|Screen Size||14 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||2560 x 1440|
|Processor||3.8 GHz 8032|
|RAM||16 GB DDR SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||2400 MHz|
|Hard Drive||Flash Memory Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060|
|Wireless Type||802.11.b, 802.11.g, 802.11.n|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
Gigabyte Aero 14Wv7-BK4 14" Notebook QHD IPS 7th Gen Intel Kabylake i7-7700HQ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB VRAM DDR4 2400 16Gx1 RAM M.2 SATA 512GB SSD HDD Windows 10 Gaming Laptop (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Display: 14" QHD IPS 2560x1440 Wide Viewing Angle anti-glare display LCD. | Battery: 94.24Wh Huge Battery Capacity for Full-Day Productivity
- Processor: 7th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ (2.8-3.8GHz) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB (NVIDIA Optimus )
- RAM: 16GB (=16GB*1) DDR4 2400MHz Memory | Storage: 512GB M.2 SATA SSD | OS: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.Chipset Mobile Intel HM175 Express Chipset
- Keyboard: Auto-Adjusting Backlit Keyboard Individual Macro Keys | USB 3.1 Type-C | HDMI 2.0 | Exclusive Software: XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster, System Gauge, Fan Tweak, TriDef SmartCam
- Dimension: 13.19 x 9.84 x 0.78 inch | Weight: 4.19 Ibs | Warranty: 2 years global warranty | Unique Aesthetics with all aluminum robust body
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
All New Processor: Witness the Next Generation Processing Power
The AERO 15X comes with the latest 8th gen intel Core i7-8750H processor, with over 50% performance increase compared to the previous processor. Ultimate gaming, content-creation, and premium VR, all these can now truly be performed on your AERO 15X, professionals can focus creation on the go.
* Performance claim based on comparison between Intel Core i7-8750H vs Intel Core i7-7700HQ on Cinebench R15 CPU.
Slim Yet Powerful
The AERO 15X has broken boundaries and opt for the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 8GB graphics in a thin chassis, pushing limits of laptop performance. The new GPU not only delivers the ultimate performance and efficiency, but also easily provides an immersive Virtual Reality experience and smooth high resolution game play. Hardcore Gamer can now possess over the top performance on a mobile platform with crystal clear, captivating motion graphics, and jaw dropping visuals.
Explore the New World in Game with Thin Bezel
GIGABYTE AERO is all about creating more possibilities for you. This time we offer a brand new option: the FHD IPS panel with 144hz refresh rate. The higher refresh rate of 144Hz is not just for victory but it is also to provide a smooth visual sensation. With its 5mm border design and X-Rite Pantone color calibration, the new AERO 15X ensures you accurate color reproduction and viewing angle that gives you the edge.
Outstanding Battery Life
Your productivity and creativity shouldn’t be restricted by your battery life.
The AERO 15X allows you to work longer thanks to its high performance 94Wh battery plus different charging modes, including Express, Quality, and Customize, to make your AERO even more personalized.
X-Rite Pantone Color Calibration
X-Rite Pantone is known worldwide as the language of color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer. AERO 15 has teamed up with X-Rite Pantone to provide accurate colors throughout the color spectrum. Each display on the laptop is fully calibrated through a professional calibration solution from X-Rite Pantone. Gamer can now enjoy every gaming moment and take advantage of accurate color contrasts in order to distinguish between enemies from environment.
Compare with similar items
MSI GS65 Stealth THIN-051 15.6" 144Hz 7ms Ultra Thin Gaming Laptop GTX 1060 6G, i7-8750H 6 Core, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, RGB KB VR Ready, Metal, Black w/ Gold Diamond Cut, Win 10 Home 64bit
MSI GS43VR Phantom Pro-069 14" Ultra Portable Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-7700HQ GTX 1060 16GB 128GB SSD + 1TB VR Ready
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz, Windows 10) VR Ready Gaming Notebook
Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz, Windows 10) VR Ready Gaming Notebook
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M (GM501GS-XS74) 15.6” Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop, 144Hz IPS-Type G-SYNC Panel, GTX 1070 8GB, Intel Core i7-8750H (up to 3.9GHz), 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda, 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Speedy Mobile||EXCaliberPC||EXCaliberPC||EXCaliberPC|
|RAM Size||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||3.8 GHz||2.2 GHz||2.8 GHz||2.2 GHz||2.2 GHz||2.2 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||2560 x 1440||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920x1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||14 in||15.6 in||14 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||15.6 in|
|Hard-Drive Size||0 GB||256 GB||1,024 GB||512 GB||512 GB||1,000 GB|
|Item Dimensions||13.19 x 9.84 x 0.78 in||9.75 x 14.08 x 0.69 in||13.58 x 9.65 x 0.87 in||14 x 9.8 x 0.78 in||14 x 9.8 x 0.78 in||15.12 x 10.31 x 0.78 in|
|Item Weight||4.17 lbs||4.14 lbs||3.75 lbs||4.62 lbs||4.62 lbs||5.4 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11.b, 802.11.g, 802.11.n||—||Bluetooth||802.11.ac||802.11.ac||802.11.ac|
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060: THE ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE
The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series GPU features the latest Pascal architecture, breaking the limits of laptop performance. The new GPU delivers not only the ultimate performance and efficiency, but also easily provides an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience and smooth high-res gameplay. Hardcore gamers can now possess over-the-top performance on the mobile platform with crystal clear, captivating motion graphics, and jaw-dropping visuals.
