Spring Deals Automotive HPC Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Ghost Trackers
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change
Price:$26.53+ $4.69 shipping

on October 8, 2015
This was overall, a very good read, despite being predictable at times. Now, I must be honest here,I read these books out of order, I started with Ghost Town, so some may consider this review unfair but off I go. While I enjoyed the characters very much and they certainly did a good job of creating an uneasy, something-evil-lurks-just-beneath-the-surface of a charming, small town atmosphere. The book was just not that scary. And I guess I expected more from these real-life ghost hunters. As with Ghost Town, I felt that this was more suspenseful, rather than scary. And the "scares", such as they were, came off as predictable, rather than being scared, I was a bit disappointed. That said, I still thought it was good, but it wasn't one I just couldn't put down. Great job on the suspense-filled atmosphere and well-developed characters. And a great idea, but in terms of horror, it just wasn't quite there.
on November 20, 2012
For Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, this is their first attempt at writing fiction, and if it were just their work, I would be much more lenient in my review, but with the collaboration of Tim Waggoner, who is a seasoned horror writer, I had to hold it to a higher standard.
It's not as scary as I hoped it'd be, but it's by no means a bad book. It's very well-written, and the characterization is really good. I got to actually care about the three friends, Amber, Drew and Trevor, and what happened to them. The build-up of the mystery of what happened in their youth, and the memory they've all blocked out lends a nice chill to the story.
I also loved the fact that most of the reunion attendees have bettered themselves, not just financially, but as people. In a lot of the horror novels I read, the characters are shallow, greedy, or just plain mean. It was starting to make me think that horror writers don't have a very high opinion of humanity. But in a refreshing change here, the former bully regrets his ways. The head cheerleader became a caring veterinarian, and so on.
I am looking forward to more in this series, because I do think it has great potential, and will most likely get better and better over time.
I have just one aside: in Tim Waggoner's final acknowledgments, he thanks Jason and Grant for letting him in on the "shocking secret" behind Ghost Hunters, and swears he'll never tell.
Please, guys, at least tell me it's not that it was all faked! I have so few beliefs left in life to hang onto, and a need for ghosts is one thing that keeps me hanging on. Don't crush me.
on April 15, 2013
I *love* Ghost Hunters. I love their books about their investigations. I assumed their experience and insight would carry over into good fiction.

It's... adolescent.

Formulaic in pace, unsatisfying, even corny dialogue, and other matters of telling the story is blase and seems like it's written by a bored author. The occasional flash of real originality is rushed and non-descriptive, like a Cliff's Notes of a CGI movie scene, and doesn't bring you in or visualize it in anything but a token, unsatisfying way. It's very pedestrian, as if a technically English-proficient teenager pieced together several discarded Stephen King ideas from the 1970s, and filled in a basic novel template without missing a story-by-numbers field.

The good thing is, it makes their show more reliable, once you've seen their fiction.

The second thing is, I never want to read the word 'Ebon' again, because of its overuse.

Jason, Grant, please don't hit me. I love your show. You've more than made up for my average-day's entertainment, in advance of this book... this is the first and only low-point in your careers, brush it off :)
on January 3, 2013
The first time I learned SyFy was airing a show called Ghost Hunters, I remember being so excited. I mean, as a kid, that's what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be the next Hans Holzer. I couldn't wait to see it. And half way through it, I remember thinking, What a crock of s***! I know, I know. It's SyFy. But still... So when I saw that Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson teamed up with Tim Waggoner (author of Pandora Drive and Darkness Wakes, the only Waggoner books I've read to date), to write what promises to be a supernatural series, I groaned. Literally. I know Tim can write, but what was he thinking teaming up with these jokers? Were they doing novelizations of their "cases"? If so, I figured they would be good for a laugh. I could already hear the dialogue in my head: Did you see that?, What was that?, Did you hear that?, with nothing manifesting. If you've ever seen their show, you'll know what I'm talking about. Curiosity got the better of me, so I investigated further and read the jacket copy -- and it didn't sound bad at all. In fact, it kinda reminded me of my own teenage years when I wanted to go poking around the supposedly haunted houses in my neighborhood. So... Against my better judgement, I took the plunge and bought it.

