Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,999 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,167 reviews
Enthusiast: Photographyon September 14, 2016
This Rocket Air blaster works great for my needs. I wanted to make sure it had enough air blowing out, so I decided to go with the large version, and I was quite surprised at how big it actually was! (I have attached a photo to show it's size in relation to a 16oz can...sorry, I didn't have a banana handy!) I am using it to blow dust out of my Canon camera's interior sensor, and it works great for that.

The design is quite ingenious, actually. There is a small air inlet valve on the bottom of the rubber pump, and that is where the air is sucked back into the blower after using. This makes it to where the dust you just blew out doesn't get sucked back into the nozzle and redistributed during the next pump. This is definitely something you want to take into consideration when using a blower for cleaning camera sensors. It is extremely important!

I would recommend the Rocket Air Blaster to anyone who asks. In my opinion, going with the larger blaster is better, because it has more air to blow out. But, if you are using it in a smaller travel bag, I might recommend going with the smaller sizes. Check the photo for size reference.
on December 28, 2016
I have to laugh at the negative reviews complaining that it doesn't have as much force as canned air...True. And it doesn't generate as much force as my Bostitch 6 gallon air compressor either. But, I don't want to clean off my delicate camera equipment with a compressor (or canned air), and I'm not going to try to inflate my car tires with this gizmo. It has a useful place in its abilities, and price point, for moving loose particles from where I don't want them to some place else that doesn't bother me... without bending, splattering or otherwise mutilating sensitive equipment.
Well made blower. It doesn't immediately seem like much of an improvement over other blowers but a few features seem to make it superior to generic blowers. The larger size does increase the amount of constant and forceful air pressure to hit the lens or the sensor which helps to remove difficult particles. Also and I think maybe most importantly is the triangular hole on the tip which seems to better focus the air blast for even more force.

I'm just an amateur photographer and I'd like to refrain from having to brush or wipe my lenses or my sensor. I have only had experience with 2 other blowers and while they were effective, I wanted a something better. This Giotto blower seems to be well made and the little touches like the triangular hole and the rocket fins that allow you to stand this without worry of it rolling off your table are very thoughtful, practical, and functional design elements.

I don't see this as leaps and bounds better than other blowers I've used but it is better and easy to recommend for the price.
review image review image
on October 3, 2011
It's supposed to blow air and that's what it does. You will not have to file any claims for failure to meet the implied warranty. The rubber is nice and soft, it stands up on a flat surface and thus doesn't roll around, and the rubber bulb is large enough to allow you to get decent air velocity out of the nozzle if you squeeze it hard and fast.

This sort of bulb type thing is recommended for DSLR sensor cleaning because you can't accidentally cause it to spew freezing liquid like you can if you hold one of those compressed gas cans upside down or at a bad angle. Freezing liquid is not good for sensors. I just wish the bulb could spew air with as much force as duster cans, but that's a bit beyond what you can expect from this sort of device.

You can also use it as a stand for your sunglasses, and then take a goofy photo of your sunglasses perched on the blower. The photo will look sort of like a goofy face.

Hmm, now that I look around I'm not sure where mine is. Hopefully my cats haven't chewed it up. Cat proofing might make a good feature for the next version.
on May 31, 2016
This is wonderfully versatile tool. And I am so grateful it is in my life. I purchased it to keep the SONY lenses on my new SONY a7r free of debris. It works beautifully. It has helped me immensely and many times when the breeze in sunny San Diego brought an unwelcome dust particle to my lens or lens filter. It blows off tiniest and larger particles immediately. It is an indispensable travel companion in my photo backpack and gets almost daily use. I trust it to blow off dust and debris and leave the lens or lens filter clean and clear. The valve built into the Rocket Air blaster prevents any dirty air from being expelled back onto the surface you are cleaning. What a great concept and extremely helpful. It is small enough to fit into my backpack or smaller photo bag, and can even be squished and folded to take up less space. I also use it to blow dust off my eyeglasses, computer equipment and so forth. A great tool to have and definitely indispensable. I totally recommend it for hobby and professional photographers alike.

