Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2016
Well, a few days after I am no longer within the 30-day return window, I discover that the hose has bubbled up sporadically without warning, like a snake that's swallowed a bird's egg or something. I don't know if I'm not supposed to leave it outside or something, but I guess I would have expected a garden hose to be able to withstand some sunshine. It still functions about the same, but I am concerned about the long-term durability of a hose that's already misshapen after less than a month of light use. (Seriously, we only use it for about 3 minutes every few days. Then we turn it off and coil it up in the corner next to the house).

If I'm missing something, please enlighten me. Otherwise, color me disappointed.
review imagereview image
11/22/2017 UPDATE: Unfortunately one of the hoses kind of melted, not long after I wrote my review. Summers are quite warm here but surely not enough to melt a garden hose? Talk about a kink. Water still gets through if the pressure is high enough, but now I'm afraid of a blowout.

Luckily they do have a lifetime guarantee, so I'll pursue that and update again afterwards.

===========================================================================

I've had a couple of big green Flexogens in my yard for about 12-15 years now, and when I say 'in the yard' I mean that's where they stay all year long, rain or shine (though it rarely freezes). I don't take very good care of them, to be honest. They've sat out in scorching sun for days on end and get dragged around. I'm not proud of it, just reporting the facts. I recently replaced the fittings on one, but the hoses are still amazingly kink and problem free.

I love it when I can praise a product. Gilmour has been hit or miss with me, but their flagship Flexogens have proven themselves tough. I didn't even consider another brand when shopping for a lighter-duty one that I could use watering plants in the back. An expandable hose was out of the question - expensive, and would last under a year if I was lucky. You know how I feel about babying yard products.

When it arrived I never thought I'd say this, but that's one good looking hose. I couldn't wait to hook it up. It's been in almost daily use for one year this month with no issues.

I'm at a loss to explain the reviews showing a ballooned hose, as I had never experienced that, but my eyes can see the pictures. Something like this happens when manufacturing moves offshore, but Flexogens are still made in Missouri, USA. The only thing I did differently is not keeping them pressurized because even I won't go that far. It's a puzzle, but they do have a lifetime warranty and accept photos from their website.
review imagereview image
on July 17, 2017
This hose is light in weight. But, it feels strong and well made. I have used it several times and it has never kinked. The couplings (metal parts), are very well made. If you need a hose that will handle a large volume of water, you'd best get a 5/8 inch hose, or even a 3/4 inch. This 1/2 inch hose is easier to handle than those thicker hoses. But, it can't handle as much water as a thicker hose. Also, this 75 foot hose is pretty long. If you have a small yard with a faucet nearby, a 50 foot hose will probably work just fine.
on September 5, 2013
hello,
well, we will all learn that sometimes the latest lightweight product like the curly hoses just do not last very long. the gilmour name has been associated with quality garden hoses for years and we still have one in our yard. but, we needed to try one of those curly hoses for convenience. it took three punctures from cracks in the thin wall curly hose to get us to go back to a light weight 1/2 inch hose for our yard watering needs. the gilmour has super quality metal ends and if there happens to be a leak sometime down the line, everyone sells hose repair kits. have you ever tried to find a hose repair kit for a curly hose? (shoe goo and sealing tape did the job until the next leak popped up) this gilmour hose is lightweight and there is no need for a massive 5/8 or larger hose for our yard watering needs. now this hose is quality and there was the super fast delivery, too.
on May 21, 2016
I like this hose more than I thought. Being a little smaller diameter it's very light compared to the heavy hose I had last time. This also makes it easy for my 5 year old daughter to handle it. My old hose loss flexibility over time becoming very stiff. This is so flexible and lightweight in comparison.
on December 15, 2016
This hose is well made and worth the money. I purchased 2 cheaper hoses prior to this one and wanted to return both of them to the person who made them and kick them in the butt for selling me crap. This hose rocks. So much so I will be sending a card to the manufacturer to thank them. Just kidding. Of course, but yeah. It works great, the end connections are well made and water flows nicely. I like water to flow vs not, so buy it. You'll like it
on July 23, 2016
I only got this a few days ago, but so far it has exceeded my expectations. I was skeptical of the no-kink claim as it comes very tightly rolled up, but when I unrolled it, it rolled out very smoothly without a single kink I had to try and stretch out before using the hose (my cats really loved the heavy duty ties as well. Two for one product, a hose to water my lawn and kitty toys. LOL).

The price was great too.

The only thing I'm bummed about is Gilmour doesn't make anything shorter than a 25 foot hose and I need a 6 foot leader hose in order to hook two sprinklers to the same hose.

Ah well, hopefully I'll be as successful with that purchase as I was with this one.

I'll update this review if I find any other information as I use the hose.
on September 2, 2014
Fist time I used it had to stop pulling out to go undo kinks - three times. After I have put it up with large loops it is down to two. It is fairly light weight so 75' is not too hard to handle. I am back to a "standard" hose after going through many of the new collapsible ones. Just can't afford them. From the very cheap to the very expensive a season of watering, perhaps once a week, cost over $200 in hoses, in a climate where watering is only a four month season., Even though some were still under warranty by the time you jump through the hoops and pay shipping there is really no warranty even with the ones I paid over $50 each. So I am sure the Gilmour will give me may seasons of unkinking. In the world of standard hoses perhaps this one deserves more stars - certainly is better than the shrinking ones, at least till they get them right - Solid brass fittings does not mean a thing if it splits in the middle!
This is an "ok" hose but this is not what I would call super duty. The material is soft and plastic like, not rubber material like my real super heavy duty hose. If you get this hose please remember it is a 1/2 inch hose. Even though it's circumference is a bit smaller than standard size hoses it still has the same universal attachments for your nozzle or sprinkler.
on August 14, 2017
Best hose I found at this price point. Better quality than I expected, nozzles and the hose itself seem to be built well. Nozzles screw in smoothly to the water faucet and any attachment I've used. I've used it over a dozen times, and it seems like it's brand new still. I use this only for washing cars and other relatively light work, so that's what my review is based on.