Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on February 14, 2014
I commute to work, 5 miles each way, year round in Northern California. These gloves work very well in the colder/damper months. Our temps here can run from freezing in the early morning before I go to work to the mid 50's (in the winter).

Pro's: Durable construction. Comfortable. Great fit (for me). Reflective areas (for safety).

Con's: Warm fingers to about 40 degrees F. But that's how the description reads...so do yourself a favor and READ those descriptions.

I wear a medium in these gloves. I wear a size 6 1/2 sterile gloves at work, for those of you in healthcare you know what I mean. I would NOT say I have a big hand at all. So I think all the reviewers that say to upsize, that's a great idea.

I am about to order my third pair. Not because my other two pairs aren't still beneficial. But in my older years (late 40's) I start to realize if I find a favorite 'something' it's gone the next season. Since these fit well and do the job, I want to have an extra pair available once the others fail.

I have washed my oldest pair a few times and one of the gloves lost some stitching (1" length) in the palm area. But honestly, it was easy to sew it back together.

I hope this helps you.Get out and ride!
on November 23, 2012
Although advertised as being good for temperatures down to freezing, they do not keep my hands warm when it gets near or below about 40 degrees. The fabrication is excellent, and although other reviewers have said that you should order one size up (as their fit is undersized), my hand-size is definitely XL, and the XL size I received fits me (wait for it!) like a glove!

Shifting with my thumb and pointer finger is easily accomplished, and braking is transparent - except for when my hands have gone numb from the cold, which does occur at a higher than rated temperature.

Someone complained that they're isn't a good spot to wipe your runny nose on them! For me, I just use my sweatshirt sleeve if it gets that bad! Overall the sizing, construction and quality are great, but they just don't keep my hands warm at 40 degrees or below. Maybe It's just the windchill factor because I'm riding too fast! I ride for exercise over 100 miles per week - currently living in Michigan.
on October 31, 2012
As others have noted the sizing seems somewhat off. My palm is a little less than 23 MM yet XL is rather tight. Also, given that I'm rather normal in size, 5/11 180 lbs seems odd to be ordering an extra large. In all other cases I'm usually wearing mediums or large not extra large. Another positive is styling. These are very handsome gloves. One reason I gave these 4 stars was the minimal amount of padding on these gloves. For long rides, you really need the shock absorbing aspect of cycling gloves to minimize joint pain. These gloves are good with respect to warmth but provide almost no shock absorption.
on March 24, 2014
Rode with these gloves in 45 degree weather. Didn't really keep my hands warm as I had hoped. Just kept them from getting painfully numb from the cold. I would say the gloves makes riding in cold weather more tolerable. I have yet to ride in temperatures much colder but seeing as how Spring time is upon us I will have to wait until next Winter. As an aside, the fit is snug and looks well made, hence the 4 stars. These should last a long time.
on April 16, 2012
Don't make the same mistake I did... NOT paying enough attention to the rest of the reviews.

I checked the Giro size chart and measured my hands accordingly.

25.5 cm around the largest part of my palm / Giro chart XL 24.8 - 26.7
22 from the heal to the tip of my middle finger / Giro XL 20 - 21

I ordered the XL because I couldn't be sure of the heal to tip of finger measurement... Where does the heal start?
So, I ordered the XL based on circumference measurement of my palm. I tried using the PDF printout but the hand width was way out of proportion to my hand and was useless.

The XL was skin tight and I could not close my hand. I thought I would tear open the seams if I really tried. I returned these and got the XXL. These fit better, so I would say that the measurement of the hand length is more important in my case. It cost an additional $5.58 so return these and in the end cost me more than if I went to my LBS and tried them on or just waited for the clearance sale when the weather got warmer.

I bought these for cold days and of course by the time they were returned and replaced the weather is now warmer... :(
Which is not a bad thing... ;)

Anyway, I tried the gloves out riding my motorcycle and found that the web between the thumb and index finger is to tight. By this I mean that when grasping the handlebar it forces my thumb against the inside tip of the glove, and the seam is very pronounced and uncomfortable. There is very little padding in the palm so if you think that these are bicycle style gloves with padding except with full fingers, think again.

All in all not the greatest experience and no I would not recommend these to a friend.
on December 19, 2012
These are nothing incredible but they keep my hands warm and I love the soft material on the thumb and back of the hand (the light grey area in the picture). I bike to work about 7.5 miles each way and these keep my hands toasty down to about 35-40 degrees (F) with little movement. Anything colder and I need an extra layer on top or a thin cotton glove inside. I wish they were a tiny bit longer on the wrist but that's nothing to complain about. The grip is good on the palm and fingers and overall I've been extremely happy with them for cool weather (35-55 degree F) biking.
on November 12, 2010
Definitely go 1 size bigger than you usually do. X-Large is usually plenty for me but they are tight. Great for temps as low as 37-38F but no colder. Good construction that looks like they will last. Great for nose wiping. My morning bike ride is about 20 minutes.
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 8, 2014
Bad joke? Too soon?? Oh well. I bought these hoping for a lightweight warm glove to keep the cold wind and temps off my back scratchers. These did the trick. I can ride my bike home on a cold evening and immediately remove them and scratch my back. No more feeling cold fingers on my back! HOORAY! Love these gloves. In all seriousness, good quality product, great fit, no popped seems or cheap crap here!
on October 10, 2011
Great gloves. One of the things I like most about them is they still allow for pretty good dexterity. I can get my keys out of my pocket and unlock the door, etc. without taking them off. I live in western Washington and I use these gloves on my daily bike commute. Even though it can be wet here these gloves are fine on all but the rainiest days.
Another review says they run a little small, and I found that to be true. By the measurements I would be wearing a medium, but I ordered a large and they fit great.
on July 26, 2015
These gloves have done a good job keeping my hands from freezing during some late fall rides with temperatures as low as the upper 30's. I have fairly large hands, but the XL is still a little tighter than I'd like. Typically XL gloves are just about right for me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.