3 Year Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Giant Squid Audio Lab Omnidirectional Microphone
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Giant Squid Audio Lab Company|
|Is Assembly Required?||false|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Rode LAVALIER Condenser Microphone, Omni
AZDEN EX503 Omni-Directional Lavaliere Microphones
Audio-Technica ATR3350 Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone (Discontinued)
Shure MVL Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone [1/8" (3.5mm)] + Windscreen, Tie-Clip, Mount and Carrying Pouch
Saramonic UwMIC9 96-Channel Digital UHF Wireless Lavalier Microphone System, Includes RX9 Portable Receiver, TX9 Bodypack Transmitter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.01||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Giant Squid Audio Lab||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Photo Savings||Amazon.com||TheToyGuy7|
The high fidelity Omnidirectional microphone capsule is in a factory assembled housing with a durable, removable alligator clip with a black finish. This mic is designed specifically for use with the “mic input” jack that provides "plug-in power" having voltage output from between 1.5 to 10 volts. The cable is 6 feet long. Please note the following for recorder compatibility. These mics and all others like it are not compatible with mixers and most cameras, smartphones and recorders that do not have "plug in power." The phantom power from mixers will fry the mic elements. The max voltage is 10 volts. Do not use XLR or 1/4 input jacks whatsoever as they provide phantom power that is more than 10 volts and will damage the mics. Also most cameras and smart phones are not compatible because they are not made for good quality audio.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Original Review: I was surprised at the quality of this mic. I bought it without a ton of research because I needed something for an interview and upcoming wedding. I paired it with the tascam DR-05 and it worked flawlessly. It has great sensitivity and produces very well-rounded sound for voice- great bass but not muddled. Highly recommend. Just keep in mind it requires plug-in power...
It's very well built, and the only possible complaint would be the windscreen may come loose. If you have any issues with the windscreen, I found these excellent replacements on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017J3R2S8
The replacement windscreens I ordered (link above) are a little tight to get on, but once they're on, they don't ever fall off.
I like the 90° 3.5mm plug. It's perfect for use with the Zoom H1 (or anything similar), because it doesn't stick out; which makes things easier.
The clip that comes with it is very sturdy. I also ordered a RØDE vampire clip, but found out that the diameter on this mic is larger than the RØDE, so keep that in mind when ordering accessories. Another reviewer commented on build quality, but I can't understand why. This is a solid mic, and I have had no problems with my first mic, which is why I ordered a second one.
Only gripe so far with this mic is that the foam windscreen falls off extremely easy. Fell off during set up of my first two interviews but was able to find it on the ground.
This morning I was walking from the parking lot into a client's business and somehow the wind screen fell off. Wasn't able to find it, now I have to order one online that hopefully fits.
- Sounds great when going into a voice recorder like the Zoom H1
- Nice and crisp while still having great low range
- No On/Off switch... I find it drains the battery by having a switch on there, plus sometimes I forget to turn it on. Big plus to not have a switch to worry about
- No battery, no need to worry about changing anything
- Cable is quite short, so don't think you're going to plug this directly into your camera 5 ft away
Not sure what this sounds like plugging directly into the camera, but I would STRONGLY suggest getting a $99 Zoom H1 to plug it into.