Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Giraffes Can't Dance
Format: Board book|Change

on October 29, 2015
There's a reason this book is a top seller, it's adorable! I first read this book in a toddler book club when I was a nanny, I now read this book to my own children. I have read this book probably a hundred + times (not an exaggeration) and I still love it. I haven't found a child who didn't like this book, it's so cute. Great story, nice colorful illustrations. I highly recommend this book!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2016
I'm going to side with every other member of this book's fan club. I bought his because I have a beautiful little boy who has some very specialized challenges, and I loved the message this book sends...that you can be different, you can even not be good at certain things in other people's eyes, but there can still be something beautiful only you can contribute. And I want my son to know and to hear that message that just like Gerald the Giraffe, he's got a very special dance that he'll be able to do. And I want him to be able to see that it's possible too, because I know sometimes it can be hard, especially when you're in therapy all the time and therapy is all about what's not going well and what's not going like normal, so I truly think this book has great value especially for kiddos who may struggle to do things the way other people "normally" do. It sends a very nice "yes you can" message, and I love it.
Love the story, message, illustrations and rhyme! Fun book for adults and kids. I bought this admittedly a bit prematurely for my 5 month old but like reading it to him now and look forward to when he's a bit older and can enjoy it even more.
on June 14, 2017
Cute story but the booked arrived and two of the pages were stuck together. When I tried to separate them it removed some of the picture. It was a gift and I did not have time to return it for a new one.
on July 21, 2017
Love this story--it's a tale about marching to the beat of your own drum--or dancing to your own rhythm. I love the story and how it encourages individuality. Very cute and great illustrations!
on November 18, 2016
I think this book is fun and I enjoy reading it. The quality of material is high, the colors are bright, and the short story is fun. My son is currently 17 months and has a hard time keeping attention long enough to get through this book but he still really enjoys it. I'm sure in a couple months we will be reading through it much easier!!
on August 16, 2017
My great grand daughter loves animals. She was going through a giraffe stage, so I purchased this for her. Great little book. She enjoyed (6 year old). Highly recommend.
on April 8, 2015
My great nephew is really into giraffes so when he saw the cover he was pretty excited. The story is very cute and had enough other animals in it that my nephew had a good time identifying them all. I purchased the board book version so it's pretty sturdy for use by an almost two-year-old but they also have the standard hard and paper covers versions. Great illustrations also.
on August 14, 2017
I believe that this is a nice publication but younger children will not really understand it. I believe best for 4 and up ...Book has nice cartoon illustrations ...
on June 17, 2015
This story is so sweet and has a rhythmic pattern to its text. The illustrations are bright and done in bold colors that are captivating for any child (our 3 month old loves looking at the illustrations!). A sweet message to the story about everyone being unique and how wonderful that is! A great read that is sure to be enjoyed for many years.