Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 19, 2011
I am very pleased with Gibson's effort to produce more affordable guitars in recent years. I have owned a Gibson Les Paul Special Faded for about five years, and it has been a very tough and decent guitar. However, without the carved top, it lacked some of the authentic Les Paul sound. I pored through tons of videos and reviews prior to buying this Studio model; making sure that I wasn't essentially buying a fancier version of the guitar I already have. For about the same price as I paid for the Special Faded, the Studio Faded went beyond my expectations. The chambered body gives the Studio Faded wonderful sustain and resonance, as well as making it a fairly light Les Paul (which are not famous for being lightweight). The Burstbucker Pro pickups are a little less hot than the 490R and 498T that come in the nonfaded Studios; giving a more vintage sound. If you are one of those who is chasing that '59 Les Paul sound on a budget, this axe is your best bet. While it may not sound identical to your favorite Jimmy Page riff or Joe Perry Solo, the tone of this guitar will easily improve your attempts. The satin faded nitro cellulose finish is really nice with the added benefits of making it both cheaper and less of a headache to keep clean. No unbecoming smudge marks will be seen, and if it is anything like my Special Faded, the guitar will relic naturally over time where you make the most contact with it; rubbing down the stain and revealing the wood. So, in essence, there is a possibility that if you play this axe hard for a few years, it will look truly vintage if your into that look. This guitar is practically a steal at $800. I've owned a handful of Fender Strats, Epiphone Les Pauls & Sgs, and no matter how cheap (or free) I have gotten a guitar for, this is by far the best value in my opinion. Give it go!
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on December 7, 2011
Wow is all I can say. I am just a sometimes player and pick up my acoustic every once in a while. I was looking at getting an Epiphone LP on one of the lightning deals and this one came up. Didn't really want to spend this much for a guitar but I have wanted a Gibson LP for 35 years. This arrived yesterday and again wow. The guitar is beautiful. Finish is great and the guitar is really comfortable. Ones I have played before were on the heavy side. I have always played acoustic because I never liked the action on the electrics because my fat fingers always got in the way. I have to say this is probably the easy playing guitar I've ever put in my hands. I purchased a Fender Frontman 212 DSP on craigslist and I kind of got lost in another world when I pluged this in yesterday. Thought I was the second coming of Peter Frampton (for those youngsters who don't know who he is look it up online). Well that was the vision I was having for about 30 seconds. Sounded outstanding.

Anyway, the only thing that comes in the box is the guitar with strings and a gig bag. Nothing else. All the reviews I read before purchasing outside of the ones on Amazon gave this guitar stellar reviews. I have to agree with them all. If you are looking to purchase a nice Gibson Les Paul that is made here in the USA at a good price then the LP Studio may be a bargain for you. This will be passed down to one of my grandkids if I can ever get them interested in playing.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on October 25, 2012
When I decided that some of the finger style music I like to play need the sustain and smoothness of an electric I was very attracted to this one. However the salesman at Guitar Center told me I wouldn't like the GLP Studio and directed me toward a Gretsch. So I came back to Amazon and worried over reviews a bit more and decided to trust my instincts. I'm really glad I decided to go ahead with this beautiful, playable instrument. My hands are big but my fingers are thin and the strings are not too close for me at all. Whats more the action makes it a joy to play either finger style or with a pick. Now I have an instrument with the sound and feel of quality and find myself putting on headphones early in the morning and late at night. It is really fun to play! If I have an issue it may be that the tuning is a little unstable when compared to my rock solid Yamaha acoustic. That could well be my inexperience and a need for help with setup by someone who knows a lot more about electrics than I do. I am not complaining though since the advent of the Talking Tuner app which is accessible to a blind guitarist means I can tweek it back in tune pretty quickly and the sounds I get from it are so truly great. It also makes a big difference to me that it is a high quality guitar made in the USA. For anyone who loves the feel and sound of an awsome guitar which draws you in and keeps you playing this is the one.
on January 23, 2012
This is an excellent instrument. It plays better than my LP 55 custom, both in action, as well as the smoothness of the finish for moving up and down the fret board.

The pick-ups leave nothing to be desired, and can be adjusted easily if you feel they do.

The worn brown satin is really a beautiful finish, and has a great natural luster. The pictures do not do it justice.

The inlayed pearl fret markers are flush and smooth, the neck is set firmly, and all the hardware is installed perfectly.

I have had only one issue with my instrument. I've had it for only 11 months, and I have to send it in for some warranty work to replace the pickup selector switch. It's a physical defect, not an electrical problem. It's covered under warranty, and I am told that I will only have to pay the shipping.

This is an excellent value, and my only complaint is the defective switch. The shipping was fast, high quality packaging, and it came with a very nice padded Gig-Bag from Gibson USA. I would make this purchase again in a heart beat.
4 helpful votes
on July 6, 2015
i had never ordered a guitar online before this one. I'm SO glad I did. I'd always been a Fender Strat guy before this, and now, I need both this guitar, and a Strat in my arselnal!!

Unfortunately, some douchebags broke into my house, and stole my 8 guitars, including this one. (!!!!). Now, I want it back, desperately. Unfortunately, Amazon is no longer carrying this model of guitar, otherwise; I would by this guitar again in a heartbeat! I miss this guitar SO MUCH!!! 😢
1 helpful vote
on December 24, 2012
4th Les Paul, this time I wanted something lighter than my standards and custom. This is a standard minus some of the finishings and without a hot paint job, but honestly I love the naked look. It has a different sound than the more expensive Pauls (different, not lesser), with slightly more sustain provided by the internal channels carved out of the body. This should not be viewed as either an Epiphone or a factory second, it is, in every regard one of the best guitars made, by one of the worlds premiere guitar manufacturers. Shipping was hassle-free (and arrived well ahead of estimate), came in a factory box, well packed within another box. Intonation was spot on, rod didn't need any adjustment, played 30 seconds out of the box with a gorgeous tone only Gibson can deliver.
on November 27, 2015
Absolutely a gorgeous guitar. The whole family enjoys playing it.
on February 20, 2011
I bought this guitar for its versatility and completeness. When it arrived I immediately ripped open the box and plugged into my Marshall JCM 2000 dsl and 1960a cab. I was blown away how it sounded right out of the box. Needless to say it does need set up by a professional but I was still impressed 100% with this product!!! AWESOME!!!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 17, 2012
Let me start this by saying I'm pretty new to the guitar (at least for this go around). Having said that, boy what a difference having an awesome guitar makes. The action, sustain, tone - basically everything - on this guitar are simply beautiful. It makes practicing and learning way, way easier than it was before I got this beauty. You can't beat the guitar you get for the price you pay for it. Simply amazing.
on December 24, 2015
Very happy...this guitar plays great,sounds great...and I've had nothing but compliments on the appearance...no issues with the order or shipping either...again I'm very happy
1 helpful vote
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.