Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on May 26, 2014
I found this book in our library and enjoyed it so much I bought copies for my granddaughters who are all teens or preteens. Perfect!
on October 26, 2013
I bought this book for my daughter. She loved it so much, I bought it for my nieces. It's now my go to birthday gift for her friends.
on April 17, 2015
I absolutely LOVED this book and my ten and thirteen year old daughters do too. I really appreciated that there is a wide selection of ladies represented from all over the world, including many cultures that are often overlooked. For examples, there are women represented as warrior queens, scholars, poets, physicists, artists, musicians, fossil hunters, nurses, abolitionists, suffragettes, ballerina, fashion designers, agriculturalists, politicians, missionaries, writers, journalists, activists, architects, etc... It is strong mix of creative arts , scientific, anthropological and other fields.

There are some women included that frequently are topics of biographies, such as Helen Keller, Joan of Ar, and Harriet Tubman. There are many that are many much more obscure, but equally fascinating topics: The Night Witches, Phillis Wheatley, Bessie Smith, and Sarah Bernhardt, for example. There are also recent/current ladies included in the volume such as: Natalie Portman, S.E. Hinton & Temple Grandin.

I highly recommend.
on April 19, 2016
This is a great book because you don't have to read it cover to cover (makes my daughter happy)! My daughter looks through the list of 'girls who rocked the world' and chooses one to read about. Each section is just long enough to grab her attention and give her a little information about that person. There have been a few that she wants to research further.
on April 3, 2015
This is a great book and my eight year old daughter is excited to learn about women who rocked history!
on March 4, 2016
Good book for my 10 year old daughter. Little chapter stories to read about influential women who ROCK!
on March 3, 2017
Would have liked a little more of a visual/picture with each story. It will work for us just would have been nice.
on June 4, 2017
I give books to kids to encourage them to read and this is a wonderful book for teen girls.
on August 12, 2017
My 9 year old has thoroughly enjoyed this book.
on January 8, 2014
Lots of information given in a simple interesting way. I liked the illustrations because they made the women appear nice and friendly and approachable.

I bought this book for my daughter so she would be inspired and know that women can do great things.

This book was not boring and kept her interest.