Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Giraffes Can't Dance
Format: Board book|Change

on October 29, 2015
There's a reason this book is a top seller, it's adorable! I first read this book in a toddler book club when I was a nanny, I now read this book to my own children. I have read this book probably a hundred + times (not an exaggeration) and I still love it. I haven't found a child who didn't like this book, it's so cute. Great story, nice colorful illustrations. I highly recommend this book!
review imagereview imagereview image
223 helpful votes
224 helpful votes
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2016
I'm going to side with every other member of this book's fan club. I bought his because I have a beautiful little boy who has some very specialized challenges, and I loved the message this book sends...that you can be different, you can even not be good at certain things in other people's eyes, but there can still be something beautiful only you can contribute. And I want my son to know and to hear that message that just like Gerald the Giraffe, he's got a very special dance that he'll be able to do. And I want him to be able to see that it's possible too, because I know sometimes it can be hard, especially when you're in therapy all the time and therapy is all about what's not going well and what's not going like normal, so I truly think this book has great value especially for kiddos who may struggle to do things the way other people "normally" do. It sends a very nice "yes you can" message, and I love it.
73 helpful votes
74 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Such a cute book and my babe loves the story of Gerald! The giraffe does not go to sleep in the end which is great for reading in the middle of the day!
on June 23, 2017
Fun read for parents and kids. This book has wonderful brightly colored pictures and an interesting story line with a good meaning. My son is only 9 months old and already enjoys this book. As a parent, some kids books get old really fast, I feel like this one will be fun to read for a while!
on June 9, 2017
We have read this over and over and over. A great book to help small children accept and celebrate our differences.
on June 5, 2017
Amazing book, very important lesson. My 10 mo old likes it, although she's still a little bit young to follow such a 'long' story. However, she keeps turning the pages and I'm sure it will be one of her favorites.
on April 7, 2016
I love the art. I'm not fond of the teasing theme and how the other animals treat him. Even with the way it ends.
2 helpful votes
on May 10, 2017
i got this book for my sons daycare. They loved it. cute pictures and cute story. would prob buy as a gift again.
on June 18, 2017
Love this book and the hard cover is the best choice to go with any book you order when you have babies at home
on May 2, 2017
I love this book! It is colorful and fun to read! We not only read the book but also identify the various animals to our daughter. I love the story.. we all can dance once we have music we love!