"Surprisingly well researched... Not only entertaining but a good resource for fans." -- The NYC Ghostbusters
"Unbelievably absurd."-- Dr. Harold Filmore
"[Incorporates] plenty of the trademark Ghostbusters snark and wit that fans have come to love."-- The Dallas-Fort Worth Ghostbusters
"For fans of both new and original Ghostbusters... Will keep you amused."-- Bristol Ghostbusters
"The jewel among [the new merchandise] hands down."-- Ghostbusters Wiki
"A good understanding of the 'science' behind ghostbusting."-- Positively Ghostbusters
From the Inside Flap
Years before they made headlines with the Ghostbusters, Erin Gilbert and Abby L. Yates published the groundbreaking study of the paranormal, Ghosts from Our Past. Once lost to history, this criminally underappreciated book is now back in print, revised and somewhat updated for the new century.
According to Gilbert and Yates, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," and whether you're a believer or a skeptic, you'll find the information you're seeking right here in this extraordinary book, including:
· The childhood experiences that inspired Erin and Abby's lifelong passion for the scientific study of the paranormal;
· The history of ghosts and other supernatural entities, the science that explains their existence, and profiles of the groundbreaking paranormal researchers who have investigated them;
· An illustrated guide to Class I through Class VII ghosts;
· Helpful sidebars like "A Ghost by Any Other Name" and "Ectoplasm Cleanup Tips";
· Updates including "The Ghostbusters' Arsenal" by Jillian Holtzmann and "Haunted History" by Patty Tolan;
· A new Ghostbusting Resources appendix, featuring the "Paranormal Quickstart Guide", "Is It a Ghost? A Handy Quiz", "A Supernatural Stakeout Journal", "The Devil's Dictionary: Paraterminology You Need to Know"; and more.
With this helpful--and hilarious--official Ghostbusters guide in hand, you'll be prepared for almost any spirit, spook, or spectre that comes your way. As for the rest, you know who to call.