Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on April 1, 2012
The description says it has OpenFeint achievements, but there is no OpenFeint that I can find. Seems like this developer got the message, but Amazon didn't update their webpage.

There are achievements however: Time (level completion speed), Skull (you not dying on a level), and Capsule (which you have to go out of your way to get). To receive the gold medal for each level you need to earn all three achievements. Silver: 2 achievements. Bronze: 1.

The graphics are of a cartoon style, but that's not a bad thing--this style fits well with the game theme. And they move nicely--not at all jumpy or laggy. The controls work well too--very responsive, while at the same time not being overly sensitive. You have the choice between Tap & Shake and D-Pad (I prefer D-Pad myself).

One really really nice feature of this app is that it stores your progress in a backup file on your SD card (filename: Micronytes.dat). I played a few levels, cleared the data for the game, restarted the game, and sure enough my progress was restored. Nice--no problems when getting a new phone.

Rating this app 4 stars instead of 5, because of minor things:
1. Sometimes the control buttons don't work. You hit them and nothing happens. These controls were: Restart map & START when selecting a level.
2. The music continues to play even when you put the phone to sleep. (Not good if the boss shows up unexpectedly--just kidding, at work, I play with the sound off.)
3. There is no "Continue Game" option. You have to use the "SELECT LEVEL" screens to continue an ongoing game.

Like I said, these are minor issues, but there are enough of them to subtract 1 star. Maybe the next update will fix these issues and earn the 5th star.
on April 1, 2012
Pretty decent little platformer. Graphics have a quirky appeal and the music is great. D-pad controls for jump are in the options menu, so that "shake to jump" complaint is moot. Give the game a chance.
on April 1, 2012
I almost didn't want to get it because most of the people who did give it 5 stars sounded like jerks (sorry), but Im glad I went ahead and got it. This is a nice little game has many levels and you can change the controls to fit you and the graphics are ok. The music well for me it was ok, but if you dont like it turn down the volume ( whick if ur on kindle fire I suggest you do it before you start playing because it often turns the screen black.) I think it's a good game, but everybody is different, so...
This game is pretty good and it plays well on the Kindle Fire. The app has good graphics on the Kindle Fire and the controls work fine. I like how the obstacles keep changing and you can be attacked by different things in different levels which helps keep you on your toes to play and win as the challenges get more difficult. I have only gotten about half way through but the game is fun but perhaps a bit easy so far.

I didn't like that once I hit the Kindle Fire pause button to shut it down and it continues to play the music in that mode while the Kindle is asleep. That is a nice way to run down your battery. I believe that when you use this mode the app should also pause and stop all activity.

This app also does not have all of the nasty permissions and no OpenFeint. It just goes to show you that you don't need all the permissions to play a simple and fun game!
on April 1, 2012
Yes. The description states OpenFeint acheivements & yes, I've made it no secret my distrust for any app that has anything to do with OpenFeint. However, after I'd installed this app I was unable to locate a single shred of evidence to support OpenFeint in any way, shape, or form. If OpenFeint is being used, I don't know how it is.

The games controls (ie., slider caliberation) can be adjusted under settings in the menu for a very smooth game play experience. The colors are bright & vivid with HD cartoonish looking graphics & characters that stand out well on the screen of the Kindle Fire.

The game itself was a bit repetitive after awhile but, I was more entertained just watching the white blobby character running around. =)
on April 1, 2012
runs great on HTC evo 4g running cm7. sound is great, graphics are decent and overall decent game especially for kids. adults may find it boring after a few levels but kids would really enjoy it.
on April 1, 2012
Fun game~challenging. Have not gotten that far into it yet, but I haven't ran into any glitches so far. Have had to laugh at some of the one star reviews posted ~whatever floats your boat..
on April 1, 2012
The graphics are not the best. Also the game itself is somewhat boring. It needs to be more challenging. The controls are ok but not the greatest. the right arrow key is in a little far. I am using a Kindle Fire. Not a terrible game but could be better.
on April 1, 2012
I guess its okay if your really bored and have nothing to do. But I wouldent go out of my way to play it. It was the FAOTD so I thought I would try it. If it wasn't. free it would be a waste. Not many glitches. If your into platfomers, then try it.
on April 1, 2012
and has great quality. the only problem i've had with it is that when i go to select a level and try and hit start, it hesitates about a minute and then closes. only happened twice but not doing it anymore. other than that great game. :)