Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Ghost Thief
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on February 12, 2014
Living Sacrifice is back with an absolutely brutal follow up to 2010’s The Infinite Order. And while that album was an excellent reboot it was a bit of a more modern metal recording. Comparatively speaking, Ghost Thief is a return to the brutal and heavy riffs of their early metal days, particularly the much lauded Reborn – the album that virtually revitalized the entire Christian metal scene in 1997. With the exception of “Screwtape” (which guests Demon Hunter’s Ryan Clark on vocals) which has a contemporary metal vibe, complete with melodic vocals, this disc is full of riff heavy death metal. The bending riffs in “The Reaping” are just sick, and the same twisting riffs infuse the brutal yet somewhat melodic “Straw Man.” Lance Garvin is a perfect balance of power and speed here, his rhythms seamless, his fills perfectly complementing the pauses and lurches in the guitar riffing. Lyrically this is just some of the band’s best stuff, and Bruce’s growl is fierce and discernable as always, belting these truths out with conviction. Seasoned veterans, this is a band in its prime. Hard to say, but with the longevity of many bands these days cranking out great releases well into the 3rd or 4th decade of their careers, Living Sacrifice may just be getting started because they sound as relevant and youthful as ever.
on June 4, 2014
I've never heard of you guys before this. I've been a huge fan of Demon Hunter, and accidentally stumbled upon your album on Youtube while listening to some new Demon Hunter and can't get enough of this album. So I looked up the other albums and listen to them - fantastic all around! But this one is my favorite album. Thank you for letting me listen to it for free on Youtube first, so I can determine if I like it enough to purchase it. I'll be watching/listening for new music from you guys again!
on November 14, 2013
Reborn and Hammering Process are considered their best. This one joins the conversation. Rocky was phenominal with Soul Embraced's "Dead Alive" and I think he's unveiled his masterpiece here. Bruce and Lance are timeless. Arthur is no redheaded stepchild and is quietly one of the better bassists out there. To me, if you combine "Dead Alive" with the back half of "Concived in Fire" and throw in some elements from "Reborn", "Living Sacrifice" and "Hammering Process", you have this album while also managing to push their own envelope out further. Great stuff.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2014
I can't say it enough these guys are fantastic. A beautiful blend of thrash, metal, hardcore, and even a little death. Every album just seems to get better and better. I hope they just keep pushing out albums, I guarantee I will buy every single one. Not one complaint about this album, if your a fan you won't be disappointed. I also believe this is a great album for any newcomer so if you haven't heard them yet this will be a great intro.
on November 15, 2013
Living Sacrifice have been refining their metal sound since 1989. This is evident on their 8th and newest release 'Ghost Thief'. The album is diverse yet cohesive- blending thrash, hardcore, death and melody into one grooving, flowing slab of heaviness. These guys have more than paid their dues. They've never sold out, resulting in years under the radar- despite being elite, metal technicians. I ask any genuine metal head to check out this album and their entire catalog.
on December 1, 2015
A stellar outing from one of the great, possibly most underrated, metal bands of last few decades. Issued after the group reformed a few years back, this album combines some of the best elements of all of their albums before - death metal, thrash, heavy, melodic, strong songwriting, epic lyrics. The complete package
on November 19, 2013
I discovered Living Sacrifice only a few years ago and I have been a huge fan ever since. Although I love their other albums (Reborn and later), Ghost Thief is my favorite thus far. I love the variety, love the amount of detail that went into each and every track, and I LOVE that I am not getting sick of it with each listen! Even though I don't have the lyrics (since I was impatient and couldn't wait for a physical copy) Bruce is super clear and the band is as tight as ever. Well done!
on January 12, 2017
A kick ass cd
on June 6, 2014
Perfect for longtime fans and if your new to the band, its a great introduction to these pioneering faith based bands. This is full of character and sounds very sleek, leaving the listener with a certain freshness coming from both good production and passionate delivery...over all an album worthy of your time.
on December 1, 2015