CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gingher 8-Inch Knife Edge Dressmaker's Shears
|Price:||$23.91 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$16.08 (40%)|
- Ideal for cutting out patterns and trimming seams
- Includes one pair of 8 inch shears and nylon sheath
- Precision-ground knife edge for smooth cutting all the way to the points
- Bent handles provide comfortable, smooth cutting across any flat surface
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Kai 7250: 10 inch Professional Shears N7250 (7250) - Professional Shears
2. The Gingher 10 Inch Knife Edge Bent Trimmers (Note: I list these here because I prefer this length, but I only tested the 8" and 12" models below.)
3. The Kai 7300: 12 inch Professional Shears N7300 (7300) - Professional Shears
4. The Gingher Knife Edge Bent Trimmers 12
5. The Gingher G-8T KE Tailors Shears, 8-Inch
6. The Gingher G-8 8-Inch Knife-Edge Dressmaker's Shears
7. The "Kai 110: 11 inch Tailoring Shears S-110 (S-110) - Professional Shears"
8. The "Kai 7240-AS: 10 inch Serrated Edge Shears N7240-AS (7240-AS) - Professional Shears"
I bought all the Ginghers on Amazon, and all the Kais from their web site (Amazon doesn't sell them). I evaluated them by cutting eight 4" long layered sheets of lightweight cotton fabric at once. My criteria were:
- smoothness of cutting
- was the edge straight, or did it wave?Read more ›
I purchased a second pair so that I'd have one to use while my originals went back to the Gingher factory for sharpening (a service they provide for a mere $7.50). I hope in time to have all Gingher shears in my sewing room!
I bought six pairs to give as Christmas gifts, and also went to Walmart and bought six pair of stainless steel scissors (pkg of 2 for $3) and put a tag on the Gingher scissors "cut cloth only" and on an enclosed pair of "el cheapo" scissors from Walmart a tag which said "for cutting paper."
I have to admit the price is great! The presentation when you get the scissors is beautiful. They give you a black sleeve for the scissors & a lovely chrome plated box to keep them in. But when I lifted up the scissors they were too heavy for me. That is because they are top quality steel. I was going to return them but my cousin who is a quilter really liked them & bought them from me.
So I know it is a great product but buyer beware: it is not for people who do not want a heavy pair of scissors.
Though disappointed, I was happy with it compared a typical one finds at big box craft stores. So when I saw a right handed model for sale at Michael's, I quickly snatched one up. Within a week it cut just as bad as the leftie. Puzzled by how bad it was compared to the other one, I noticed that the one from Michael's was made in Mexico. The leftie was manufactured in Italy.
Though more things are being made in Mexico everyday, that country's manufacturing base isn't as well developed and doesn't deliver the quality found in Italy. I live and work close to New York City and go often to the garment district for supplies. One thing I noticed is the sewing supply shops there only carry Gingher scissors made in Italy.
Knowing this, I gave this company a second chance. I bought a pair of the larger right handed 9 &1/4" Tailors shears in the same place where I bought the first pair. Made in Italy. They are absolutely perfect and work just as well as the day I bought them.
One simple piece of advice on maintaining your scissors: ALWAYS KEEP THEM IN THE CLOSED POSITION. The only time you should open them is when you are going to cut. Leaving your scissors open will leave the edges exposed and vulnerable to nicks along the blade.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome pair of scissors. Make sewing and cutting so much easier. Worth the price. Don't torture yourself with cheap scissors. These cut like a hot knife through butter ;).Published 3 days ago by Judy
love, Love, LOVE my sewing shears. Sturdy, sharp, quality, and perfect for cutting fabric.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer