Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on February 16, 2018
I have had a set of Ginsu steak knives for about thirty years. They are still sharp and I use them for everything from cutting meat, peeling potatoes, opening boxes, etc. A few of them have gone missing over the years and their handles are looking dull from so many washings. When I saw these, I was thrilled. I ordered four of them to try as some of the reviews were negative about the quality not being as good as the originals. They came yesterday and I used one last night to cut a steak that I had for my dinner. It did the job very well. The handles look different but that's not a problem. Only time will tell if the blades stay sharp but I can see no reason why they won't. The way the blades are made looks to be about the same as my older knives. I will use these four for a little while to see how they do, but my intentions are to buy at least four more if they do as well as I think they will. The Ginsu steak knives that I have had for so many years are by far the best knives that I've every owned! If these hold their sharpness even half as well, I'll be happy!

I just posted this review today and was browsing through other reviews. There are many comments regarding the knives rusting. This gives me some concern as stainless steel should not rust! The "old" Ginsu steak knives that I own have been washed in the dishwasher many, many, times and have never rusted! So, the quality of these may not be as good. I would think the concern might be the material used for the handles and not the blades when using the dishwasher. I will use these new ones for a few weeks or so and if there is a problem with them, I'll edit my review once again.......there will certainly be fewer stars if the knives rust! The reason I chose these was because of the easy care and durability of the original steak knives. I can wash them by hand but it's much easier to use my dishwasher. I don't buy clothing that requires "hand washing" either.....that's why I have a washing machine. I like easy care products as much as possible. :) GOOD STAINLESS STEEL SHOULD NOT RUST!
on July 25, 2015
I bought similar looking knives at a restaurant supply store and they cost less than these. (ridiculous sale, about $2.00 for 8 of them) - They were not full tang, but we wanted a set of serrated knives that we can throw in the RV, the dishwasher, and have around the kitchen for minor things, like cutting an apple in half, or slicing some cheese.

One of those came out of the dishwasher partly melted and the tang only reached up to where the plastic meets the blade. (in the garbage it went)

These Ginsu knives are light weight and not the greatest quality, but they are full tang and riveted.
The serrated edge is sharp.
The price won't break the bank.
Hand-washing is what I do. One went into the dishwasher the knife came out fine.
At this price, they are easily replaced if necessary but it looks like they will last a few years.

If you need inexpensive knives to take to your dorm, use in RV, or simply have a to-go knife for small tasks, these are perfect.

*** UPDATE 8/19/2015 ****

The blades will stain if not dried promptly after hand-washing. Bar Keeper's Friend did not restore the shine. I recommend dry them with a towel before storing and forget about air-drying.

My rating remains unchanged. They are inexpensive and sharp for every day use.
Hope this helps.
on December 12, 2014
I`m not much of a chef so I never buy the expensive knives that are overkill for me. My philosophy is that I`d rather buy a new set of "cheap" knives every couple years and have a fresh, sharp set versus paying for one really excellent set. Among those cheaper sets I`ve bought over the years (sub 40 range) these have turned out pretty well. They have respectable sharpness out of the box. The one thing that really sets apart these knives are they full tang. That's hard to find in a budget set, and that is THE first requirement I have among knives. Full tang, reasonably sharp, I`m happy. Less than full tang is downright dangerous and I`ll never use one again after a couple scary close calls.

So I think quality compared with so-called "real" knives these probably rank 3 stars. But when the price is factored in, and it's compared with the same cost knives. they get 5 stars.
on February 11, 2014
For the average cooking family you can't beat these knives. I could not afford the Henkels from Germany but have owned the Chicago Cutlery knives made in the USA. Difference is that the more professional knives are extremely sharp when new but will dull down after a good amount of use. Sharpening them never brings them to factory edge and finding the right sharpner is always hard and expensive.

The Ginsu knives do solve the problem of sharpening. They are not miracle knives, just a normal blade with serrations on them. Their sharpness cannot compare to new pro level knives - I would rate Ginsus a 7 out of 10 where 10 is a new pro level knife's sharpness. But the 7 rating will always stay with the Ginsu whereas a pro level knife will dull down to a 3-4 rating down the road without sharpening.

They are very durable and for the price good quality, I do not miss my Chicago Cutlery implements. I use them daily in the kitchen and they are more than adequate for family cooking. Chopping, slicing, dicing, paring, can all be achieved with the set. The steak knives are very good and will easily cut that well done sirloin. I did cut an aluminum can and it works afterwards too. Slicing tomatos thinly is a little more difficult as only the sharpest knives do the best jobs. Ginsus are good sharp not excellent.

