Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,641 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,120 reviews
on October 29, 2015
There's a reason this book is a top seller, it's adorable! I first read this book in a toddler book club when I was a nanny, I now read this book to my own children. I have read this book probably a hundred + times (not an exaggeration) and I still love it. I haven't found a child who didn't like this book, it's so cute. Great story, nice colorful illustrations. I highly recommend this book!
review image review image review image
0Comment| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2016
I'm going to side with every other member of this book's fan club. I bought his because I have a beautiful little boy who has some very specialized challenges, and I loved the message this book sends...that you can be different, you can even not be good at certain things in other people's eyes, but there can still be something beautiful only you can contribute. And I want my son to know and to hear that message that just like Gerald the Giraffe, he's got a very special dance that he'll be able to do. And I want him to be able to see that it's possible too, because I know sometimes it can be hard, especially when you're in therapy all the time and therapy is all about what's not going well and what's not going like normal, so I truly think this book has great value especially for kiddos who may struggle to do things the way other people "normally" do. It sends a very nice "yes you can" message, and I love it.
VINE VOICEon August 10, 2017
I love this book. I purchased this to read to my toddlers and they now know all the words. It's empowering to know that you can do anything when you figure out what's right for you, so it's a great message.
This is a board book that is really sturdy. I've actually had this for 2 years now and it has held up beautifully and I've even gifted it to expectant mommies. We love Gerald the giraffe!
on August 6, 2017
My 4 year-old and I both LOVE LOVE LOVE this book.The pictures are great, the words flow so smoothly from my tongue, and it has a valuable message about people who are perceived as different. It is so easy to identify with the emotions of the giraffe who was highly ashamed of not being able to dance and felt SO alone until he started to follow his passion.
on May 2, 2017
This is a must read for young children! The basis of the story is the jungle is having a party, and when the music comes on everyone starts dancing, but the giraffe does a horrible job of it while everyone else does it with ease. Embarrassed, the giraffe leaves. He later figures out that when a different style of music comes on, he's actually an incredible dancer! It's very "everyone marches to their own beat". This book teaches that not everyone is the same - and that's OK. Some people might be better than you at some things, and you might be better at something else.
on May 9, 2017
I got it for my son’s 4th birthday and, although, he may not understand the whole book yet, I love it! It’s well written and has a point to it. I wish there were more of these out there. Just like poems that rhyme.
on March 2, 2017
This book is in strong rotation during bedtime stories.. My kiddo is only 6 months but he loves the bright pictures and Mom and Dad love the story. When he gets older and is able to understand it's a great story of accepting people. Super cute!
on January 19, 2016
There are different versions of this book, i found one at barnes and noble and decided to order it on here instead but the illustrations were not as nice as the newer version so I was a little disappointed. But the book was in great condition, just should have been labled what version it was.
on April 26, 2017
This was given to our grandson on his first birthday. It's a clever story that shows everyone is different with different gifts and talents and ways of moving, no matter the size and shape of the body they are given.
on August 8, 2017
This is such a sweet book, with bright and colorful pictures to go along with a bright and colorful message. I bought this for my two-year-old twin grandsons who LOVE books and they were delighted with it.