- File Size: 2519 KB
- Print Length: 208 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0995073619
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Val Tobin; 1 edition (May 20, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 20, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01ETVIYUS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,356,347 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Gillian's Island Kindle Edition
|Length: 208 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story centers on Gillian who is forced to sell the island resort she bought with her now ex-husband. As hard as it is for her to sell the resort, it is made complicated by her sudden love interest in the new owner. This situation is further complicated by the locals not appreciating the fact that the whole shebang was sold to an American.
Although there are bunches of reasons to go out and read this book, I have three great reasons which I’ll bring to the forefront of this review.
1) Val is a brilliant writer in her composition of the story line. The sub-plots of the story are handled amazingly well and seemingly with ease. At the point that the main character, Daylin, is being targeted by someone who wants to do him harm, you realize that you have this wonderful suspect list which is so well balanced that you have to keep reading to figure out who actually is the killer.
2) Val does a great job of character development. The acid test for me, on any book, is if I really feel the pain when the main character gets hurt. I connected with both Gillian and Daylin and that is the mark of a true artist when I can feel that level of emotion towards fictional characters.
3) I am not sure I would put this into a romance, thriller, mystery, or another category. It is just a well-constructed great read. The story keeps you moving along. Sometimes I just want a good story to sink my teeth into and Val has hit the ball out of the park with this one. You just have to read it!
Again, this goes on Bryan’s list of must reads. I am thrilled to make this recommendation.
When it starts off, you wonder if there is going to be a cliched romance or a love triangle, but as the book progresses this idea is quickly forgotten. This is a rollercoaster of love, anxiety, betrayal, fear - the full range of emotions with unpredictable twists and turns in the plot that keep you gripped right to the very last page.
The writing is excellent. Tobin not only spins a good tale, but also brings her characters skillfully to life with realistic dialogues and inner monologues. The little community with its intrigues and gossip seems very real and immediate.
I thoroughly recommend this novel - it's not a standard romance and it will suprise you.
A clever blend of romance, intrigue, and suspense keeps the pages turning as the reader is sucked deeper into this story.
A will they, won’t they? relationship arises from a tense opening, but it paves the way for a plot with enough twists and turns to hold the interest. The pace is slowed occasionally, but only to allow a deep breath, before the plot becomes deeper and races off again.
The romantic interludes are treated with a deft hand, and the various relationships throw up red herrings like a fisherman in a fit.
Having read Val Tobin’s action sequences in other books I was confident in the choreography, imagery, and timing. Here we have an author who paints a scene clearly and leaves hints in the periphery. She knows precisely when to cut away to other ongoing activity.
Whether romance, suspense, or mystery is your bag, this story will provide a rush. I’m left with a sense that the characters will live on in my memory for a while. Highly recommended.
Most recent customer reviews
The story starts off as a normal man meets woman romance, but the storyline soon turns into one filled with suspense, betrayal, and...Read more