One thing I noticed is that the serrations of the knife can cut the Ginsu knife block if you re-insert them for storage. I just turned all the knives serrations up so the back tang rests on the block - so removing and re-insertions don't cut into the block......

I recommend it - and I've owned my for over 4-5 years and they still work great. Its a good product and my hasn't fallen apart or stained after daily use. My Chicago Cutlery knives just sit in the cupboards collecting dust......
on July 27, 2014
DO NOT WASH THESE KNIVES IN THE DISHWASHER!!!!

Like any tool these knives need proper care. Washing in the dishwasher will rust the knives! I've owned my set of these knives for about 18 months now and they're still sharp as the day i got them and rust free.

You'll see other posts here complaining of rust, but if you follow the instructions (god forbid) you'll love the knives as i have. I hand wash and dry them immediately after use.

The only thing I don't like about this set is all but the santoku blade are serrated. I prefer a non-serrated paring knife.

And for those that didn't read the information and have rust on their blades, soak them in vinegar for a few hours or overnight to remove the rust, then hand wash them and apply a thin coat of mineral oil. Mineral oil will help keep the rust from spreading and is edible. I put a few drops of mineral oil on a paper towel and wipe the blade down with it.

Don't worry mineral oil is edible, you can buy it the local supermarket or pharmacy. Don't use too much though, mineral oil is a laxative...
on July 24, 2014
These are GREAT knives. A lot of the negative reviews are just people too silly to read the directions and understand the knives. They are great quality, especially at the price, BUT THEY ARE NOT DISHWASHER SAFE. After use you must immediately hand wash and and towel dry them as best you can and then let them air dry. They will rust if you soak them or put them in a dishwasher! If this bothers you then feel free to spend $300+ dollars on a higher quality dishwasher safe knife set. I'll happily stick with my $40 Ginsu set and buy 12 more sets to replace them should the need ever arise (which it won't because I take care of them) before I'll drop that much on a knife set. I buy high quality individual knives for the high quality specific knives I need, but for regular house use, steak knives, etc, this is a fantastic set.
on April 17, 2013
I was replacing a set of cheap Walmart knives that had begun breaking at the tangs in the plastic handles. I looked at every brand and price but settled on these because of the variety of the set and that the blades were part of the handle. I was very pleased with the santoku knife. It was very sharp and performed well. The rest of the knives were mediocre at best. The serrated edges were not sharp and lacked the pointed edges that would make them perform well. As others have stated the bread knife simply crushed and gummed the bread. My husband got up from the dinner table and went to get a better steak knife the first time he used them. The last straw was the rust that began to appear. They were hand washed but allowed to drip dry in a dish rack. Bad mistake. The rust was like none I have ever seen before-- thick and gummy (see picture in the product view) so back they went today. Just disgusted it will cost me $9+ to return them. Listen to the warnings and don't buy these. You will be disappointed.
review imagereview image
Oh How I Love My New Cinsu Knife Set. I Always Wanted A Set Like This !!
When I Saw The Cheap Price And The Fact I Got The Very Last Prime Set,
I Nailed This Item !!

This Set Is Really Really Sharp. So I Will Have To Be Extreamly Careful When I Use These Knives,
I Have Seen Alot Of Sharp Knives Before, But I Have Never Ever Saw A Knife Set This Sharp Ever !!

This Cinsu Knife Set Is So Well Built, I Will Have This Knife Set For Years To Come

Thanks Amazon !!
on January 1, 2014
This was a Christmas gift and the recipient was very happy to receive it. Knives are sharp and feel good in the hand. Overall we were happy with the purchase.

BE VERY CAREFUL PURCHASING FROM THIRD PARTY SELLER BaBings.
I purchased an item from BaBings and received a confirmation of purchase.
The next day I received an email that my item had shipped, along with a UPS tracking number.
Several hours later on the same day, I received another email that I was being refunded my
purchase amount, because the “Item was out of stock”. I went to the UPS Tracking website to see that
the shipper “Voided the Tracking Number created”.
Several days later I went back on Amazon to see the identical item back for sale with a the same quantity of ‘3’.
Only this time the price was considerably more money.
If BaBings mispriced the item, they should have honored my purchase and update the Amazon price.
Not an honest way for a third party seller to do business on Amazon
on January 26, 2016
This is a very sharp knife set out of the box. I dont forsee the blades lasting for more than a year of normal use. This is a very high end brand that has made an affordable knife set. The paring knife is the weakest of all the knives in the set. It will crush soft fruit and vegetables. The meat/filet knife is great and top notch. Overall a great set of cheap knives. If buying a $200 set isnt practical for you then this is the next best option.