Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Japanese Steel Knife Set – Cutlery Set with 420J Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives – Finished Hardwood Block, 07132DS
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives are one piece of premium Japanese Stainless Steel from tip to tang so you can approach every recipe with the confidence that your knives will do whatever you ask.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives arrive razor sharp and stay sharp longer than the competition giving you a low-maintenance, high quality set of forged knives you can depend on meal after meal.
- These Ginsu Chikara forged knives are expertly balanced to give you the perfect blend of power and control you need to cook through even the trickiest recipe safely and comfortably.
- Ginsu Chikara forged knives have been named a Consumer Report "Best Buy" 5 times, and are backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- This Ginsu Chikara forged knife set includes everything you need to prepare and serve delicous and complex meals organized in a chic Toffee Finish Block: 8-Inch Chef's Knife, 5-Inch Serrated Utility Knife, 7-Inch Santoku Knife, 5-Inch Utility Knife, 3.5-Inch Paring Knife, Honing Rod, Shears, Four 4.5-Inch Steak Knives (Note: Steak Knives are stamped, not forged)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Ginsu Gourmet Chikara Series Forged 12-Piece Japanese Steel Knife Set – Cutlery Set with 420J Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives – Finished Hardwood Block, 07132DS
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|BladeType||Chef's Knife||Chef's Knife||Steak Knife||Boning Knife||Boning Knife||—|
|Blade Material Type||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Item Dimensions||6.01 x 9.12 x 15 in||6.01 x 15 x 9.12 in||0.25 x 7.75 x 13 in||5 x 15 x 9 in||5 x 14 x 8 in||5.81 x 7.56 x 14.88 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||12 Piece||—||4 Piece||14 Piece||14- Piece||—|
Chikara blades are precision forged and formed for balance from Japanese steel; that is well known for its stain and rust resistance, strength, and ability to hold an incredibly sharp edge. A great companion for mincing, slicing, and dicing. Knives are easily stored in a stylish toffee stained wood block that will look great in any kitchen. (Note: Hardwood Block finish may vary slightly from photo)
Top customer reviews
I've owned these for over a year now. I'm still very happy with the purchase. They have only required a quick "toning" of the blade edge occasionally, even with frequent use. Part of this can be attributed to the fact that I only cut on wood and plastic cutting boards, never glass or stone. The blades are just as solid as they were when I purchased them -- no wiggling in the handles at all. The steak knives are definitely not forged, which is a bit of a disappointment to me, but I honestly can't complain about their performance. I even use them for paring apples and cutting cheese (the thinner blade glides through cheddar much better). I expect I'll get many more years of use out of this set.
* UPDATE *
Well I've had these for about 5 months now. I've never regretted the purchase once! Not so certain that the steak knives are forged, however -- they seem a bit thin and flexible, but I believe most steak knives are. The edges do not dull easily. I give them a quick sharpening maybe once every couple months. Glad I decided to go with a quality set from the get-go, rather than buying a few cheap sets that I never liked. Worth it, even if you're a bachelor who doesn't spend all his time in the kitchen (but wants tools that work when you do).
* Original Review *
Really like this product during the two weeks that I've owned it. Knives are sharp out of the box. The scissors don't come apart, which I wanted but don't need. Don't use them for meats. The knives have a decent feel and heft. The steak knives I'm not as certain about, because the blades are thinner and more flexible than the other blades. Not certain if they're forged or stamped. The bamboo block looks pretty nice. Will update once I've put them to through their paces.
The weight and balance of the knifes are very good for this price range. The only negative I have is the block. The 4th (farthest back) knife slot is dual purpose so it can hold either the Chef/Santoku knives or kitchen shears. I'd have much rather they just made the block fit this set. As it is the back knife fits solid, but you have to pay attention to make sure the blade is lined up properly.
Overall I'd buy this set again, it doesn't take up much counter space and it has a nice range of knives to let you do practically any job.
But like other reviewers stated, the steak knife handles are plastic, but of the same quality as the other knife handles. I haven't used them to cut yet so maybe the blades are great, just not the handles. Not a huge deal for me since we don't really use steak knives anyway.
Most recent customer reviews
But I abuse all my knives equally.Read more