BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 9, 2017
If you like suspense and good acting and who doesn't; then this movie's for you. Daniel Craig starts out as our lead in this movie. From Bond to news reporter, Craig gets burned in a financial fiasco that pits his credibility against powerful political and finacial forces. This gives rise to a new situation: now enter the case of the missing girl and nobody does it better than Bond, ere, Daniel Craig. Craig is enlisted to help solve tha case. He must travel, investigate and report. But, he's gotten more than he bargained for. This is a case of who-done-it. You will not be disappointed...
on May 23, 2013
I don't even know where to begin with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. For a movie with a 158 minute running time, I felt like I was just starting to get into it. In a very good way. A very deliberate film, there are no wasted moments. David Fincher was born to direct mysteries/thrillers.

If story starts and ends with characters, then actors play a vital role in the success of a film. If we accept that premise, then Dragon Tattoo is a huge success. Rooney Mara deserves all the credit in the world for this performance. I had previously thought that Michelle Williams in My Week with Marilyn was the only choice for the Best Actress Oscar, but Ms. Mara has made me realize that she is an actress to watch going forward. Every choice she makes never betrays the character. I also think that's why the film needs the violence and brutality it has.

At no point are any of the scenes gratuitous. Yes, they may be uncomfortable for some, but in no way should they be done without. In fact, without them, the character of Lisbeth Salander comes across as unrealistic and two-dimensional. If movies are in fact to invoke the senses, which is in turn vital to any visceral experience with watching a movie, then the audience is in the best place to understand the character, which means they are in the best place for understanding the story.

As I said before, David Fincher is born to direct these kinds of films. Every clue we the audience need is available (like in Se7en). He plays no cheap tricks, yet he doesn't offer up the clues easily. If ever there were a movie that required you to be an active audience member, this is it.

Don't even get me started with the technical aspects. The cinematography is beautiful and the editing... let's just say there's a reason it won the Oscar. Rarely have I been more confused, horrified, and moved by a movie, all the while loving every minute of it.

This is definitely David Fincher's best work since Zodiac or Fight Club. The Social Network may have gotten all the attention the year before, but The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo deserved all it got and more.

I certainly hope we get the follow-ups, with director and appropriate cast intact.
on December 27, 2012
A well written script whose main quirky character Lisbeth Salander is brilliantly acted by Rooney Mara. A dragon tattoo on her back, pierced body earrings just about everywhere, a punk hairdo, black lipstick, she certainly commands attention. Abused as a child, endowed with off the chart analytical skills and a photographic memory and also one mean bitch she is someone you don't want to cross. Raped by her parol officer the scene where she gets revenge is unforgettable. Mikael Blomkvist, played by Roger Craig, in my opinion the co-star, is Roger Craig, We know who he is and what he is capable of. The plot concerns a 40 year old apparent murder of a wealthy Swedish Industrialist niece. His dysfunctional family gives us plenty of suspects. Mikael (Roger Craig) well respected journalist is hired to uncover who done it and soon, with the help of Lisbeth, uncovers a sadist serial killer. This movie is not for kids, but if you enjoy an intricate plot, brilliant cast and well acted -- don't miss it. By the way this movie is the first of a trilogy. All three books have been made into movies in Swedish -- the authors native language -- and also brilliantly acted and cast. If you don't mind subtitles I also recommend those movies. Stieg Larsson wrote the books and left us with some real thrillers before his untimely passing.
on December 24, 2014
you can say what you want about the american version. There is always controversy when going from book to movie. It is true like many others this movie does not follow the book exactly, I think they played it safe knowing they would only make one movie so the studio decided to end things a little differently but it was a pre cursor that definitely got me interested enough to buy in sit through the Swedish version (saga) and all its subtitles. Great story to dive into and if you're like me, it left you hungry for more which leads you to search for the sequels, the girl who played with fire and the girl who shook the hornets nest. Fortunately if you wind up liking the franchise, the Swedes give you a lot more footage as they didn't seem to have an agenda that wouldnt last any more than 120 min because that would mean ultimately you can't fill the 9:00 seat when you've already filled the one for the 7.
on September 12, 2014
Like to start off by saying that I haven't read the book yet. It is on my "to do" list though. It's waiting in my Kindle. I started watching this series with the Swedish version of the movie. I'd have to say I enjoyed both versions. This American version was better to me visually. I can't decide which version of "Lisbeth" I like better the American version or the Swedish version. I'm curious to know which one was more true to the book. I won't know that until I finish reading it. Miss Mara gave a great performance as "Lisbeth" I always enjoy Daniel Craig in movies. I gave 5 stars because I'm a big fan of the Tattoo series. It is worth a look and the cost of the instant stream.
on November 4, 2014
Great movie! The video feed from Amazon kept hanging and buffering, so I wasn't able to watch the full movie as planned in one sitting. I thought I had a month to view the movie as per the message onscreen (see attached pic), so I didn't worry about it. The next day I went back to my library to finish the movie, and IT WAS GONE!. Instead of the month of time I saw, I only had 24 hrs to view, so I had to rent a second time to finish it. Second showing had no video feed issues and no 'hanging' as in first watching. Amazon is usually on top of their infrastructure issues affecting customers and proactively refunds when issues arise, however this time they did not.
review image
on August 28, 2016
great across the board.
watch it!
on January 23, 2014
I bought both the Blu-Ray American version as well as the trilogy Swedish Blu-ray version. I first watched the American version, the Swedish version and then re-watched the American version, all in about 3 weeks apart. The second time I watched the American version, I like it better because it makes more sense since I could see the 2 lives of the characters played by Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig in parallel before they merged. The acting was excellent, in particular, the role of Lisbeth, played by Rooney Mara. I got a much better appreciation of her talent by watching the supplements to find out that she actually immersed herself in the role. For example, her piercings were real and she walked through Stockholm in the winter to get a real feel of settings. David Fincher is also a great director who is very detail oriented and brought out the best from the actors. Of course, Daniel Craig and the rest of the crew were also superb. This movie represents the best of drama where the ending was unpredictable. Highly recommended.
on August 25, 2017
Stieg Larsson would be proud of this movie as Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara really made the movie. Great acting,
good plot, I only wish the following two movies of this trio had the same actors.
on August 8, 2017
very beautiful And Bristol Packing I Like it man.im very excited I received today!Thanks again Amazon,No body compete you, keep it up take care customers just like me.Thanks Amazon.very pretty job.