Top positive review
206 people found this helpful
Legitimate Fusion razors: 4/5 only because they mistakenly call them Fusion 'ProGlide' in the headline. they are NOT ProGlide!
on July 1, 2016
Hi, i hope my research and experience convinces you that these are legit:
- i am a long time dedicated Gillette Fusion user since it came out, and before that, i was dedicated to the Mach 3.
- i searched for an alternative due to the cost ( in NYC, i have paid up to $20 for a 4 pack). However, i do not believe there is a comparable razor on the market. I recently tried Harry's which i found to be half as good. the blades are too close, hair gets stuck, and needs continuous rinsing resulting in a slow and inferior shave. this is probably why they try to brand shaving as 'fun'. For me , i want to shave in under 60 seconds and be done with it. Nothing comes close to Fusion in terms of speed and quality of shave . Personally, I have learned to live with the exorbitant cost. That said, i have been trying to get them cheaper.
- I read many reviews and was hesitant because some say they received fake razors. There are actually 3 subsets of negative reviews: 1) fakes 2) lesser quality than store and 3) believed they were 'ProGlide' (more than 50%). I will address all 3.
On #1, I do believe those reviews, however there are very few of them. i attribute these probably to issues with the seller and most of them are older reviews.
On #2, I have bought these razors in the store probably for 10 years and have had similar experiences (on rare occasions) to the negative reviews like "do not last as long", "strip faded quickly".. i think these are issues of quality control from Gillette and not specific to where or how you buy them.
On #3, its a bit confusing because the Amazon headline says 'ProGlide' and in the picture the box flap says 'ProGlide'. However, if you read carefully, the box flap is only an advertisement to 'upgrade' to ProGlide - It does NOT imply that the razors included are 'ProGlide'. i know, its confusing and this is why i give 4 stars and not 5.
- I paid $35.06. A bargain to store retail. but check them on Jet.com for $36.79 and Walgreens.com for $42.29. So, my point is that this is not a 'too good to be true' price that would make me question the authenticity.
- I called P&G at 1-800-Gillette. the rep came to this exact page while i was on the phone. He was not allowed to confirm or deny they were real, and said i needed to call Amazon. but he did say they looked legitimate from the pictures and packaging. This tells me that Gillette does produce and sell 12-packs in this type of packaging.
My experience with the product: I opened the box and immediately believed the packaging and razors to be real. They shave just like the ones i have always bought and i will buy again from here.