Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Top Contributor: Photographyon September 30, 2014
I have purchased The Ginger People's Original Ginger Chews locally at a specialty food store and they were great. These ones being sold on Amazon are different and not nearly as good. The Original are softer and more flavorful and the portion size is larger and they are packaged in a double wrapping of paper.

The ones sold here are harder in composition and packaged in a foil seal that is designed for maximum shelf life. Same company and same name but not the same product. Most unfortunate.

The UPC for the good version of these Ginger Chews is 734027905481 that shows the product as being made for Royal Pacific Foods.
16 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 19, 2015
Many years ago I tried a ginger chew and loved it but I never remembered the brand. While I doubt that these were the ones that I had originally, they were just what I wanted.

They start off hard with a mildly sweet ginger taste. I tend to suck on it for a few minutes, lightly chewing to soften it a bit. Within minutes it transforms into a chewy sweet yet spicy ginger candy that I remember loving so much the first time I ever tried one.

What I really love is that it's not just a candy but is helpful when it comes to indigestion/over eating and mild nausea. I find it works as well as a cup of ginger tea which isn't always available when you're on the go, so I always have two in my pocket.

If you're looking for a easy way to ease stomach discomfort or simply a tasty treat I highly recommend Gin Gins! Thanks guys!
One person found this helpful
on June 19, 2018
The texture is pretty chewy, I just let it melt in my mouth since it would get stuck to my teeth. The ginger taste is strong so if you're searching for the ginger effect without the spicy ginger bite, this isn't it. I like that it does have a bit of heat, a bit weak for me but it doesn't give that ginger burn when you eat too much. I usually eat this after a large meal and I feel a bit nauseated, it helps it go away.
on July 22, 2016
These really have a kick! They're tasty though. I read a review on another ginger candy that said these Gin Gins were more mild, therefore I thought I'd try these first. I'm so glad I didn't purchase the others. Whew! I couldn't have stood the zing of the spicy ginger I don't think! My toddler and I both struggle with carsickness and I'd hoped I could give him little pieces of this chewy candy in addition to our wrist bands and dramamine for our upcoming drive to the beach. But, no. Definitely too much for his little mouth to handle.
on March 13, 2018
It's okay. Helps with tummy troubles. Didn't really like the wrappers. Would have like a type of wrapping that would allow you to rewrap what you don't chew as I don't eat one entire piece in a sitting.
on January 4, 2017
Love these ginger chews. Great tasty way to soothe an upset stomach. Only complaint is tha they are sooooo difficult to remove from the individual packaging. Hope the Ginger People take note and improve this.
One person found this helpful
on January 24, 2018
I used this to ease my itchy throat during a bout of cough. Turns out, it’s also good for when I feel nauseous during a long, bumpy international fight, or when I need to keep awake while driving.
on August 14, 2016
I'm use to eating candied ginger for my belly problems but these ginger chews are so authentic..you are eating the real thing and the price is not bad.. but I'm definitely going to buy this product again.. I wish I had bought another bag...that's my only regret..
on May 11, 2015
Gin Gins are the BEST!!! I have digestive issues and can eat these and feel better immediately!!! They're a great little sweet pick-me-up when you just feel like you want something. Buy a big bag because they go very fast! I've shared with friends and they can't get enough!! If you love ginger, you will absolutely love these!!!
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2015
As a fan of ginger beers, ginger ales, ginger drops, and ginger chews (but NOT ginger bread or boys), I have no trouble awarding Gin-Gins a "high-five.". It's clearly the "best of breed" for the following reasons: 1. individual wrappers prevent drying-out of the candy yet are quick and easy to tear apart; 2. each candy is sprinkled with a light, powdered sugar to prevent sticking of the candy to the paper wrapper; 3. the individual candies are not so small that 2-3 pieces are unsatisfying nor so big that a single piece needs to be trimmed to a mouth-sized morsel; 4. the texture is as close to perfection as it gets--chewy (satisfying that oral instinct) without being sticky; rubbery but yielding to the mouth's digestive juices prior to being perceived as a foreign invader.

Finally, the most important feature deserving commendation--taste. The ginger is plenty spicy and "hot" but not so much that it neutralizes or, in effect, burns away, the taste buds for the next half-minute (a complaint I have against extreme hot pepper sauces like Mclhenny's Tobasco Sauce). Ginger should never be so hot that eating it becomes the heroic act of a masochist. I can't buy the notion that the therapeutic benefits attributed to ginger increase with the displeasure, or even pain, of eating it. Gin Gins have an agreeable but temporary "burn" that disappears in time for the taste of ginger to emerge as a clear winner.

In short, upper-scale ginger candy for the discerning palate.

The only reservation one might have about Gin Gins might be their relatively high expense. But the individual who can limit his intake to no more than several per day will be generously repaid by a superior product. (Should they exhaust the budget too quickly, give JuJu Fruit candy a try--seriously. At best, you'll stay within budget; at worst, you'll set yourself up for renewed pleasure with your next order of ginger.)
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.