long story short I searched and searched on line and finally found the Youtube recording of the episode in question, watched it and realized THAT was what I was remembering. I decided to purchase the entire series once finding out it was available through Amazon. I haven't finished the entire set, yet, but it's looking more and more familiar (and pretty creepy). I must say that the picture quality is superb. I've purchased recent series sets that aren't this clear and crisp. I'm not even sure why the above episode was the one to stand out in my mind, but if it hadn't, I wouldn't have searched and found this set.
on November 24, 2016
I have been watching this program and enjoying each story as it is shown. I watch this as a kid and now as I watch it again, the shows are as good as I remembered. Very happy to have bought this.
on January 25, 2014
I remember watching this in its original run. At the time I thought this and Kolchak the Night Stalker were great. Being able to watch this series again brought back some memories. This time around though it wasn't quite as scary as I remember it. Still very watchable and was nice to see Mr. French narrating the first of the series' episodes. The up side is that some of the episodes really hold up. The one with Jason Robards, in particular, still keeps its suspense. Some are pretty silly though. In retrospect I can see why it was cancelled. Almost all of the major actors/actresses are either very familiar and/or of high quality but quite a few of the story lines are pretty weak. Another case of my youngster memories becoming a bit jaded this time around. Still recommended to those in the same boat as myself or to those who want to see how a suspense/horror anthology outside of Twilight Zone etal. was presented in the early 70's. Great sentimental value.
on December 11, 2015
This is one of those TV programs I could barely recall for years. I recalled the episode with Helen Hayes and the boy terrorized by his doppleganger, and I recalled the Jodie Foster episode with the girl controlling her home using voodoo and a dollhouse. A few years of research, and I was pointed to this series from the dustbins of my memory. "Ghost Story" was a much more paranormal version of "The Twilight Zone." Stories involve ghosts, werewolves, haunted houses, witches and other entities. Some of the episodes stand out better than others, but its appeal may be in recognizing the old 70s actors and sets, (like the "Bewitched" house in the aforementioned Jodie Foster episode). This DVD is a prize; a nice reminder of a series with a very small cult following that night otherwise have been totally forgotten.
on September 7, 2012
Ghost Story/Circle of Fear is the best horror show that has EVER been on T.V.
Featuring many top actors such as Patricia Neal , Janet Leigh, a young Jodie Foster and others.
I saw this show 40 years ago and have never forgot it.
Highly recommended.
on April 29, 2014
I really enjoy this series, and recommend it for people who enjoy "The Night Gallery" too.

The episodes have serious plots that don't look childish or make you laugh instead of being scared. I do enjoy series like "Tales from the Crypt", but they don't give me that nice spine-tingling feeling that a horror-movie fan looks for and can't easily get.

All of the 23 episodes have you in supense, in that eerie atmosphere that only the 70's movies could create. Furthermore, there are neither absurd visual effects nor ridicule plots in the stories, that seem completely reasonable and possible to happen to anyone.

I find the series rather expensive, but worth its price, for it is terror hard to find nowadays!
on September 29, 2012
I remember this show as a kid. I loved it. Scared the pants off me!
I've had bootlegs off this not very good bootlegs and when i saw this
was out had to get it! This is classic horror tv at it's best! great
stories and acting! If you liked Night Gallery or Twilight Zone or
Hitchock you will love this tv series!
on March 31, 2016
This gem is finally out! A little appreciated series from the 70s, this collection of stories, some scary, others, mystifying, has finally made it's way to DVD. Hurry and get it before it's gone! These stories do stand the test of time.
on April 5, 2014
GHOST STORY was one of the finest series of the Horror genre. I watched it when it was first run. The episodes introduced by Sebastian Cabot are the ones I enjoyed the most. I always enjoy a "hosted" series more -- it gives a personal feeling that you don't get with a story that's just there. The CIRCLE OF FEAR episodes were mostly OK, with one exception; the episode EARTH, AIR, FIRE, AND WATER was the most terrifying episode of the series. I have wanted to have this on DVD for years.
on April 12, 2012
UPDATE: Now that I've received the dvds it's time for an update. The picture quality is superb and everyone should be happy. The only let down is the cheap menus that were created for the episodes. All you get is a listing of episodes with images of various Sony tvs in the background. Apparently, where the menus are concerned, creativity is not required when making these on demand dvd sets even though the price is higher than a standard set.
Overall this set is still well worth the price for the rarity and cult status that this tv series holds.

This is fantastic! The classic anothology series from the early 70s is finally seeing a dvd release!
This series was made when tv productions were still original, creative, and not cheap to make reality shows.
Even though the price is slightly high and the set is dvd-r it is still worth it and a small price to pay for being able to own this classic series!!