Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 26, 2016
This is a very sharp knife set out of the box. I dont forsee the blades lasting for more than a year of normal use. This is a very high end brand that has made an affordable knife set. The paring knife is the weakest of all the knives in the set. It will crush soft fruit and vegetables. The meat/filet knife is great and top notch. Overall a great set of cheap knives. If buying a $200 set isnt practical for you then this is the next best option.
on November 16, 2012
So far these knives are as described, but the polymer handles look like they may start looking like frayed plastic after too many times in the dishwasher. The blades are sharp as Ginsu brand knives always are. You can see that the steel extends to bottom of handle, so the rivets aren't there just for looks. They seem very sturdy and hopefully will stay this way. These are nice for everyday use, they're sharp and cut well. I was surprised to see that the steel is made in China however. The Ginsu logo is on the blade but I don't recall ever seeing "Made In China" stamped on it. That's not to say just because the stamp says "Made In USA" means a knife is good because I have some that constantly need sharpening. For the price, as long as these knives act like the original Ginsu knives- this is a nice set to have. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be steak knives but I've used them to cut meat, chop raw veggies and just about anything I use a knife for in the kitchen and they slice right through. I was surprised when once the knife did not slice thru a pepper smoothly. Bottom-line, for this price I'm happy with them.
on December 31, 2017
I like these knives overall. But the packet that comes with them says the stainless steel is not actually stainless or rust resistant... It encourages you to hand wash immediately after every meal to avoid siding and rust. Plus, the lifetime warranty costs money - the same retail price as just buying them again. I thought Ginsu was supposed to be a high quality brand, so I didn't realize I'd have to baby these knives.
on December 19, 2013
I bought these on a lightning deal. Then I read the reviews, needless to say I was worried about them rusting. When they came, I looked for care instructions. After reading the instructions (wash with mild detergent, in hot water, rinse in hot water and dry immediately after).

I have used them multiple times, followed the care instructions to the letter, and have not had any problems with these knives.

The knives are very sharp, and are well balanced. They work well for carving and for chopping. I am very impressed with how easy they are to use. I am a stickler for having a perfect well balanced sharp knife, this exceeded my expectations for the price .

I gave them 5 stars because they are everything I thought they would be and more. If you are someone who does not have time to hand wash, rinse and dry the knives, this might not be the best product for you. If you are someone who has the time to take care of them to factory instructions, then this knife set is a great deal at a great price!
on February 14, 2016
I bought one set to see how sharp the blades are since the picture is not good enough to tell. I tried cutting a paper napkin and was a bit disappointed but when I tried cutting some meat, I was sold. I cut some pork into cubes when I had just seared the outside and the middle was still raw and was very impressed, and when I cut the fully cooked pork, it was everything I could have hoped for. With the raw meat, there was no tearing or meat getting caught in the serrations. With the cooked meat, the knives were perfect. I have since ordered 3 more sets.
on May 13, 2017
I thought these would be a mild step up from the bottom tier of steak knives at Walmart however, bottom tier is just what they are. Cheaply make but they are good enough for cutting cooked meat or a grilled cheese sandwich in half. Terrible on tomatoes and too flimsy to be safely used on raw potatoes. Certainly not the miraculously sharp do anything knives that you might expect after seeing a TV commercial for the product.
on March 24, 2012
Now everybody knows for this price you aren't gonna get a product that lasts as long as the products 10 times that price.. but look at it this way:

I bought this product in 2007 for a little less than it's going for now in 2012 .. I also bought a hand-held knife sharpener at the same time (less than $5, on Amazon) knowing that WHATEVER Ginzu says, these babies are going to need sharpening at one time or another. Generally, I make it a practice with these less expensive knives to RESHARPEN them with a few swipes before returning them to the drawer and I've NEVER been disappointed, that's the truth. Tomatoes continue to be sliced very thin, ditto cucumbers, carrots (on the diagonal), blah-blah. But as I say, I sharpen them every time before putting them away. The six steak knives continue to be better than my regular tableware silver (I've never resharpened these).. certainly better, but maybe not optimum anymore.

The stand they arrived in was stained black and now it's uglier than sin after all this time, scratched up and whatnot.. I think the "natural" finish will last better in this regard, and for the price I'm going to re-order this and stow the "leftover knives" for use later... This item got 4 stars instead of 5 because I knew WELL IN ADVANCE that I was going to have to probably replace them eventually.. but I consider this a steal for 5 years of excellent use.
on October 20, 2015
I have been using this set for the past few weeks. They are really nice knives and they good on the counter top. The handles are nice and sturdy and think it would probably take of a lot of force to break them. While the knives are nice, the kitchen shears are not as good. I have used them several times and they feel like they are going to break soon. When I am cutting meat or thick vegetables, the blades will cross over each when closing them. Overall a good product for the price.
on August 19, 2014
My wife and I have had this set for about a year now. So far, nothing is falling apart or breaking yet. The knives have a unique blade which I have never seen before however they cut things great especially the steak knives. They cut meat extremely well! We have not noticed any dulling of the blades yet and we use these knives all of the time. The kitchen shears work great as well. The knive block is good quality but (as always) we never know which knife belongs where. That being said, it is user error and can't blam Ginsu for this. The only negative thing I can say is that if you use a dishwasher to wash these knives and don't empty right away you may get some rust on the blades. I don't have a problem here because I typically hand wash my knives and then dry by hand. Other than that I couldn't ask for a better priced high quality product. Thanks for reading.
on April 18, 2014
I got these as spares, you could use them as primary cutlery, I just got them for secondary use. My father worked as a cook so we had very good extra knives stored around my folks house. But I'd always wanted a set like this or similar for heavy usage or hacking up frozen stuff when too lazy to wait for thawing, general sloppy high wear and tear use.

I'm very happy with them, but I'm not eyeing them too critically because of their role as a backup or secondary set. I'd buy them again if I needed another set for some reason. Not too complimentary of them, the manufacturer will probably hate me for that but I didn't mean it that way - they're very affordable, I already had expensive knives, so these were perfect and hold up very well under heavy usage. (hope that explains what I meant)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse