Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on September 7, 2013
Ghost of Lost Eagle is described as the first western romance paranormal story in the Sweetwater Canyon series. Western and Romance fit this work, but for me it is not paranormal. I see it rather as spiritual, founded on folklore and the Lone Wolf myth. The ghost of Lost Eagle is there all along, unseen but inviolable and helpful to those who deserve his support. And even though there is a ghost, the manner in which this story is dealt with seems to belong to folklore more than to the spectral realm.

As soon as the book opens something happens, and the suspense does not stop until the very end. There are several characters who call to us, but Sass and Tuck are undoubtedly the strongest ones. They also call to each other, and they embark in a ritual dance (that's how I see it) from the very beginning. The secondary characters are quite colorful and appealing too, especially Philip, Sass's father.

But - let us not forget the horses. They have distinct (and peculiar) personalities, and they play an essential part in the story. We get to know them quite well, respect them and admire them. My favorite is the Cayuse Indian pony - absolutely!

The landscape is also eloquent - extremely beautiful but sinister. And the eerie wail of a wolf echoes off the granite cliffs - and makes us shudder...

There are unexpected twists that maintain suspense - and surprise - right to the end, and once you finish reading you wish there were even more.
on February 11, 2014
I have not read a Western romance story before. I was looking for something light to read on a cross country flight and this was recommended by a friend. It did not take long before I was flipping through pages eager for the next one. I was a little surprised, but not offended, by some of the more explicit scenes. They were well developed and added to the story without being gratuitous. I was reading in the Kindle App on my tablet and was dismayed when my battery went down before I wanted to stop reading. If there is a fault to be found it may be that the lead character is a bit too much of a Cowboy Superman being highly skilled at every task put before him. That said it really does not detract from the excellent story. Having read this one, I immediately found and read Dean Sault's other Western Romance "Maker of Angels" and thoroughly enjoyed that one too.
on August 2, 2013
This is an action-adventure western novel mixed with romance and a bit of paranormal in the form of a ghost. All these elements bind together adding depth and suspense.

The action and story was interesting to read as it rolled out with great characters and suspense, and reminded me of the authentic old west, and NOT something that suggests the author watched a few western movies and thought he had it all figured out. Maybe the author is a history buff, or diligently did his research, or both, but it made the story's texture more vivid, bumping it up from a really good read to a great one.
on November 26, 2013
Great characters, fast paced with lots of twists and turns. I haven't read one worthy of a 5 star rating in a while. Ghost of Lost Eagle earned 5 stars from this reader. I'm ready for the next one in the series... Congrats Mr. Sault!!!!!!
on June 27, 2014
I liked the combination of old fashioned Western w/scify. Throughout the book I enjoyed the humor. Nice touch w/the Indian customs and good description of women's lives during that time period.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse