Ginsu Hanaita Series 33 Layer Japanese VG-1 Core Damascus Stainless Steel 15 Piece Cutlery Set 5900
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Experience the beauty and strength of Ginsu's Japanese Damascus 420J2 stainless steel wrapped around a VG-1 metal core
- Hanaita Damascus Blades are made with 33 layers of alternating high and low carbon Japanese stainless steel
- These layers are forged together and sharpened to an extreme 10 degree Asian knife angle
- The blades are cryogenically cooled with liquid nitrogen for ultimate edge retention, creating one of the sharpest, strongest knives in the world
- Hand wash only; limited lifetime warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
From the manufacturer
Chikara Damascus 15 Piece Cutlery Set
Why Chikara Damascus?
Say hello to the last kitchen knife set you’ll ever want to use. The Chikara Damascus 15-piece block set includes everything you’ll need to prepare and enjoy a home cooked meal. From versatile knives like a chef’s knife or Santoku knife to specialty knives for bread and deboning, this set has it all. In addition to the impressively superior Damascus steel blades described below, Chikara Damascus knives are designed with comfortable, traditional Asian style handles that offer the highest level of professional balance.
Chikara Damascus Blades
What makes these knives so special is how they are made. Each blade in this set is forged out of 33 alternating layers of high and low carbon Japanese Damascus 420J2 steel wrapped around a rigid VG-1 metal core. After being forged, each blade is sharpened to an extreme 10 degree Asian knife angle for unparalleled sharpness. To keep their edges, each blade is cryogenically cooled to align the molecules of the steel. An expertly-balanced hilt at the base of the blade protects your fingers from cuts and provides complete control over each and every cut.
What's in the Box?
8 inch chef's knife, 8 inch slicer, 8 inch bread knife, 7 inch Santoku, 5 inch Santoku, 6.5 inch cleaver, 6 inch boning knife, 4.5 inch utility knife, Four 4.5 inch steak knives, 3.5 inch paring knife, 10 inch honing rod, and Bamboo storage block.
Caring for Your Chikara Damascus Cutlery
- Chikara Damascus knives should be hand washed and dried immediately after use
- The edge should be maintained by using the honing rod before each use to ensure maximum performance
- The fine-edged blades require periodic sharpening using whetstone
More About the Damascus Forging Process
Since 400AD, Damascus blades have been created through a unique process in which layers of steel are forged together, creating an ultrasharp, super-strong blade.
Chikara continues the age-old Damascus tradition by using 33 layers of superior Japanese high carbon and low carbon stainless steel with VG-1 core to form a superior Japanese Damascus Stainless Steel Blade. Damascus material is made by hot rolling multiple sheets of different grades of stainless steel, and hammering, or forge-welding them together.
The blades are then sharpened to a razor-sharp Asian knife angle of 10 degrees, and then cryogenically cooled in our proprietary process. This cryogenic process uses liquid nitrogen to draw the molecules of the steel closer together for ultimate edge retention, sharpness, and superior performance.
Includes 8 inch slicer, 8 inch bread knife, 8 inch chef's knife, 7 inch santoku, 6.5 inch cleaver, 6 inch boning knife, 5 inch utility knife, 5 inch santoku, four 5 inch steak knives, 3.5 inch paring knife and 10 inch honing rod in solid bamboo block.The country of manufacture is China. Japanese steel is imported to China for the production.