Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Library Binding|Change

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 143 reviews
on March 15, 2017
Fun book to read aloud to K-3 grade students. Many (if not all) students know all about the gingerbread man, but few have ever heard of the gingerbread baby. Many students laughed just after I read the title. Most of them thought they knew what was going to happen to him as soon as they saw the fox. But, the surprise ending had students clapping and thankful that all was well for the gingerbread baby. The happy ending makes this my new holiday go-to book for future K students.
on November 29, 2016
One of our family favorites! This book is engaging, the story is well written and interesting to children as young as 3 and even as old as 12. I especially like the illustrations. They are filled with detail, movement, color, and the many illustrations on the edge of the pages tell a story all their own! It creates wonderful opportunities to talk with children about what might be happening and what might happen next. I have been reading this book to my kids for more than 15 years and needed a new copy. The last page of the book is all of my kids favorite page, with a wonderful surprise under angingerbread house. I recommend this book to all families.
on April 20, 2017
It's a Jan Brett. I gifted my youngest Grandy with this book, so have not laid eyes on it myself. I was confident that the book would be well written and the artwork exceptional.
on September 1, 2015
LOVE this book for winter! Such a cute little story about a young boy who is making gingerbread with his mother. When the oven is opened too early to check and see if the gingerbread is done, a gingerbread baby escapes and runs all over town. While everyone else is trying to catch the gingerbread baby, the little boy decides to make a gingerbread house, hoping it will help to catch the gingerbread baby. He sets it in the woods and waits, and sure enough, when the gingerbread baby finds the house just his size, he stops running. There is a lift-the-flap at the very end of the book that shows him living in the house the little boy made for him. One of our favorite holiday stories!!
on August 3, 2017
Love the story but kindle on iPad makes it hard to read the words and see the pictures too. A fix is required.
on December 1, 2015
This is my third copy of this book - my two previous paperback copies were loved to pieces through 10 years in first and kinder. This hardcover copy seems well constructed and will hopefully last many years. A fun twist on the classic, it's great for prediction and comparison. Jan Brett's gorgeous artwork and captivating storytelling make this a perennial favorite with all my students.
on January 2, 2017
I am giving this four stars because I wish I had known that the board book I purchased had different text than the paperback! I read this story to my students before Christmas break. I was offered a copy from a collleague but figured I would like to keep this in my classroom library so I bought it. It turns out the text in the board book was far too young for my third graders and I was pretty disappointed.
on April 15, 2017
My little brother loves gingerbread man /cookies he loves the story would read it over and over
on July 20, 2017
Cute book!!! We love all gingerbread men books great for comparisons
on October 17, 2009
I read this book every year to my Kindergarten class. They love it!

It is a beautifully written and illustrated story of the Gingerbread man, with a different outcome!

The dual story, which can be seen in Jan Brett's small pictures around the main ones, always fascinate my higher-thinking students while the main story captures the whole class.

A very warm and cozy story that will leave you feeling the same way. Awesome version of an old classic!