Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

• Customer Reviews

on October 15, 2016
Purchased april 26. It worked fine until recently. So I got almost 5 months use. USB ports still work but RJ45 no longer works.
Update. I originally posted this review October 15. About a month later, November 10, I was contacted by Unitek. They wanted to make me happy. After several attempts to get the product working which failed, they promised to send me a replacement. It is now January 24. I am still waiting.
on October 11, 2013
I use this with my Microsoft Surface Pro. I didn't even have to install the drivers, they were all detected.

I have not had any issues and the copy times between 2 USB 3.0 devices is amazing.

The construction is very sturdy and it is amazingly small. From the pictures you can't really tell, but it is very compact and I just throw it in my laptop bag with the other peripherals and I never worry about it. Some accessories I have are cheap and I would worry about them, but not this one. It is rock solid.

Hope the helps.

Damon Downing
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 22, 2016
This is a slightly deceptive product because it advertises that it is useful for the MacBook Pro and the MacBook air which is exactly what I've bought it for so that I can use an ethernet cable since the new MacBook Pro only has thunderbolt connectors. However upon receiving the item it says that it is only useful as a hub and you need to insert the CD and install a driver in order to use it as an ethernet adapter. I have the new MacBook Pro and a MacBook air I haven't used a CD-ROM in literally years.

Therefore it is not useful or feasible for the modern Macbook Pro, MacBook and MacBook air family. If you're going to require drivers to be installed then you must make them available for download.

Also it's important to note that these type of Products that require a CD to be inserted are actually disaster lying in wait for your Mac book Pro. Back when I had the SuperDrive in my old MacBook Pro all of these adapters come with the tiny CD-ROMs and since the SuperDrive doesn't have a tray that you can put the CD on it'll suck the CD in an it very often will get stuck and I would have to take apart the computer and pry it out. This is not recommended for amateurs as you can damage the computer very easily.

So considering that this is only useful as a USB 3.0 hug it is absolutely not worth the price and quite frustrating that I should now have to resort to return.
on November 5, 2016
I purchased this product April, 2016 (time of writing Nov '16). The product has performed exactly as advertised. 3 stars - for that, I mean you expect products to do what they say they are going to do. Par for the course.

--- Customer Service ---
Now I was compelled to write this review because of the customer service. I use this on my MacBook Pro, which doesn't have an ethernet port and it worked flawlessly on OS X Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan. When I upgraded to Sierra... this thing stopped working. As a matter of fact the OS didn't even recognize it. So, I knew it had to be a driver issue. I went to the Unitek website (unitek-products dot com) and submitted a help request on their Contact Us page and they replied within one day. Their dev team put together a fix so fast that they gave me a link to download it before they had even post the updated driver on their website. Wow.
on February 9, 2017
The Unitek 3 Port USB 3.0 Hub With RJ45 Jack is working very well! Usb 3.0 speeds are what they should be (100 MB\s Using older 500gig laptop sata drive in sata to usb 3.0 case. Connecting my Surface pro 4 was easy. Win 10 Pro downloaded the drivers needed quickly and I was up and running. Build Quality is good, but it is very light. This could be a pro or con depending on the person. I wouldn't mind a little more weight but really not a problem.

There are no LED that light up to indicate things are working, and that would be nice but again.. Not that big of a deal. It's working, and working well. The Wire that connect the product to your device with usb 3.0 is a little stiff, and again would be a plus if it were little more flexible. For the price it's alright. I'm getting full internet speeds for the service we pay for (115Mb\s) and same with uploads (15Mb\s)

Item came in medium sized typical brown shipping box, and in it's own white professional box within that. Covered in plastic bag as it was raining that day. Instructions and a small driver cd came within white product box. I didn't need the small cd with drivers. Not sure if there were programs or not on it.

All around happy with item and seller.

