Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2013
This is the line that got me into slacklining. While it's nice and dynamic, the ratchet is an absolute nightmare. The ratchet will do damage to the line, snagging the edges. As time goes on, the edges will fray in areas. While you can still use it, it may reduce the dynamic ability of the line. In general, it's just sketchy. The ratchet also wears with time. 6 months in, some of my ratchet teeth are worn, and I have to be extremely careful when tensioning. With 6 months of regular use I was looking to replace it, 1) because it was worn; 2) because I wanted to set longer lines.

At that point, I picked up a Gibbon Surfline, the big brother to this one. It is at least as dynamic as the jibline, twice the length, and has a beefed-up ratchet. Literally all of the problems I experienced with the Jibline are gone with the Surfline. The ratchet is both safer, easier to use, and not destructive to the line. I snagged the edge the second time I de-tensioned my Jibline. The Surfline is pristine after de-tensioning it a dozen times. The fact that the line is longer makes it enormously more versatile. You can rig it more places, and adding length to the line drastically increases the challenge.

My verdict is this: while the Jibline is a good bit of fun, it tears up really easily. The Surfline is a much better investment in that it maintains its life longer, it is more versatile, and it gives you more room to grow. I'd recommend that one!
31 helpful votes
32 helpful votes
on April 6, 2011
I have just recently emerged into the slack line world about a year ago. My friends and i were not very good, finding it extremely difficult to even stand up on the line. We had been using truck straps from the home depot for this whole time, and realized that we needed to actually find ourselves a real genuine slack line. After some research we felt that a Gibbon slack line would be the most reputable choice, and decided to purchase the Jib line! We received it the next day (we were so excited we choose 1 day shipping) and were so excited to test it out. We were excited to find that it literally only took us about 2 minutes to set it up as apposed to about 10 minutes using a truck strap. The set-up was soooo easy! The tightness of the line was perfect, and the material used for the jib line is way better than what we were use to. We absolutely love this product. It came in the box with tons of info how to use/ set up a line and even a carrying case for it as well! I even bought i speaker for our ipod because we are out on the line about 4 hours a day. Excellent product i would recommend this product to all my friends. Even if you are new to slack lining or want to go further in the sport this is the perfect line for anyone!
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
on December 22, 2015
Pretty fun toy. Not as hard to do as you'd think, which is of course not to say that it is easy, but I do think anyone could learn. Don't find myself getting it out as often as I'd hoped or thought I would and without the right tree setup you're out of luck. I made a system in my backyard using ground anchor and wooden risers (just like the fret board of a guitar) that would have worked great except all the ground anchors pulled despite their 1000 plus pound supposed capacity. Fortunately you're local park is bound to have a couple of trees at the right distance, just make sure to get something between the line and bark (I use cardboard) so you don't murder the thing.
on February 12, 2014
I've tried out a few other slacklines, and this is by far my favorite. This is the line I learned on. It's portable and you can set it up between close trees for beginners, or trees 50ft apart once you get comfortable on it. My only problem with it is the ratchet chewed up a good chunk of my line. My advice in that regard is be sure the line lines up with the release mechanism so it won't get caught.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 9, 2016
good beginner slack line, looking into a longer one. the only thing that is bothersome is the ratchet design - it is very large compared to other slack lines i have used, and no matter how many times my friends and I set this up, we can't get it close enough to the post so that its not in the way. Its also so heavy that it twists the slack line around when it falls upside down after set up. thinking of upgrading.
on February 16, 2017
This works very well for me. I am by no means a expert slacker, but I can jump and do stuff like that. Ends up being a pretty good core workout and can be pretty dang fun!
on August 12, 2014
So far no problems. I have had this line for a while now and I love it. It is not extremely different from the gibbon original line however you can feel that you are able to get more bounce on this jibline. What I do not like, is that the box this line comes in is not the same shape as the other gibbon boxes, and it is difficult to find the proper way to wrap up the line and put it away. That was easily remedied by keeping the line in a napsack.
on February 12, 2014
This is my second gibbon line that I own! I absolutely love both of them! They are very easy to use and I've had no problems with either of the two lines that I own. I highly recommend this or any other gibbon line to those looking to buy a slack line.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on May 27, 2014
I was a little apprehensive to purchase this line at first because of peoples complaints that the ratchet was cheap and the line got worn easily. Those people must not be familiar with working ratchet truck straps because I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality. This line also feels much better on your feet than a standard truck strap. I'm happy I hope others will be as well.
on November 7, 2013
Very easy to rig and very bouncy. The non stick coating can get warn off by rigging. Probably not a big deal. I some times to two wraps on a tree to hit a different section of line.
This feels far less stable than the standard. It has a feel similar to a 1 1/2 inch line. I started with a Standard Line and had to spend time on a SlackRack 300 before I could do the Standard.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.