Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,078 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,127 reviews
on October 27, 2014
Okay like most leather shoes, you will have to break them in. At first when I tried the shoes on, I thought I was going to need to return them because they were really tight... but after a few days, the leather became a little pliable and have become comfortable. If you have really wide feet, I think you may have some snug toes and might want to purchase a different pair.

Here is my pro/con take:

Pros:
* Price was great (>$40)
* Full leather upper
* Good heal height
* Nice style!
* Comfortable

Cons:
* Sole isn't good in both cushion or sewing (see picture)
* You can see scuffs easily (no front patter on shoe which reflects scuffs easily)

My overall score is considering everything above including the major factor price. I've purchased other boots before in many different price ranges and this is a pretty good boot for the price-range. I'll be wearing these for a while and will update if there are any issues. The sole isn't a big thing for me as most of my leather shoes, the soles have fallen out because the glue. I sometimes purchase inserts if it bothers me...in this case it hasn't bothered me yet so I'll live with it until then. I hope this helps. Happy Shopping!
review image
on June 12, 2017
If you want a pair of zipper boots and don't want to spend over a hundred bucks, these are the way to go. They're made of quality leather and hold up well for extended periods.

This is actually my third pair, both of the last two met an early end due to lack of care on my part. In one instance I failed to upkeep the polish properly and it began cracking which prompted me to replace them. The latter pair I kept wearing daily during the heavy rainfall which hit California in late 2016/early 2017 and they ended up rotting. Not the fault of the leather, so much as I didn't dry them or maintain the polish.

Both of the previous pairs had been worn daily, and even taken hiking on occasion without any issues. I received my first pair in December 2014, if I recall correctly and purchased the second over a year later.

They are a bit tight initially but the leather stretches rather quickly. Those with sensitive feet may also want to spend a little bit of money to get a pair of insoles as the ones which come in them are fairly thin.

For the price, you're not going to beat them although there are certainly more high-quality pairs on the market.
on August 21, 2015
You will not find a shoe that incorporates this much leather, and this style, for the cost. Yes, it is a zip up, which makes me feel like a sparsely educated Dickensonian orphan child...but what a zip up! Leather top, durable artificial sole. The smell some have attributed is surely luck of the draw: I receive Chinese product for a living, and half of its petroleum products smell like dead seagulls. The difference is the service: I ordered four pair (since for the same money, good Italian leather loafers would have cost me twice that, still), and one came in the wrong size. I was given credit, quickly, and shipped another pair. Give the sizing two days: each pair took two to stretch correctly. Great for bigger feet.
on March 31, 2015
Ok - wait for it. I'm going to start with a couple of negatives and go from there. When these shoes got here they felt like they were a tad narrow which concerned me. I don't know if they are really Italian but my experience with real Italian shoes is that they tend to fit narrow. Also the leather was stiff, and honestly after two days I was crying uncle. BUT - these shoes are real leather, and honestly look really well made. At this price point that is very uncommon. I know real leather breaks in, so I stuck with them. Long story short the shoes are really starting to break in and feel really nice. The width has stretched out as well and they have now become what I'd call comfortably snug. My feet don't slide or move around inside them unnecessarily but they also do not feel uncomfortable or confining at all. I work at a hospital and put anywhere from 3 - 6 miles on my feet daily. I've had them about a month now and currently doing that is not a problem in these. They might be a bit hot in the summer - we shall see. If they hold up decently though I'm inclined to get another pair. I typically destroy a decent pair of shoes within 6 months or so at the hospital so we'll see. ;)
on March 27, 2016
I wear a 9 or 9.5 M depending on the shoe. The regular 9 fit just fine. There wasn't a smell to the shoes as other reviews suggested. The zipper is smooth and the leather itself seems fine. The boots fit a bit narrow on the first wear however they stretch out pretty quick.

Update: After wearing the shoes almost daily for 3 months the bottom has started to come unglued from the heel. It's not noticeable and isn't too bad but I doubt it would hold up for another couple of months. However a bit of superglue was able to fix it with no further problems so far.
on April 19, 2017
One winter down and hopefully several to go. I got these because I can't stand galloches over dress shoes but wear suits to work and didn't want lug sole boots. These are great dress boots for bad weather days for very little money. Boots fit great, are comfortable and wore well with suits during the week and jeans on the weekend. I think they are good quality and after 6 months frequent use have very little visible wear. No smell either that I noticed.
on February 9, 2016
They feel a bit big, but I believe any smaller of a size would have been worse. The boot has some "extra-room" at the toe but it it appears to be because of the angle the boot goes when the outer side reaches the toes. The body of the foot can't go any further forward so there's an inch of apace, for me, between my toes and the end of the boot. I think the extra space has helped with thicker socks, and will likely be easier on the toes than my narrow western style boots.
I really like the look of these boots, they have nice quality leather. insides are comfortable, and looking look they'll stay in good shape for quite awhile. The zipper looks like it's attached very well.
Edit:Narrowing at the toe causing ingrown toenail. The design doesn't conform well with the shape of a foot.
Mine needed a little break-in, but were comfortable from the minute that I put them on. I carefully examined them and was impressed with what I found (especially when I only paid about forty-five bucks!)

The zippers are sturdy. I compared them to the ones on the boots these replaced and they were about the same quality. Considering that the ones being replaced were three years old and the zippers were still as good as when I first purchased them, I have a lot more confidence in these. And I will admit that I was a little suspicious of the low price of these. Not to worry on that count.

Other reasons why I gave these five stars are the fit (a little tight on width at first, but they wore in quickly. The no-slip sections or the soles and heels are beautifully matched to the leather (or whatever that material is). Plus the heel material is nailed in as well as bonded. Both the insole and seat fit my heel perfectly, and the outer material looks and smells like leather.

Time will tell with respect to how long these will last, but as of now I am not only thrilled with the purchase, but still in disbelief that I got them for such a low price. If issues do arise I'll update this review accordingly. The bottom line is if you are suspicious of the low price, don't be. While they are not Bally, they are decent boots and surprisingly nice.
on February 8, 2017
I like the look. The zipper seems sturdy enough to last. The front of the rubber sole has some lines to provide some grip. They only took a couple of wearings to break in. I have worn them almost every day for a month and have had no issues.

The only minor complaint is you really have to buy and use an insole. They really just have a hard leather lining on the bottom. This is not uncommon for boots so I did not mark them down for it.

I am happy with these boots and would buy them again.
on March 3, 2017
Great boot and overall value. Definitely takes time to break in the leather. I'd suggest keeping the boot well-oiled and to wear either boot socks or use blister pads during this break-in process. Albeit an uncomfortable process, the end result is a great boot that fits well and

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.