Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Ghoul
  • Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on August 24, 2014
I liked this books plot, very creepy. Love the cemetery setting, and of course loved the ending! The only things I didn't enjoy: It seemed like there was a lot of writing that wasn't needed in the middle of the book (a lot of stuff that didn't mean anything about the story line, but being a brian keene fan I had to finish it, and I'm happy I did. Other unpleasant thing: The animal abuse, I had to skip that section, but that's just me.
on April 30, 2013
Hello, I think this book is just O.K. The story is about a monster, but I think the auther really was not talking about the monster in the book. Very sad book. Thanks.
on February 9, 2009
This is better than the zombie novels Keene wrote, but I was expecting it to be more on the level of Dark Hollow. The characters seem more like adults than children and I think too much filler was put in (Seriously Katie had nothing to do with the story take her out and like forty pages go with her). The gore is good, there could have been more, but what was there entertained. If your new to Keene I'd recommend trying Dark Hollow instead of this, Ghoul is too linear. The plots predictable and the moment of realization is ridiculous, though this still kept me reading. 2.5 stars.
on January 12, 2013
GIt was okay for a teen read nothing like the rising more like punkybruster horror not his best work boonies horror
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2007
I have been a big fan of Keene since reading THE RISING. While GHOUL is my least favorite, it's better than a lot on the shelves. Simply put, it's Keene's version of CUJO. Do monsters really exist? In what form? Should we fear the supernatural or one another? The relationships between the three main characters and their respective relationships with their parents are, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the book. The scenes of domestic violence are quite disturbing. As always, Keene is an awesome writer with clear, descriptive prose; unfortunately, the ending is a bit of a rush job. Still, I am looking forward to Keene's next, DEAD SEA.