|Max Screen Resolution||2560 x 1600|
|RAM||32 GB DDR3 2000;DDR3 1066;DDR3 1333;DDR3 1600|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Northbridge AMD 970 & Southbridge SB950|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||32 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CPU: AMD AM3+ FX/Phenom II/Athlon II processor. Chipset: North Bridge: AMD 970. South Bridge: AMD SB950.
- Memory: 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory. Dual channel memory architecture. Support for DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules.
- Audio: Realtek HD audio codec. High Definition Audio. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel. Support for S/PDIF Out. LAN: Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4. 3 x PCI Express x1 slots. 2 x PCI slots. Support for AMD CrossFireX technology.
- Storage Interface: 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 6Gb/s devices. Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, and JBOD.
- USB: South Bridge: Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports. Etron EJ168 chip: Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
- Internal I/O Connectors: 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector/1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector/6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors/1 x CPU fan header/2 x system fan headers/1 x power fan header/1 x front panel header/1 x front panel audio header/1 x S/PDIF Out header/3 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers/1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- Back Panel Connectors: 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports. 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports. 1 x RJ-45 port. 3 x audio jacks
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Installing the updated drivers was almost uneventful; the Realtek HD sound driver remained problematic, but the system runs fine.
I ran Performance Test this afternoon and determined I had a nominal 40% improvement in performance. I'm satisfied.
Also the DDR3 RAM defaults to 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz as the ram stated it can run. Manually setting the frequency multiplier and adjusting the timings from the SPD tables in CPU-Z fixes this. However, the performance seems the same as the DDR2 I upgraded from. I'm just glad to have the ram working properly again, and now its been upgraded with what should last for at 5 years, perhaps longer.
If I learned anything from my two home PC builds it is, be careful when overclocking your processor. I think my old boards memory problems were caused by overclocking the Phenom II X2 550B.E. but more so by using the manual setting for the ram speed with two sets of "not quite the same" ram. By this I mean they had different timings. Each set used to run at 800mhz but only when one set was in it, in dual channel. However when all four strips were installed the memory speed would only run at 667mhz not 800mhz like it was supposed to.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This motherboard has lasted years of abuse and finally, after doing what it says it does perfectly, it died a few days ago. Read morePublished 14 months ago by sheila robinson
Put a 6-core AMD FX on this and is working at very good performance for a year now. I use this to work and am very happy.Published 16 months ago by Camilo
I've been using gigabyte since the athlon xp days, and this board is the most trouble I have ever had.Published on June 8, 2014 by Donald Cober
It surprised me that this motherboard is missing the 20pin USB3 socket that is used to connect the front USB3 ports on the case.
Apart from that this is a great motherboard.
The item got to me in very good time, but it didnt work. I usually get gigbyte equipment, but it didnt pan out this time.Published on March 19, 2014 by Kyle Sharp