7TH GEN INTEL CORE I7 PROCESSOR : HERE COMES THE NEW GENERATION OF PERFORMANCE
With the latest “Kaby Lake” architecture, the 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor outperforms its predecessor in every aspect, added with HEVC10b and VP9 decoding for outstanding 4K capabilities and extra extended mobility. Experience seamless next generation performance.
THE ULTIMATE PC GAMING PLATFORM
NVIDIA Ansel: Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots and view in 360. Compose your screenshots from any position, adjust them with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share them in 360 degrees using your mobile phone, PC, or VR headset.
HDR Ready: HDR Ready games and movies are rendered in rich, vibrant colors to deliver sharper and more realistic images.
VR Works: Discover next-generation VR performance, the lowest latency, and plug-and-play compatibility with leading headsets—driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies. VR audio, physics, and haptics let you hear and feel every moment.
HUGE BATTERY CAPACITY FOR CONTINUOUS GAMING
Portability and battery life go hand-in-hand and are both essential for mobile gamers. With a slim-line design that few gaming laptops achieve, the Aero 14 takes it a step further by also providing a large capacity battery, up to 94.24 Wh. That’s an additional 50% compared to other slim gaming laptops. The large capacity battery provides uncompromised power for running any game or resource-demanding applications on the go.
QHD IPS DISPLAY – SEE EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR GAME
The QHD 2560x1440 IPS display with great viewing angle realizes premium viewing experience plus startling color accuracy and clear images when screen sharing comes in need. The fully upgraded Aero 14 makes a great partner either for engaging gaming or immersive theatrical experiences.
UNIQUE AESTHETICS/INNOVATIVE THERMAL DESIGN
Through NIL (Nano-Imprint Lithography) the Aero has a sleek and unique design. This unique and user friendly process grants the Aero 14 a 3D look, and feel, while retaining its original solid metallic feel. The Aero 14 comes in three colors: black, green, and orange.Now Aero 14 pushes this bold innovation further with the latest gaming-level GTX 970M graphics upgrade, along with the 19.9mm, 1.89Kg Ultrabook-like chassis. Aero 14 will definitely keep reining the most powerful laptop in its class.
XSPLIT GAMECASTER + BROADCASTER - CAST YOUR GAME ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Live stream on a laptop has never been easier. Now set up your stage and share the greatest gaming moments with XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster! Fully optimized social media integration is ready for real-time chats—keeping you notified yet focused in the game. It takes just one click to stream your gameplay to Twitch. Now you can host your game like a pro! The show starts whenever you flip open your laptop.
*Free 3-month XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster Premium License.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will say however, the default installation of windows seemed very sluggish to me (lots of UI lag, probably due to the Gigabyte apps preinstalled) so I ended up doing a fresh installation of Windows and reinstalling only the apps I wanted (I kept the smart manager for fan controls; you can reinstall more apps if you wish, they can all be found on gigabyte's website). After the reinstall, Windows ran beautifully with no hiccups or UI lag.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the laptop:
The screen is amazing to look at. I do not do color accurate work so I am unsure about how much of the color spectrum this covers but I can say, even compared to the 2016 MacBook Pro this looks good. The battery (as I stated above) lasts about 8 hours when not gaming or doing intensive tasks. The system noise (which I was most worried about, esp after hearing how loud the Razer Blade can get) is very manageable. When not gaming, the computer is almost silent; furthermore, the fan curve can be adjusted using the smart manager, so you can have a silent machine if you choose the "quiet" preset, though you need to remember to change it to "normal" or "gaming" when doing intensive work or it will throttle your cpu/gpu. When gaming, the fans get loud but nothing annoying or high pitched; furthermore, the system does not overheat and stays pretty cool near the palmrests. It was about what I expected with a laptop this thin. The performance for day to day tasks is very snappy (after the windows reinstall); 4K videos play flawlessly with the new Kaby Lake processors, though I do want to point out that chrome sometimes causes youtube videos to crash (edge and firefox do not have this issue; I've had this same issue with my desktop so I think its a chrome thing and not this laptop). The backlighting is to be expected at this price point and gigabyte handles this very well, there are two stages of brightness and the entire key is backlit (including the secondary functions). I know some people care about RGB lighting, esp on a gaming laptop, but I prefer the clean white look (in fact, I had a razer blackwidow chroma before this and I ended up setting the lights to just white after a while). The macro keys are an amazing addition, and I love that gigabyte was able to fit it into a 14in form factor. I use them for dedicated media keys and also for windows shortcuts. The touchpad is a sore point for me since I really wish it had windows precision drivers. The surface is very nice and tracking is smooth but the elan drivers lack the windows gestures. I ended up getting a mouse with programmable buttons and setting those to the windows gestures.
