Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 3, 2011
Dr. Oz show says to use a single-blade razor to avoid ingrown hairs. Personally, I'm sticking with this 5-blader. It works really well and I find I don't cut myself much at all. I also like the moisturizer around the blades, but you do still need to use shaving cream.

One bad thing about the moisturizer is that it makes it harder to travel with it. The moisturizer strip gets gooey and messy unless you've let it COMPLETELY dry. I end up keeping it in it's own zip lock baggy while I"m traveling to avoid getting all my toiletries gummed up.
on December 3, 2012
I've used Venus for years. I don't know that I feel the various different versions are that much different from each other, but it is a great razor no matter what. I have two daughters, 14 and 11. They both use this razor as well. When my 14 year old lost hers at a friends, she told me she "had" to have a new one in her Christmas stocking. She literally said "they don't tear up my legs and they stay smooth forver after I shave." She may be one of the pickiest children on the planet, so this is quite a statement coming from her. I am actually purchasing this right now for her stocking.

For me, I am an Italian-Irish mix...aka white, white sking with black, black leg hair - not a good mix! I take my hair removal very seriously. This razor does the trick. It shaves very close, so even in the dead of winter, when my legs are glowing they are so white, you can't see any stubs from the hair. I also have very sensitive skin and this razor does not irritate it in the slightest.

I highly recommend this razor. Excellent purchase. My only complaint is the price of the refills, but that is the case with all of the brands.
Top Contributor: Campingon October 17, 2015
This is the only razor my wife will use on her legs. She's 6' tall and all legs so getting through one shave session without a knick or cut is amazing. Sometimes she can even use these twice. I can still use them on my face when shes done them since they're super sharp still. It's just the curves of womens legs with the soft skin, vs the hard skin and straight angles of my face. All in all a great razor. (However I still prefer to use a straight razor on my face)
on August 21, 2013
I bought these because there was a 50% off coupon on amazon for them so I said "why not?". I typically like the mens proglide razors and I feel they give me a much closer shave. I do like the 5 blades but I cant say whether or not they actually left my legs smoother longer. The shave was pretty smooth and I didn't have any nicks or cuts (despite shaving with just conditioner in a hotel shower). If there's ever a coupon again, I'd probably buy these again but they're not my favorite - I think it's the shape of the area surrounding the blade that just seems unnecessary to me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 19, 2013
This was decent. It is definitely better than cheap disposable razors, but my sister complained that these could have been sharper. She got 2 cuts while shaving her armpits, BOTH which resulted in a gnarly infection. She's not dirty, and she's never gotten an infection from shaving before, so it was strange that it occurred right after switching razors. I ended up buying her a Gillette Fusion Pro Glide razor. It's the one I use and personally I'd recommend spending the extra money from the start. Anyways, this razor was overall pretty good.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2013
I love this razor! I have not nicked my skin since I have been using it, and I normally nick myself at least once if not many many times when I shave! so I will stick with this one! it comes with another cartridge as well, but each last a long time, longer than most last! so that is a plus! and you can buy replacements or just buy a new one of these, either or, these and the replacements are on subscribe and save, so whichever works for you!
I highly recommend this to everyone! I love it, and it has worked great for me, and it leaves my skin smoother than any other that I have ever tried, and I have tried them all!
on February 27, 2013
I have a terrible habit of cutting myself while shaving. I cannot tell you how many times I've nicked the back of my angles (and if you've ever done that then you know how painful that can be). I bought this one because I was told by many friends that five blades ensure a closer shave and less chance of cutting.

Now it's the only brand I use. I get a closer shave that lasts longer than other razors I've used. I rarely ever cut myself anymore. The moisture ribbon is a good addition because it aids in providing a smooth shave that is free from cuts.
on May 22, 2013
after reading the reviews, I still want to give it a try. I usually use Schick Intuition Plus, which has a soap around the blade. The first time using Gillette is okay, but for private areas, it can't handle the job. And I actually got small scratches and bled a little bit by using it. For the legs, it is okay. But again, every blades can handle legs. I am more expecting it to play a role elsewhere. So I switch back to Schick, not ideal because of the soap sometimes makes my skin hurt a little bit. But for the price and durability, I definitely will choose Schick over this.
on April 8, 2017
Awesome. I only use this razor.
on April 8, 2015
I have been using gillette venus for over 10 years. I have tried others but I have given up as there is nothing better. When you use this razor be careful the first time you use it. Take it slow after that your good. I never nick my legs anymore and it gives a nice close shave.