Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on March 26, 2010
This is my personal favourite of the G&S operettas, I have seen it performed multiple times and have loved the new adaptations as well and the original D'oyly Carte version. I have to say that there are so many different versions of the original score that I have had to scout around to find the one that I like the best and this is it.
on October 17, 2016
as great as I expected
on February 25, 2016
glad to have this in my collection again.
on February 29, 2000
though the music on this CD is quite good, I found that the recording lacked the dialog of the play. This seems odd given that the other D'Oyly Carte recordings include them. The fact that this is not mentioned in any of the blurbs at amazon nor even on the label itself leaves me curious and not a little annoyed, as the dialog is as important to the operetta as the musical numbers.
on November 8, 2014