Pros: it is inexpensive; it's on prime delivery; it has a built-in valve to keep the dirty air away from your surfaced to be cleaned; it's small; it's foldable; it can stand and be stable on a flat surface; one handed operation, red tip to find it easily in your bag of tricks
Cons: it's black so it sometimes gets 'lost' in a black bag with black equipment around it, luckily the red tip helps keep it visible :)
on November 23, 2015
At the end of the day, this is a very simple thing that does a very simple thing.
However, as a reviewer, I must go through the FURPS principle

a) Functionality - to blow air (not aerosols - otherwise it will leave a film on your lens) - not under super high pressure, and the jet of air cannot be super-cooled (otherwise your glass may crack). Does it do the work? Absolutely - Score = 100
b) Usability - Requirement: Should be easy and intuitive to use. The "body" of the blower is the right size... it fits the average hand well. Nozzle is the right size. The legs of the rocket make it stand up, and the nozzle does not fall off. Much appreciated. Nozzle size (length) is also good. Score > 85
c) Reliability - Looks well made, even though I do not have statistical data on how quickly the rubber ball will crack, but I have used other products from Giotto (which were well made), so I am going to give this the benefit of the doubt. Score = 85
d) Performance - This is measure of how quickly it can keep blowing. Since this is a manual device, the only sensible measurement is how quickly it can refill the ball by itself, once the pressure is released. I found the refill time to be quite quick, so I will score it at 90
e) Scalability - where can this device be used? Since this is a general-purpose photography device, it can be used on many things. Score 85

Well, if you ask me why I did not score it at a full 100, I would say there is something missing - and that is a detachable brush. Since most of us will use this to blow dust from our lenses, a brush would be good
on October 22, 2016
In the world of mirrorless cameras, dust on the sensor can cost you a hundred bucks when spots and dust artifacts show up in your pictures. If you stop your lens down to its smallest aperture, look at an expanse of sky, and see little gray UFO's, that's what I'm talking about.

Some cameras can ultrasonically shake their sensors to get stuff off of them--use that feature. Using a lens brush to clean dust off your lens mount before removing a lens can help keep dust from getting to the sensor during changes, as can holding the camera upside-down (keeping gravity from depositing stuff on the sensor) when the sensor's exposed. But a squirt of air never hurts.

This brings us to the old habit of blowing on things to clear dust. That can put little dots of spit on your sensor. This gizmo doesn't spit. It puts out more concentrated air power than even a whistling lesson from Lauren Bacall can provide. (look it up, youngsters) I've found this gizmo to be handy, dependable, and occasionally an object (or subject) of off-color humor.
Used this in combination with D-SLR Sensor Cleaning Brush for 1.5x & 1.6x Sensors (16mm) - D-SLR-16 and had fine results, though it was a bit of a nervous situation.

The end result is the test picture you see below, shot at F32 and straight into a bright light source. The camera before was a dusty mess. The end result is better but not perfect. As I tend to shoot a lot of outdoor and macro shots I'm not necessarily keen to fiddle endlessly to get to perfect when I'm just going to dust it up again.

General Steps:

* Blew off the sensor with the blower. This accomplished little on the sensor though it did clear up the lens nicely.

* Charged the brush with the blower profusely and took one swipe at the sensor. This seemed to collect all the dust on one side.

* Charged the brush again and took three more swipes at the sensor, trying to push the dust towards the bottom of the sensor where it's less noticeable

* Closed it up and took another picture and ended up with the one attached. Good enough for now. This will be less of a nervous mess once I've done it a dozen times. For now though, the camera is officially not ruined!

-- I paid full price for this item and I found it absolutely acceptable.
on April 29, 2014
I'm not a photographer, i bought this as a dirt cheap reusable alternative to compressed air duster cans. I operate a lot of consumer electronics, I also occasionally crack open components, usually to find some kind of residue or dust layer coating certain parts. I used to use canned compressed air, but one day while replacing my laptop hard drive, I reached for the canned air to blast a dust encrusted exhaust fan. SNAP! The pressure from the compressed air broke one of the brittle plastic fan blades. After fishing it out, I realized that a lot of plastic components could snap off under 200+ miles an hour of air forced across its surface. I started looking for an alternative, something the same effect as blowing with the mouth (but more concentrated and less spittle). The nozzle is nice, in that it fits everywhere. With repeated pumping I was able to blow all of the visible dust off of a 26" LCD screen. Nice for those times when compressed air might be overkill, but mouth blowing might cause more damage than help.

If I had this back in my N64 days I wouldn't have to lick cartridges to get them to work!

For desktop computers, large fans, and anything bigger than a laptop I recommend sticking with canned air.
on February 21, 2017
Needed a quality blower for my Fujifilm interchangeable-lens camera. This fit the bill quite nicely. While it has a nice, strong gust of air with every squeeze, I wouldn't say it would outmatch canned air in terms of strength. (But you don't want to use canned air on your interchangeable-lens camera's sensor. Don't ever do that. Ever.) Since the bulb on the blower is made of rubber, it can act as a dust magnet itself. Be sure to keep the blower separate from your other devices and use Scotch tape to get the dust off the blower itself. (You might even want to put the blower in something like a storage bag to keep it clean.)

This blower in particular is pretty large. If you've got the room in your camera bag, great, but if you've got a smaller bag, plan accordingly.

All in all, highly recommended.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.