Thank you.
on August 13, 2017
My laptop is one of those super thin types (Dell) that don't have an ethernet port so I needed a USB to ethernet adapter. This one had USB ports as well so this fit the need really well. Using it is super simple. Drivers are automatically installed so there's no need for additional discs or downloads to get it to work. Just plug it in, wait for Windows to detect and install default drivers. Then connect the ethernet cable and you're good to go. USB ports are equally as easy. Just plug in your USB devices and wait for Windows to detect. Super simple and easy to use.
review image
on January 19, 2015
Unitek's 3-Port Ethernet Hub Adapter is something I didn't realize I needed until PCs continued to become slimmer and smaller. I own a PC Repair business and I needed to have Ethernet accessibility for working on Ultrabooks and using my own Acer S7 outside of my home on job-sites. It's becoming common for newer PCs and Ultrabooks to drop the Ethernet port all together to opt for slimmer form factors. Well, most have USB 3.0 ports, so that's where this Unitek product comes in handy.
There are times when you need the reliability of LAN over WiFi. I occasionally use this just to access direct connections to Routers. Does this product provide just the same amount of speed as a true Intel Gigbit NIC? No. However, in most cases it is faster than the WiFi you can access. Not to mention the fact that this product is essentially Plug-N-Play. I didn't run into any driver problems, software install requirements, or recognition issues when first plugged in. It also opens up two extra USB 3.0 ports (3 in total obviously). The extra ports don't provide full USB 3.0 bandwidth and speed, but they do get the job done for mice, keyboards, flash drives and other non-essential fast electronics. Obviously it doesn't benchmark as well as a single chipset USB 3.0 port, but it's still better than USB 2.0. I highly recommend using a USB 3.0 port to plug the Unitek Adapter into; otherwise, the bottleneck will be great, or possibly not work at all.
The hub and cord aren't too big or bulky, and it's relatively easy to carry on the go. I personally always take it with my S7 to work sites, when I might not be able to access their Wi-Fi. Again, it doesn't preform to the max, but knowing how bandwidth and bottlenecking works, you can't expect it to. It also physically looks like a well made device. To this end, it is a multifaceted product that provides flexibility and ease of use. The price is also bang for your buck category.
on February 27, 2016
Ok! I have a Mac and sometimes out Wifi is sketchy! I needed to be hardwired and this worked great!

It DOES WORK perfectly! However, the 4 stars is because in the packaging there is NO info on how to use it with a Mac. Luckily I saw where another reviewer posted the link:

Took a screen shot of the site.

You will need to scroll down to the bottom to find drivers for various computers.That reviewer was also correct in writing that the photos indicate LED lights on the device turn on, but there are NO LED LIGHT that turn on...at least when plugged into a Mac. No idea in a PC. I'm guessing the same is true.

Hope this helps!
review image
on March 1, 2014
I have a MacBook Pro retina 15 (late 2013) running Mac OS 10.9, and Thinkpad Helix running Windows 8.1. Both machines have only 2 usb 3.0 ports and no ethernet. Under normal desktop use, I really prefer to minimize wireless transmission around me. So I decided to get the Uniteck USB 3.0 with 3 ports and 1 RJ45 Gigabit port. I first tested on my Mac and it worked fine after installing the included driver (need to put on USB stick first if you don't have a DVD drive). I suggest check the internet for the latest version of the driver from the manufacturer.

The ethernet adapter worked flawlessly! I get best performance possible from my broadband. For USB ports, there is one minor inconvenience, and that is I must plug in the adapter into the USB port of the Macbook first, then plugin devices such as trackball into it. If my Kensington USB trackball is plugged into the hub first, and then hub into Macbook, then the trackball will not be recognized.

I then tried it on my Thinkpad and it worked first time without installing any drivers. It worked without problesm and so I bought a second adapter so both of my machines can have wired ethernet on my desk.

Regarding the USB ports, they worked with variety of USB sticks and power exteranl CD/DVD drives, as well as Android smartphone. These ports are not meant for charging which is understandable.

All in all, I'm pleased with them as they provide both a wired ethernet port and USB slots for the modern ultrabooks.
on January 29, 2014
When I first received this adapter I was amazed by how well it seemed constructed. Very solid matte plastic and a nice brushed aluminum for the USB port area. But what it got in appearance it lost in actual use. Installing the Ethernet driver was a simple endeavor and the adapter seemed ready to go. Didn't see any LED indicator lights onto the adapter, but Windows 8 was quick to pull an IP and I was connected to the internet.

The minute I adjusted the adapter on my desk, it lost connection with the computer. Moving it around would reconnect and disconnect the adapter. It seems there was a splice in the USB cable where it met with the brick of the adapter. Via email, UNITEK customer support (in broken English) offered a 15% discount code for a replacement order off of Amazon, but I was not ready to have to spend another $25 on the same brand along with waiting for Amazon to receive and refund the original.

Just to see how weak that cable connection was to the brick, I tried to pull a bit on that section and a rainbow of bare wires came out, some already stripped and spliced. UNITEK didn't even attempt to put some form of barrier to keep them from easily getting pulled out of the brick.

So no go for me. Yours may work in the beginning, but for those who use it on laptops and tablets like the Surface Pro, I'm sure wear and tear will catch up to you in less than a month.

Unless it drops to $10, I'd recommend spending your money on another Chinese brand...