Gia (Unrated Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
It's the Late 70's in New York - Studio 54, designer jeans, drugs and disco. One girl is living life in the fast lane. She can have any man or woman she wants. Sex, money, glamour, fame - it's all within her reach. She's a Goddess. She's A Star. Her name Is Gia.
- Aspect Ratio : 1.33:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated Unrated (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.75 x 0.53 inches; 4 Ounces
- Item model number : 91540
- Director : Michael Cristofer
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, NTSC, Subtitled
- Run time : 2 hours and 6 minutes
- Release date : January 16, 2007
- Actors : Angelina Jolie, Elizabeth Mitchell, Kylie Travis, Mercedes Ruehl, Faye Dunaway
- Subtitles: : English, Spanish, French
- Producers : Marvin Worth, James D. Brubaker, Ilene Kahn Power, Ilene Kahn, David R. Ginsburg
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), Unqualified
- Studio : HBO Studios
- ASIN : B0002KPIQY
- Writers : Jay McInerney, Michael Cristofer
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,254 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
unfortunately I understand the ins and outs of the drug world and the toughs of recovery and it's not pretty, not any of it. but it was less cared for or understood then and by the time she got some alright help it was too late. her journal entries tell the story the way her soul (and/or her subconscious, depending on what you do or don't believe) felt it happening before during and after it all. I believe if there is somewhere else, she's there, and if not, at least she's finally out of pain, and is remembered far more for who she was than what brought her down.
well like she said, there's much more for her, just not in this life.
I think the film illustrated it all beautifully, especially with the use of her journals, because she got to speak for herself, which not many people get to do once they're gone, especially if their career was a model. there was something so special about her. one of my favorite films, I've seen it a thousand times just never on Prime so I had to leave a review once I did watch it here. obviously I highly recommend.
NOT FOR KIDS. the lesson however, is.
This film showcased Jolie's talent.
Gia was a young woman from Philadelphia who had a long history of drug abuse before she broke into the New York modeling world at a time when it was dominated by Eileen Ford who wanted models that looked like her - light eyes and blonde to light brown hair with fair skin. Ford wouldn't have hired a Cyndy Crawford.
Gia was a brown-eyed brunette with a European look and became very successful for a while working for Wilhelmina.
She was openly gay at a time when people were reluctant to be out of the closet, but stereotypes about what a lesbian were a challenge.
The money she earned gave her access to all the drugs she wanted, and she became badly addicted to heroin. Her life spiraled out of control.
Top reviews from other countries
Good cast! Too!