Overall, this was a wonderful buy. I think it is priced very fairly for the performance (esp given the fact that the MacBook 15 in costs almost a 1000 more for much less performance). For anyone struggling between the Blade and this, I would definitely recommend this, since I have heard that the blade has overheating issues. Loving this laptop and plan to use it for at least 3-4 more years!
- Absolutely stellar for a GTX 1060. Top marks in 3DMark, and plays the latest titles at 1440p with maxed or mostly maxed settings. I've been testing with Deus Ex: Mankind divided lately and get a solid 35fps on High with Temporal AA. It's a very challenging game to run, and this laptop handles it well. Other and older titles keep an easy 60 FPS maxed out. It will even handle some games in 4k on my external monitor.
- GPU mining for altcoins has pretty great performance, matching or besting a dual Xeon E5-2620 v3 @ 2.4Ghz setup mining the same coin.
- Excellent for GPU, good for CPU.
- Temps mostly stay in the 50's on idle to 60's and low 70's gaming.
- See stress test screenshots. CPU only test hit 79C and didn't max out fans. GPU only test hit 68C, pretty quietly. When running CPU and GPU full out together though, temps skyrocket into the 90's, but absolutely no throttling is observed.
- Pretty darn good for a thin and light. If you're running full tilt on CPU and GPU, it gets loud to keep temps in the low 90's, but this is a very unrealistic scenario. During high-end gaming, fan noise is noticeable, but I don't find it uncomfortably loud. Normal web and video use, fan noise is typically nonexistent, and when set to quiet mode, the system turns fans off for passive cooling.
Hot damn. It took a bit of tweaking windows power settings and nVidia power management, but it can game for 4+ hours on some titles. Setting windows to Power Saver, limiting CPU frequency to 1.2 Ghz, enabling quiet cooling mode, and setting nVidia to prefer optimal power management let me play Deus Ex: Human Revolution for a good 4.5hrs on battery when the house power went out a while back. Gaming with these settings uses just marginally more battery than idling, and I think I could have gotten ~6hrs out of it if I was just web browsing. Even with throttling the system that far back left me impressed with how well it handles all tasks. No lag in loading games, playing videos, etc...
Beautiful screen. I've seen richer colors on a few other laptops, but this is still at the top of the list. Good response times, no visible ghosting. 1440p fits the size and the power of the laptop well. DPI is high enough to be smooth, but no so high as to require scaling as long as you have good eyes. I actually run it at 125% in windows and find it comfortable and still sharp. Black levels are great, brightness and contrast is consistent across the screen. One of the best screens I've had experience with.
- I love the white indicator lights at the front-right. They're crisp and clean, but not distracting or overly bright.
- I really like the understated design of the laptop. No flashy glowing logs on the back of the screen or an over-the-top RGB keyboard or highlighted WASD keys. It's absolutely a gamer's laptop, but it's not trying to market itself to "gamers" with "gamer styling".
Things I don't like:
- The touchpad. It's hard and squishy. Clicking takes a lot of pressure and there's not a solid tactile response to let you know you've clicked. Tracking is fine, but not the highest precision I've used. I typically dislike tap to click, but have gotten used it it because the physical click is so weak and dissatisfying.
- MiniDisplay Port can't seem to do 4K? Maybe it's the cable I have, but I've had to use HDMI to display 4K on my external monitor.
- Keyboard is kind of compact, but it's a 14" laptop, can't really complain. Feels nice enough to type on, but takes a bit of excessive key press force by my preferences.
- Software. The base windows installation had some Administrator Rights issues where my admin account didn't have access to a number of directories like Program Files. Reset windows (from windows, not the gigabyte factory reset) and was good to go. Gigabyte software scales incorrectly, see screenshots.
Most recent customer reviews
The configuration is good but the quality not that much.Read more
Fast, quiet, powerful, light, excellent battery life, great keyboard, amazing screen.Read more