Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 5, 2016
This bike shifts like a 1976 Dodge pick-up with a burnt out clutch, it weighs as much as a large lunch lady, the saddle might as well be a piece of plywood and it's slow as hell - and I LOVE IT. Because I can afford it! Here's the thing about cycling: It's an amazing sport for fitness, fun and enjoying the outdoors. It's also crazy expensive to get into if you go to the Local Bike Shop (LBS) and try to get outfitted. One can easily drop $5,000 on just entry level equipment to get into this sport. That's not good at all, because riding a bike should be one of those things that everyone should be able to do easily and cheaply.

I bought this bike over two years ago and it has changed the way I look at fitness and the beautiful area that I live in. Thank you Giordano and Amazon for making that experience possible when my LBS is certainly not willing to do that for this poor public school teacher.

A couple of tips:

1. Take the bike into your LBS to have it tuned and initially prepped for your first ride. They will look at you like you just brought a dead puppy into their store - but F*&% them because the LBS is a hinderance to you starting in cycling when it should be a boost. So just hold your head high and pay for a good tuning. Chances are the kids in the back that actually do the work will admire you for finding an affordable bike that looks this good.

2. The next upgrade I undertook was clipless pedals. If you look somewhere like Nashbar or the Clymb you can find a set of clipless pedals shoes for less than a hundred bucks. Again, have the LBS install them, because they'll have the right tools to get the old pedals off. This upgrade will help you haul this thing up those tough hills and help you maintain speed on the flats.

3. Next priority has to be the saddle. I haven't done this yet because it's hard to stomach paying about half the cost of the bike just for the bit you sit on - but I'm beginning to understand how a comfy seat helps.

The bottom line is this bike is perfect for someone who wants the thrill of flying down hills at 35 mph, the challenge of conquering those same hills on the way up and the satisfaction of getting a great workout - but who doesn't want to spend as much on a bike as they did on their first car. I've been riding this bike regularly for 2 years and I've been very happy with it. And to the snobs that pass you on their 12 ounce, carbon frame, 52 gear bikes - just smile knowing your heart is getting the same workout for a tiny fraction of the cost!
88 helpful votes
89 helpful votes
on June 3, 2013
I received the bike, well-packed in a big box that didn't weigh a lot -- always a good sign when ordering a road bike online. I got it assembled in no time. All I really had to do was put on the front wheel, the handlebars, seatpost, and pedals. After I got it all put together I sat down and stared at it for a while, just taking in its look. It's a good-looking contraption, for sure, especially for the relatively little money I had just spent on it.

The only problem I had was the brakes, which I know others have posted about. The front brakes were way out of whack; they wouldn't even touch the rim when I squeezed the lever. I adjusted them to perfection myself after watching a how-to video on YouTube. Problem solved until I tried the rear brakes. They became a problem of a different sort. I couldn't adjust these by myself and, in fact, they weren't workin properly at all. I ended up taking the bike to an LBS. They got them working, but they're still not quite right. Squeezing the lever takes a lot of effort and there's a clunkiness to both the front and rear braking effort. I'm not having any stopping issues such as what others have said, but I think I'm going to have to replace the brakes eventually, especially if I start doing more and longer rides on this bike.

Aside from this issue, the bike operates flawlessly and speeds down the road. It's like hopping on a jackrabbit. It wants to take off! Others have had issues with flat tires, which I haven't seen yet, but I'm constantly checking tire pressure and filling when needed, almost every other day. The Shimano drive train is awesome. The shifting is great once you get the hang of it, and aside from the rattling kickstand when going over bumps, it rides very, very well. Even the LBS guy who worked on my brakes said, "this is a really nice bike."

So there you have it. I'm going to upgrade the bike's components as I go and as needed, such as new brakes, clipless pedals, and perhaps some new rims and tires. But for a beginning road cyclist such as myself, I couldn't be more pleased. I am having a blast on this bike so far!
4 helpful votes
on March 3, 2014
I needed a bike for a sprint triathlon - I did not have or want to spend 1000 + that bike shop experts were recommended for an "entry level" bike. I started researching and came to the conclusion that if I wasn't planning on participating in the Tour de France or doing some high level ironman, a decent lightweight bike put together well, was all I needed.
The bike was under 400, Prime delivered it in 2 days and I took it to the local bike shop and they put it together for 40 bucks.
Ive rode approx. 200 miles on the bike (March 14) and cannot complain about anything. The gears are decent, the bike keeps up with the 1000+ bikes, relatively lightweight and it looks sharp. I competed in the spring triathlon and was able to average 18 mph. I got her up to 24 mph and its smooth.
I borrowed a cannon bike from my buddy (3000 +) and even though the cannon was a lot lighter it wasn't that much faster. I think its all marketing unless u get to the tour pro type bikes. It aint the arrow, its the indian.

sooooo, if your thinking of getting an entry level bike - I strongly recommend u order this and have a pro put it together and viola, you will be happy and have extra money in ur pocket to buy some awesome spandex outfits.
on February 25, 2015
First off let me say this was my first attempt at getting into road bikes. I was getting discouraged and then I found this bike. I put about 900 miles on this bike before I retired it and ended up building my own. This bike is a great starter bike. By no means is it a race bike and nothing on this bike is race worthy. That being said I was really pleased with the bicycle. It is comfortable to ride, looks great, and makes you feel like you are on a much nicer bike. Fresh out of the box and minor assembly I was able to ride this home the day it arrived. They did send me two left pedals but I got a used set from a friend and made it work. My light and speedo fit perfect on the bars. I road this 20 miles a day about 3-4 days a week to and from work.