Fifteen years ago, three friends who shared an interest in the paranormal ventured into the infamous Lowry House. What happened while they were in there was so traumatic, they were robbed not only of their memories of that night, but also huge blocks of their high school memories. But whatever happened that night runs far deeper. Amber never fully recovered. She's plagued by nightmares, keeps herself heavily medicated, and can't seem to hold down a steady job. Drew, a psychologist, entered his chosen field with an ulterior motive -- that somewhere along the way, while treating his patients, he would find the key to unlock his own lost memories. Trevor continues his pursuit of the paranormal with the hopes that a chance encounter will trigger the lock box in his mind and allow his memories to be rediscovered. That night in Lowry House, something else was lost as well, the chain that bound the three friends together. After that night, they drifted apart.

One night, a voice from their past reaches out to Amber. A fellow misfit, Greg, calls her and invites her to attend their 15 year high school reunion. She's reluctant at first, but before she can talk herself out of it, she's reaching for the phone and reconnecting with her old friends, friends she hasn't spoken to since that night.

From the moment they arrive, it's obvious that whatever entity traumatized them as teenagers isn't finished with them. Nothing overtly frightening, more like a cat playing with a mouse. Some of their memories start to filter back to them, but not nearly enough to prepare them for what's to come. Will they recover their memories in time, or will the evil of Lowry House, even though the house itself no longer stands, finish what it started 15 years ago?

One of the problems you have when dealing with a book like this is you never know just how much the known author, in this case, Waggoner, had to do with it. Did he do a majority of the writing, or did the television personalities do the writing with the author only on hand to offer suggestions and help shape things up? Without knowing the answers to these questions, I went into Ghost Trackers not expecting much, and sometimes it's best going in with minimal expectations. This way I wouldn't be disappointed if it sucked too much, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if it turned out better than expected. I'm happy to say, I was pleasantly surprised, to the point where I did not want to put it down. I usually go to bed between 3 and 4 am, and some nights (mornings?) the sun was starting to shine through my bedroom window and I was still reading. I had to force myself to put it aside so I could get a couple of hours sleep before starting work for the day.

The story flowed evenly and at a rapid pace, and I couldn't help but be swept up in the events as they unraveled, even if, at times, it felt like I was watching one of those cheesy SyFy Original Feature Films. The Biology Lab scene actually had me chuckling because I was having mental flashes of Haunted High. If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about. The characters, for the most part, are fully fleshed out, believable, and likable. The only thing that didn't sit well with me was the ending; it was a little too sentimental, almost as if the book was being targeted for a Young Adult audience. I even had an "Awwww" moment -- for the BIG BAD GHOST!! And while plausible for the novel, the ending came across as a little too contrived. Another "Awwwwwwwww" moment here.

Problematic ending aside, I enjoyed Ghost Trackers and intend to read the next in the series. If you enjoy genuinely creepy ghost stories, I would highly recommend picking up this one.
on October 19, 2017
Lots of scares in this book. Love these guys and miss their tv show.
on November 28, 2011
I tripped over this book while looking at another book. There was no promotion of this book anywhere on the Syfy, Ghosthunters or TAPS pages! I am even one of their facebook fans and nothing mentioned on there either!! I do prefer the guys' nonfiction stories, but I thought this was pretty good and creepy. This is most def. a series I would continue with..it just needs to be marketed better, so fans can actually find them!!
on December 9, 2015
Enjoy reading it. I start and I don't want to stop.
on September 29, 2011
I guess I expected more. Based on who the authors were, I expected something a little more authoritative on the paranormal side of things. The story moved along but the action was slow in the beginning and then crammed chock full in the end.
When the evil began to try to explain it's self (I'm trying not to give any plot spoilers)it got a little trite. The Good, Verses Evil. Let's hold hands and go to our happy place and sing campfire songs. "Really?" After multiple killings? I just didn't respect the end.
Short story, this is the beginning of a series and I don't think I'll be following.
on February 15, 2014
good book kept me reading. If you like their show and your into this kind of stuff the book will be a good read
on July 26, 2013
This was a really good book. I found that I couldn't put it down because I wanted to see what would happen next. I am a big fan of ghost hunters, and this book was suspenseful. Not for kids. I wish it could have been based on a real story, but then that would have scared me stiff! This really was a great read!