Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mysteries, No. 3)
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on October 10, 2017
Ghost and more Ghosts are found in this book along with a lot of suspense. Like ghosts and suspense, this is a book for you. Stains her better judgment M J Holliday headed for San Francisco to take part in a TV show at a haunted hotel. There her team joins forces with Heath, a New Mexico Indian ghostbuster. There M J meets a demon who is powerful enough to attract both M J and Heath. The demon shows itself by a knife that badly cuts both Ghostbusters. MY and Heath agree to remove the ghosts from the hotel. Will they succeed before the demon it gets them?
on September 27, 2017
IT WAS A GOOD EXCITING STORY, AS USUAL. I LIKE THE WAY SHE WRITES. ITS EASY TO UNDERSTAND.
SHE DOESN'T USE WORDS YOU HAVE TO LOOK UP IN THE DICTIONARY.
VINE VOICEon December 8, 2009
I always pre-order all Victoria Laurie books and then carry them in my bag for months until I get up the nerve to read them... weird. I love everything she writes and this series is another winner. M.J. Holiday is psychic and runs a `ghost busting businesses with her best friend and her boyfriend. In this 3rd book she is talked into going on reality show called `Haunted Possessions' that is filmed in a haunted hotel. You know it will not be a normal trip when they show up at the hotel and someone did a swan drive out their window and ghost is standing over her body... Very good - lots of scary moments - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Check out the whole Ghost Hunter Mysteries What's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mysteries, Book 1) ,Demons Are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mysteries, Book 2) ,Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mysteries, No. 4) (due out March 2nd, 2010), Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls due out January 4th, 2011.

If you enjoy this genre of ghost mysteries I would also suggest; The Remains of the Dead (Ghost Dusters Mysteries, No. 1),The Dead Room and Spirited Away.
on January 29, 2011
I recall reading another review, prior to ordering this book, which said that the entire plotline is given away, by page 50. NOT TRUE AT ALL.

Victoria Laurie kept the suspense up, practically until the last page. Sure, some parts, of the plot, were revealled, in the middle of the book,but, then again, these are called "clues", and are designed to help keep readers attention.

For a series, of "ghost mystery" books, Ms. Laurie does enjoy some humor, as well.

To me, the book was an easy read, and enjoyable, at the same time.

The book was in "off the press" new conditon, and whole, and complete, when I received it.

Just dont be fooled by "discount" price, from some book sources. The source I ordered from listed the book price at the "bargain", of just $1.75 (I think), but, once postage, shipping, and handling, were added to this, the book cost the same as those from sellers charging $7.99, with FREE shipping and handling.

Still, in my view, well worth the price. My compliments to Ms. Laurie.
on May 18, 2015
This is a quick read, with enjoyable characters. Some of the language is dated (who uses light in the loafers?) and I'm not sure the caricature of Gil is completely spot on. I'm all for using lgbt characters, but let's move to this decade, not dated and ridiculous stereotypes from the 80s and early 90s.
That aside, I'm curious where the author will move to next. I will be continuing the journey. Hopefully everyone gets to grow along too.
on February 8, 2011
I enjoyed the books and enjoyed this one until the ending and the parts with Heath. I didn't care for the ending with MJ and Heath making eyes at eachother. I liked the character of Stephen and MJ but her openly flirting with Heath while in a relationship with Stephen completely turned me off. Also, I didn't really care for MJ seeing Heath's grandfather. MJ seeing Heath's grandfather was a cheesey forboding of things to come so the reader could pretty much see MJ hooking up with Heath. I don't really care for the television show angle. There are a ton of Ghost Hunter type television shows on and I don't watch them nor do I want to read about them. The only thing I did like about the book was the mystery and ghost itself.
on July 18, 2015
Great book. Love this series!
on December 26, 2012
I appreciate the speedy service as I rec'd the book in the mail today 12/26 after ordering it on 12/19/12!!!
on June 1, 2009
I love the way Victoria Laurie writes.She is not only entertaining but once you start reading her books you'll have a hard time to put them down.The attention to detail lets the reader feel as if they are truly there,in this case a haunted hotel.If you are looking for a book with that has that fun homey feel of a Murder,She Wrote and are into the paranormal I highly suggest you try any one of Victoria Laurie's books.
In this particular story of Ghouls Just Haunt To Have Fun, M.J. is tricked by her ghost hunting partner,Gilley to be part of show that is said to be the haunted version of Antiques Roadshow.While Gilley sees this show opportunity as free advertizing and a good excuse for a vacation to San Francisco,MJ is afraid her psychic abilities will be exploited but after Gil explains that the contracts have been(unknowingly) signed already-- M.J. has no choice but to honor them. However,like with all contracts there is a catch, the show not only takes place in a very haunted hotel,The Duke Hotel, but this is where M.J.,Gil, and Steven (MJ's love interest and financial backer to the ghost hunting business) must stay.This does not sit well with Gil at all but soon they all will learn that sleeping in a haunted hotel is the least of their problems.With some paranormal writers their stories can become predictable and/or cliche not so with Victoria Laurie she has a fresh way of looking at the story line with a twist and turn here and there. I can honestly say there is a little something for everyone in Ghouls Just Haunt To Have Fun- murder,mystery,romance,paranormal,and humor (and not necessarily in that order).
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on December 15, 2009
I have enjoyed every single book this author has written. I own all of the psychic eye series and this newer one as well. My annoyance with this book is not really over Ms. Laurie's style or ability to write - because I love those things and that's why I keep buying her books. It was in how much information was revealed on the back of the book.

First it mentions a character named Seth - but the main counterpart on this new adventure is named Heath. Second, the plot revealed on the back takes us all the way to page 150. I dislike reading a description of the book that reveals so much of the plot. I wasn't surprised when the knife was exposed as being a demon portal because the info was already out there for the world to see.

This latest installment wasn't as rewarding as the previous ones, perhaps because I knew what was going to happen based on the jacket copy.

Will it make me stop buying her books in the future? No. She spins a good tale and I'll gladly buy anything she writes.
4 helpful votes