My first experience was a flat tire about 35 miles into my ownership and left me stuck walking for another 5 miles in the middle of nowhere. My suggestion would be to get new tires and tubes. Those that come with the bike are of lower quality and will leave you stuck.

I then had another issue about 200 miles. The bearings in the freewheel were shot. My travels did take me on some not so smooth roads but nothing out of the ordinary for a daily commuter. On this wheel you are not able easily replace the freewheel or find parts. I ended up having to get a new rim and freewheel for about $60.

Around 8-900 miles I started to feel the crank bearings going. thinking of the experience I had with the wheel, I never bothered to replace these as I was almost finished with building my new bicycle. I still have this and it is still in working order, just never gets ridden anymore.

I think this bike is worth the money I spent. It was used quiet a bit and helped me see what I did, and didn't, like about biking. I was also able to ride this and figure out how I wanted my new bike to ride a feel all for the low cost of this bike. Besides if I ended up hating biking I could have sold it for what I paid or tossed it because it was cheap.
on July 1, 2017
I ~probably~ ordered the bike one size too large, but I'm adjusting... Assembly was easy, and once it was tuned up & adjusted by a local shop, works quite well.

The shifting mechanism is very different from anything I had before, but easy to get used to after a bit.

Only real complaint I have is the lack of 'inner' break handles, forcing you to always lean forward in urban areas where traffic requires sudden breaking to slow down or stop completely. If that's a concern, I'd recommend another bike or (as I now am) plan to replace. In rural areas, however, this isn't really a problem; If my riding was 100% rural, I'd have gone full 5-stars.
on February 23, 2015
I'm 5'4 and I love this bike. It fits fine. I am a woman and the reason I got this one instead of the female version is because I thought this one looked better, it had better ratings and there were too many reviews for the woman's bike saying they were having trouble with the brakes. I got this put together at my local bike shop and the person that assembled it told me this was a very good and sturdy bike. I have used it in 2 triathlons so far and I love this bike. This bike stays in my house. It is a great looking bike. My only problem if I had to state one would be the white tape on the handle bars gets dirty quickly so I have to wipe down the bars after each ride to keep it clean, I may have them re-tapped with black or red tape eventually but that is just cosmetically.
on October 13, 2017
I've been riding the Bicycle pretty regularly for about ~1 year. It rides decent enough and looks good. The pop-off tires making changing them a lot easier; just buy a cable along with a U-Lock to lock-up. The gears shift poorly is only downside (noticeable 'clunk' each time), but I think correlates with the price fair. Decent low-mid range road bicycle for commuting and daily rides.
on August 15, 2015
I really don't like the bike. The brakes are horrible. The pedal is not good. The handle bar is uncomfortable. I wish I could return it but I'm 2 weeks past my return date. I paid 60 dollars to get the bike gears tuned and brakes adjusted. After riding one time. The brake lever stopped working. Only have a total of 19 miles on this bike and the rear wheel keeps making loud noises for some reason. It just sucks I missed the return date.
11 comment|Report abuse
on June 30, 2014
Got a 22 inch and was hoping to grow into it and also hoped it wasn't to big for me. To my surprise it fitted pretty good. I am 5'7 and my legs are 30' and the fit is nice. The seat post looks like the one on the picture shown on amazon

Avoid potholes or just get new tires because the tires are s***. Also had to replace cranksets and BB. Really terrible experience but I did learn how to do a lot of mechanical things, but the cost out weighs the knowledge.

Crashed a few times due which were my fault and not the bike. The shifters got scratched but still good. Paint job is amazing and there are a few scratched but the red covers them up, so it's not really noticeable

Riding it is great. Love how it feels between my legs. I get compliments on how it looks and how I look on it. Some people criticize me about it being one of those "chinese" bikes but, it's a great deal unless you get a good deal on Ebay or with a amazing sale at a bike shop. Hard to find STI on a bike at this price.

I would keep the frame and seat because they are really good unlike the other components on the bike I had to replace. Don't get me wrong, they are good but a lot of failed on me.

Pro's:
-Really comfy seat
-Shifters are amazing
-Amazing and durable paint job
-Weak bar tape

Con's:
-Terrible tires and tubes
-Components are terrible
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 8, 2013
I've been looking to get a nice road bike for some time. However if you go to any bike shop, the cheapest "entry level" road bike is around $700. For as much riding as i plan on doing i do not want to spend that much money.

I found the Giordano Libero on amazon, and saw some great reviews about the bike. I took a chance and it paid off. The Libero is a great entry level bike! Sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but for entry level that is not what i was looking for. It also has a great solid frame that will let you make additions/upgrades to the bike if you choose.

Yes, it comes in a box, however it is relatively easy put together. I would recommend taking it to a local bike shop to get a tune-up to make sure everything is working properly. I did and it cost $60, and the bike shop worker loved the bike. He thought it was a great bike (looks as well as function ability) and couldn't believe the price.

Not only is it a sound bike, it also looks GREAT! Some of the pictures on her do not show how great this bike looks in real life.

I've ridden it so far around 100 miles total and havent come up with any complaints. The only aesthetics complaint I have, is that the handlebar wrap is white with a flower pattern. Not really the style im going for, but i spent $15 dollars and got a really nice red handlebar wrap.

Overall i would highly recommend this bike. Great Price and Great Looks for the money you are spending!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.