Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ginsu Essential Series 14-Piece Stainless Steel Se..." and save 46% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ginsu Essential Series 14-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Knife Set – Cutlery Set with Black Kitchen Knives in a Natural Block, 04817DS
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- These Ginsu Essential Knives arrive sharp and NEVER NEED SHARPENING giving you a no-maintenance set of knives at a great price.
- Every Ginsu Essential Knife features Scalloped Serration designed with your toughest cutting jobs in mind so whether you need to cut up a side of meat or create delicate vegetable slices, you'll always have the best knife for the job.
- These Full-Tang, Triple Rivet Ginsu Essential Knives are ergonomically engineered to give you a comfortable and safe cutting experience.
- Like all of Ginsu’s Essential, Koden, and Chikara Series Knives and Knife Block Sets, this product is backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Ginsu Essential Knife Set includes every knife you need to prepare and serve large and complex meals organized in an Elegant Natural Block: 8-Inch Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Slicing and Carving Knife, 7-Inch Santoku, 5-Inch Boning Knife, 4.5-Inch Utility Knife, Six 4.5-Inch Steak Knives, 3.5-Inch Paring Knife, and Kitchen Shears
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ginsu Essential Series 14-Piece Serrated Black Knife Set - 04817DS
Ginsu Essential Knives arrive sharp, and thanks to the unique scalloped serration, never need sharpening!
Unlike traditional serrated knives, Ginsu Essential Knives are ground sharp on both sides, giving you the performance of a fine-edge knife without the hassle of sharpening!
Ginsu Essential Knives combine a full tang blade with an ergonomic triple-rivet handle to give you a comfortable and secure cutting experience.
Caring for Your Knives
- Ginsu Essential Series Knives should be handwashed and dried after use
Four Decades of Innovation
The makers of Ginsu have been innovating since the 70s.
From the creation of the famous phrase, but wait there's more, to the invention of the first Never Needs Sharpening knife set, Ginsu has always pushed the envelope.
What many people may not realize, is that Ginsu is designed, engineered, and assembled in a little town in America's heartland.
In our factory in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, a dedicated team of engineers, accountants, salesmen, designers, and marketers work every day to bring you the best in kitchen cutlery.
Take a look around and you'll find a color, style, and count that fits your kitchen. Whatever your need, we're sure we have the knife set for you.
A Color for Every Kitchen!
Ginsu Essential 14-Piece Orange - 05153OSDS
Ginsu Essential 14-Piece Blue - 03881DS
Ginsu Essential 14-Piece Yellow - 03872SYDS
Ginsu Essential 14-Piece Red - 03879DS
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Premium 9-Piece Knife Block Set
Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
AmazonBasics Premium 18-Piece Knife Block Set
Ginsu Essential Series 14-Piece Stainless Steel Serrated Knife Set – Cutlery Set with Black Kitchen Knives in a Black Block, 03886DS
Chicago Cutlery Elston 16pc Block Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Color||Black||—||15 Piece||Black||Black||Natural Wood|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 15 x 9 in||5 x 9 x 14 in||14.88 x 6.5 x 11.12 in||6.29 x 9 x 14 in||5 x 14 x 8 in||7.4 x 9.2 x 14.7 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||—||Stainless Steel||Wood||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||14 Piece||9-Piece||Hollow Handle||18-Piece||14- Piece||—|
The GINSU 04817 International Traditions 14 Piece Cutlery Set features the Symetric Edge design which integrates identical serrations expertly matched to each side of the knife's blade. This produces a two dimensional serrated surface capable of precision center cuts. The result is no maintenance, never needs sharpening, serrated edge that perfoms with the accuracy of fine edged professional cutlery. This design is ideal for both righ and left handed use! Made of professional quality 420 series satin finished stainless steel blades, provide consumers the perfect combination of performance, balance, and style - all supported by a lifetime limited warranty.
Blocks should not be put in the dishwasher or submerged in water this can lead to blocks cracking post-shipment.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I just posted this review today and was browsing through other reviews. There are many comments regarding the knives rusting. This gives me some concern as stainless steel should not rust! The "old" Ginsu steak knives that I own have been washed in the dishwasher many, many, times and have never rusted! So, the quality of these may not be as good. I would think the concern might be the material used for the handles and not the blades when using the dishwasher. I will use these new ones for a few weeks or so and if there is a problem with them, I'll edit my review once again.......there will certainly be fewer stars if the knives rust! The reason I chose these was because of the easy care and durability of the original steak knives. I can wash them by hand but it's much easier to use my dishwasher. I don't buy clothing that requires "hand washing" either.....that's why I have a washing machine. I like easy care products as much as possible. :) GOOD STAINLESS STEEL SHOULD NOT RUST!
One of those came out of the dishwasher partly melted and the tang only reached up to where the plastic meets the blade. (in the garbage it went)
These Ginsu knives are light weight and not the greatest quality, but they are full tang and riveted.
The serrated edge is sharp.
The price won't break the bank.
Hand-washing is what I do. One went into the dishwasher the knife came out fine.
At this price, they are easily replaced if necessary but it looks like they will last a few years.
If you need inexpensive knives to take to your dorm, use in RV, or simply have a to-go knife for small tasks, these are perfect.
*** UPDATE 8/19/2015 ****
The blades will stain if not dried promptly after hand-washing. Bar Keeper's Friend did not restore the shine. I recommend dry them with a towel before storing and forget about air-drying.
My rating remains unchanged. They are inexpensive and sharp for every day use.
Hope this helps.
So I think quality compared with so-called "real" knives these probably rank 3 stars. But when the price is factored in, and it's compared with the same cost knives. they get 5 stars.
1) Different set of shears - I trim chicken with these quite often. The plastic that runs down the blades unfortunately grabs onto little bits of raw chicken. This means cleaning them is more labor intensive since you have to pick the little pieces out and often have to scrub pretty hard to make sure they are truly clean.
2) Add pairing knives - I spend a decent amount of time chopping smaller vegetables. This set doesn't really have any smaller pairing knives. I ended up getting a 3 set of Henckel pairing knives. I swapped them out for 3 of the steak knives in my block (I mean how much steak does one man eat?)
I'd definitely recommend this set with a few cheap alterations.
even after using the chef's kife