Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on September 12, 2012
I was told about this book at a sheep and wool festival in Maryland and could not find it anywhere. It is very difficult to find a knitting book for children between 4 and 14 that are not too babyish or too adult. This is the perfect book.

I have two grandchildren, both girls. The oldest is 9 and very choosy about what she likes and the other is not 2 yet. I have had a hard time finding something the 9 year old would like but when she looked through this book she found several. Of course the 2 year couldn't care at this time but it will not be long.

There is only one problem....I can't knit fast enough.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
This is the ONLY book I have found with patterns for a child who is school-aged. So many options for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. But nothing for the older child who can't yet fit in a pattern for a small adult if it was appropriate for a child. Great variety of basic designs that can be dressed up or down depending on type of yarn used. Love that each pattern is shown made up for both a girl and a boy.
I bought a 2nd book and left with the grandchildren in another state so they can tell me what they want.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
I found this book to be a great resource, especially for beginners. The patterns are easy to follow, and the authors illustrate step by step on how to do the stitches, along with instructions on how to sew parts together. They also offer advice on which yarn to purchase for each project. Found this book to be something I will look forward to, each time I open it up for project ideas. Excellent book!
on February 17, 2015
My daughters are enjoying this book (ages 11 and 13). They have already made at least 5 items from the patterns. It is easy to follow for newer knitters or for young ones who just dont have the patience to knit a huge project yet. Even the sweaters in here are not overwhelming.
on April 15, 2009
This book is excellent for several reasons:
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Patterns that knit quickly, which is essential for me since kids grow so fast.
- Really cute UNISEX designs - I have boy, and most of the pattern books I see are full of girl patterns.
- Patterns for kids over the age of three! It is uncommon to find patterns for older kids.
- Sections that kids might be able to knit if they're interested.

I highly recommend this book to people who want practical designs for active children.
on October 7, 2016
Awesome book I use it very often. Thanks for getting it to me fast.
on November 13, 2016
Had patterns I needed in sizes I wanted. Very pleased.
on March 14, 2014
It just wasn't what I wanted. The patterns are very simple, a child learning to knit could do them.

I was hoping for patterns for charity knitting that would be interesting for me to knit. This just wasn't it. Nothing against the book.
on February 15, 2016
Great patterns for goodies for our grand kids!!!
on November 25, 2007
I really like the patterns in the book, and my daughter wants me to make several of them. The authors put a disclaimer in the book that the yarn choices are suggestions.....and you have to take them that way. Otherwise you are looking at a $150 sweater for a child.

Many of the yarns are doubled so you have to really make that gauge swatch!