Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,705 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,202 reviews
on October 29, 2015
There's a reason this book is a top seller, it's adorable! I first read this book in a toddler book club when I was a nanny, I now read this book to my own children. I have read this book probably a hundred + times (not an exaggeration) and I still love it. I haven't found a child who didn't like this book, it's so cute. Great story, nice colorful illustrations. I highly recommend this book!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2016
I'm going to side with every other member of this book's fan club. I bought his because I have a beautiful little boy who has some very specialized challenges, and I loved the message this book sends...that you can be different, you can even not be good at certain things in other people's eyes, but there can still be something beautiful only you can contribute. And I want my son to know and to hear that message that just like Gerald the Giraffe, he's got a very special dance that he'll be able to do. And I want him to be able to see that it's possible too, because I know sometimes it can be hard, especially when you're in therapy all the time and therapy is all about what's not going well and what's not going like normal, so I truly think this book has great value especially for kiddos who may struggle to do things the way other people "normally" do. It sends a very nice "yes you can" message, and I love it.
on June 15, 2016
This is a mini version of what I was expecting since I have the original version for my children and was purchasing as a gift. The price is high considering it is not a board book and the giraffe is very small and cheap. I was a little embarrassed to give it as a gift.
on August 25, 2015
This is a wonderful book and I chose to wait a few extra weeks to buy the book with the toy, but what come to me is not a board book, but a small hard cover book with nice paper pages. I specifically look for board books whenever possible because they are so much easier for little ones to turn pagesthat are boards rather than thinner paper pages.
on September 18, 2017
I really enjoy this board book at bedtime because it has more words... So many board books just have images with one line on them and I didn't feel like I was actually reading to my little one. Fun story and good pictures!
on January 18, 2016
Really tiny. The giraffe is about 3/3.5 inches tall and the book is about 4/5 inches tall. Cute story though!
on April 26, 2017
This was given to our grandson on his first birthday. It's a clever story that shows everyone is different with different gifts and talents and ways of moving, no matter the size and shape of the body they are given.
on August 8, 2017
This is such a sweet book, with bright and colorful pictures to go along with a bright and colorful message. I bought this for my two-year-old twin grandsons who LOVE books and they were delighted with it.
on May 23, 2017
I have never heard of this book but it came up as a suggestion when searching for children books. My Sister in law loves giraffes and she is pregnant with her first born. I read this and fell in love! so much so I had to read to my husband and dad before gifting it! The story is great and the illustrations are fantastic. If you love music will love this.
on January 2, 2016
My son is 2, this book is a bit much for him. The storyline and graphics don't hold his attention as well as many of our other books. He loves animals, but the pages are quite busy....really it isn't my favorite either! It's an ok story, the rhyming is mostly cute, it just seems like it leaves a little something to be desired.