- 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
- Drawstring closure
- Machine Wash
- 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
When it comes to warm and cozy cool-weather wear, the Gildan Heavy Blend hooded sweatshirt is always the perfect call. Offering the weighty pullover feel of 8.0 oz. per sq. yd., it offers the kind of grab- and-go comfort you’ll want on a chilly afternoon or a crisp evening. Made from a 50% cotton / 50% polyester blend, it’s the one hoodie every wardrobe deserves.
Gildan is one of the world's largest vertically integrated manufacturers of apparel and socks. Gildan uses cotton grown in the USA, which represents the best combination of quality and value for Gildan cotton and cotton blended products. Since 2009, Gildan has proudly displayed the cotton USA mark, licensed by cotton council international, on consumer's product packaging and shipping materials. Gildan environmental program accomplishes two core objectives: reduce our environmental impact and preserve the natural Resources being used in our manufacturing process. At all operating levels, Gildan is aware of the fact that we operate as a part of a greater unit: the environment in which we live and work.
- Package Dimensions : 11.3 x 10.3 x 3.8 inches; 1 Pounds
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : August 5, 2020
- ASIN : B08GFM7T74
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is not a heavy item - the fabric is extremely thin. This is not a soft "fleece" item - the material is very coarse and on the verge of being itchy. I feel like the picture on the product page has a Snapchat filter on it to make it look shiny, smooth, and soft. This material at a glance is more what I would expect from a lightweight horse blanket.
I got a Large and the fit was ok, but the sleeves are short. I am 6'2 and weigh 180. I have a hard time finding long sleeve items where the sleeves are actually long enough. If you are the same, then you won't find it here either. I don't like having to order up sizes and wear something that makes me look like a flying squirrel just to have sleeves long enough.
If you are looking for a standard low-quality hoodie then this is fine. But if you are looking for something heavy, high-quality, or soft...then look elsewhere. I took away one star for each of those criteria because they were all false.
I’m 5’3 and the L looks like this. I wanted the LX for an oversized look, but it wasn’t available att.
But the cyan one seems like it is made of a different material or maybe the dye did something, I don't know, but it's fallen apart on me. I don't workout in these types of hoodies. I wear them to school. My backpack rubs on the back of them, and all of my other sweaters are fine, as well as the navy one and the green one, but this cyan one now looks super beat up from the back. It looks like I've had this sweater for years lol I'm kind of upset that it hasn't lasted even a month.
And now I feel bad returning it because the back does look worn out, but I can't keep wearing it because it makes me look like someone who doesn't take care of his clothes. :/ like I said, I am very upset.
If some of their hoodies are good but every now and then some are bad, in my case 1/3, then that just doesn't work and I recommend you buy from someone else since $14 to wear twice is too expensive. It's possible the real number is more like 1/100 but I only bought three.
Like I said, the navy and the green are great! So roll the dice on those ones I guess, but the cyan simply did not work out and I recommend against it.
Top reviews from other countries
Comments about this Gildan hoodie:
- I really like this fit (pre-wash)
- Hanes is a baggier fit, length is about the same on both hoodies
- not a heavy hoodie, but not thin either. Inner lining is comfortable and doesn't seem to pill off onto other clothing
- the holes that the drawstring comes out of by the hood are not backed by any plastic or metal, just holes in the fabric
- I haven't washed either hoodie yet (3-5 wears each)
What I like more about the Gildan:
- fits me better (not as baggy as Hanes)
- elastic cuffs at the end of arm sleeves and at the waist are tighter than the Hanes, helps with fit (big difference maker for me - just seems more quality for a $15 hoodie)
- stitching and construction around the sleeves and hood seems *slightly* better than the Hanes, may hold up better in the long run?
- great cheap hoodie option at $15 CAD (be realistic with your expectations when you order a <$20 clothing item from Gildan/Hanes
What I like more about the Hanes:
- drawstring eyelets are reinforced by plastic (coated silver) rings so if you knot your hoodie string they won't slip inside the hood
- inner pilling is MAD comfortable (Gildan is comfy, but not this Huggables-type of soft, but this Hanes material will pill more onto your layer underneath)